This year's darling team?

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Anyone have a guess at this year's darling team? Not necessarily a cup favourite, but a team that will quickly become everyone's "second team" for the year? Ideally you won't pick your home team for this unless you feel they objectively stand out in this regard

So far I have a soft spot for Florida. I hope they stay healthy and break through this year.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Florida's a good pick. Have some big shoes to fill after Vegas last year, though.

Most likely there won't be one, in my opinion.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
You know, they may be in the same division but I really admire the locker room chemistry the Sharks have going. The camaraderie is just fantastic, just look at how happy Kane and Karlsson are over there. I would say they’d be mine if the Flames don’t play too well this season (which is unlikely in my opinion).

Florida, AZ and NYI would be good picks too. NYI for the love reason of Tavares leaving them. I’m really wishing the Isles the best.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
guessing SJ receives a lot of bandwagon fans. Might see Buffalo get some more love if Dahlin-Eichel-Mittlestadt get off to a good start.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
It will be a small market team that gets not a ton of exposure and doesn't have a ton of fans. The reason is that A) IF they win people won't really have to deal with a ton of gloating and B) they usually aren't rivals to anyone so fans don't care to see them win.

Like would you rather the Coyotes won the cup this year or a division rival or a team with stars that have won tons already or a team that gets a ton of coverage?

Everyone would take the Coyotes there.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Got to be the Sharks, they've got the #1 guy people want to see win a Cup in Joe and they'll probably be fun to watch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad