Sportsnet This Week's " 31 Thoughts " Column by Elliotte Friedman ( Updated - June 26th )

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Wow - 2 weeks in a row where Friedman managed to squeeze in a bit of Bruins news around his continuous fawning over the Leafs. :thumbu:

13. Boston’s been linked to Coyle. If he’s not the guy, wonder if someone like Jeff Carter would fit the Bruins.

14. They’ve also been linked to Kevin Hayes, but will have competition. Another possibility for the Ranger centre? Colorado. He’s exactly what they need.

Full column here: www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-leafs-wouldnt-trade-nylander-pietrangelo/

Top Shelf Wrister

Jan 16, 2017
Id love me some Coyle. Young, competes every night and can slide up and down the lineup if need be but it seems like any addition made to this roster will just create another hole to fill.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Wow - 2 weeks in a row where Friedman managed to squeeze in a bit of Bruins news around his continuous fawning over the Leafs. :thumbu:

13. Boston’s been linked to Coyle. If he’s not the guy, wonder if someone like Jeff Carter would fit the Bruins.

14. They’ve also been linked to Kevin Hayes, but will have competition. Another possibility for the Ranger centre? Colorado. He’s exactly what they need.

Full column here: www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-leafs-wouldnt-trade-nylander-pietrangelo/

Wait. Didn't the B's have a "Jeff Carter" 20 years ago?

Reactions: Blowfish

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Tim Thomas living in Idaho, why do I picture a Fry Cry 5 type setting for Timmy? I loved Timmy and will always be grateful for his 2011 cup run but his departure always left a bad taste.

Great interview with Ference on the last 31 Thoughts podcast which included talk about Thomas. You should listen to the whole thing, but if you aren't going to, spoiler alert to my favorite anrcdote:

Ference said that one day Claude called a meeting with the players' leadership group. He asked the guys how he can better handle Thomas. Apparently, Claude brought him into his office to talk and Thomas just called him a communist and didn't say anything else.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Great interview with Ference on the last 31 Thoughts podcast which included talk about Thomas. You should listen to the whole thing, but if you aren't going to, spoiler alert to my favorite anrcdote:

Ference said that one day Claude called a meeting with the players' leadership group. He asked the guys how he can better handle Thomas. Apparently, Claude brought him into his office to talk and Thomas just called him a communist and didn't say anything else.

That is a hilarious story. :laugh:

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen

Not surprised at Clodes lack of a sack there. This is the same guy who cried to Kovalev and got a puck shot to his head by John Madden and didn't do anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->