This was the last time Toronto won a coaches challenge/video review

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Saturday February 24, 2018. Why is that date significant, it was the last time I remember when Toronto won a coaches challenge/video review. It was a Ron Hainsey goal scored at the 18:37 mark of the 3rd period in a 4-3 win over Boston, which the Bruins wanted a coaches challenge for goalie interference and to my surprise the goal was still allowed. Here is a video of the play in question for those who forgot about it.

So it's actually hard to believe that since this date how Toronto has not been able to win a coaches challenge no matter if it was asked for by Babcock or the coach of the opposing team. Plus since this game Toronto has not had a video review done by the situation room also go in their favour, if it was not a coaches challenge.

Also when it comes to video reviews that are done by the situation room I read a comment from someone that had this theory. Basically they asked if it's possible they are not getting the calls in their favour because they don't want it to seem like the Leafs are getting any favoritism since the situation room is located in Toronto. Personally I don't think that's true, although I can see why they would ask that. However that's also like saying the NHL wants a team like the Rangers to always do well since their league office is located in Manhattan of New York City.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
it is what it is. I don't believe in team favouritism, and don't subscribe to conspiracy theories.

the reviews have not gone in the Leafs favour because the plays didn't deserve it, legitimately, in the eyes of the reviewers. and that has been the case, however many times in a row.

Anyone who has played blackjack knows that the ball lands on black 10 times in a row sometimes.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
it is what it is. I don't believe in team favouritism, and don't subscribe to conspiracy theories.

the reviews have not gone in the Leafs favour because the plays didn't deserve it, legitimately, in the eyes of the reviewers. and that has been the case, however many times in a row.

Anyone who has played blackjack knows that the ball lands on black 10 times in a row sometimes.
Anyone who plays blackjack with balls isn't playing blackjack. I believe you mean roulette?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad