This team needs a shakeup

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
This team doesn't need a shake up. They just need to play smarter. We goth the pieces, they just don't fit right now.

Lundmark17

Mar 3, 2004
Nice to see that they called this. Obviously we won't know what was said but hopefully Spezza was the catalyst for this meeting.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
New lines at practice as I'm hearing them:

Conacher smith Neil
Pageau Turris mcarthur
Ryan spezza michalek

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Nice to see that they called this. Obviously we won't know what was said but hopefully Spezza was the catalyst for this meeting.

They need their ***** kicked. This team is so much better than the way they have been playing imo.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
if i recall correctly, the Sens are losing to the Sharks

let's not overreact.

Its more than just wins and losses. The team is playing horribly, the amount of giveaways Friday night was embarrassing. How many games have the Sens been down a goal before we hit the 5 minute mark of the first.

The team is simply not playing hard enough. The have the talent to compete they are choosing not too at this point.

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
We had Alfredsson then

So when Ottawa started 6 - 10 the year they went to the cup it was not Alfredssons fault they started poorly, but it was because of him they turned the season around in November. Now this year when we start in a similar fashion in October it's because we don't have Alfi.

All I have to say is.... brilliant!

I wish the Alfi rhetoric would just stop. If we still had the guy I'm sure it would help but this has nothing to do with him. Alfi didn't take away the little Alfi angel that was on everyone's shoulder reminding them in real time not to screw up defensively. True story

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The Sens have had a rough start but the schedule hasn`t done them any favours either. This could be a good motivation starter for BM/PM in that players listen better to coaches when they are losing more so than when they are winning & we have seen PM doing a lot more coaching these days. Hopefully, it becomes a blessing in disguise where they get all of their `tough`games out of the way early & can soon start to work their way into playing much beter & as a team more.

The next ten games will go a long way in deciding what may happen this yr, there a five winnable games & if they still can`t play better they may not make the playoffs. But if they do start to climb the hill & play better, hopefully put a run together & get back into it, that would certainly be a good sign of things improving. Peaking later is much better than peaking in October but they have to assure they get enough points to be in the playoffs too.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Alfredsson would change nothing on this team right now, and he wouldn't be the catalyst for a turnaround. 2 years ago when we started off badly it was 2 hart like seasons from Spezza and Karlsson that turned our season around -- not Alfredsson.

We need Spezza and Karlsson to be what they are -- our two best players. The team is much better this year than 2 years ago so it shouldn't be an issue.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I wouldnt mind seeing Spezza play with a couple non 3rd/4th line wingers. or failing that a couple of guys with some hockey IQ. that'd be alright.
Id like to see another top 4 defenceman in here at some point.
I'd like to see more speed in the lineup.

Zibinejad Spezza Conacher
Macarthur Turris Ryan
Hoffman Pageau Michalek
Mathias Smith Neil

Call up Hoffman, trade for Mathias.
The defence IMO is harder to address.

Karlsson although he made a few mistakes took a huge step up on Sunday with respect to his style of play and compete level.
It looked like he slapped himself out of injury style Karlsson and decided to attack the game like pre injury karlsson. jumping into the attack, anticipating and picking off passes and launching the attack, hanging out down low and carrying the puck wide down low, shots from everywhere...

ill put up with mistakes all year if he plans on taking his talent out for a spin again. He needs to play like that and push the pace to return to what he is. the more he plays like that the sooner its all going to come back to him.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
AJ Jakubec
MacLean says Craig Anderson, Robin Lehner & Zack Smith have been their best and most consistent players so far. #Sens

Erm....

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
So when Ottawa started 6 - 10 the year they went to the cup it was not Alfredssons fault they started poorly, but it was because of him they turned the season around in November. Now this year when we start in a similar fashion in October it's because we don't have Alfi.

I wish the Alfi rhetoric would just stop. If we still had the guy I'm sure it would help but this has nothing to do with him. Alfi didn't take away the little Alfi angel that was on everyone's shoulder reminding them in real time not to screw up defensively. True story

Actually the turn around started the day Emery came back from injury and took the crease from Gerber-Baby. He gave the team solid goaltending and the confidence they needed. Emery got that ball rolling, not Alfie

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
AJ Jakubec
MacLean says Craig Anderson, Robin Lehner & Zack Smith have been their best and most consistent players so far. #Sens

Erm....

I just made the exact same post in another thread :laugh:

Smith has been good in 1 game, OK in another and terrible in the rest.

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
I;ve said it beofre, I'll say it again, this team needs a Kris Versteeg, someone who plays with a line drawn in the sand because no one on our team is doing that. When Cory Conacher is your gritty forward, who have huge huge issues.

Ott: Versteeg
Flo: 3rd rounder

Versteeg is the rat we need, emotion, dirty goals, grit - that's what we need.

Im all for that deal. I'd even be willing to deal a B level prospect if that's what would be needed to get Versteeg in a Sens jersey.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005

Actually Alfie did have a big hand in turning it around that year.

It was Murray's first year as coach the team didn't seem to be adapting well and then some of the centers went down to injury.

Alfie called a dinner meeting with some of the leaders and that did seem to be the turn around with the season.

Afterwards when it was mentioned Alfie deflected praise as usual and said that Murray hadn't received enough credit for the turnaround.

Evidently Spezza called the meeting today and we have to hope that the players buy in and that we see more focus and effort.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
I wouldnt mind seeing Spezza play with a couple non 3rd/4th line wingers. or failing that a couple of guys with some hockey IQ. that'd be alright.
Id like to see another top 4 defenceman in here at some point.
I'd like to see more speed in the lineup.

Zibinejad Spezza Conacher
Macarthur Turris Ryan
Hoffman Pageau Michalek
Mathias Smith Neil

Call up Hoffman, trade for Mathias.
The defence IMO is harder to address.

Karlsson although he made a few mistakes took a huge step up on Sunday with respect to his style of play and compete level.
It looked like he slapped himself out of injury style Karlsson and decided to attack the game like pre injury karlsson. jumping into the attack, anticipating and picking off passes and launching the attack, hanging out down low and carrying the puck wide down low, shots from everywhere...

ill put up with mistakes all year if he plans on taking his talent out for a spin again. He needs to play like that and push the pace to return to what he is. the more he plays like that the sooner its all going to come back to him.

Agree completely re Karlsson , his rejuvenated play was the most positive thing to come out of last nights game.
Evidently Spezza and Ryan are on a line together in practice.
And Hoffman would bring a welcome injection of speed into the lineup.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
AJ Jakubec

Erm....

What a shame, I thought mac wasn't the type of coach that played favourites. Also no turris?

Guess he'll leave anderson in, till he figures it out....

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
What a shame, I thought mac wasn't the type of coach that played favourites. Also no turris?

Guess he'll leave anderson in, till he figures it out....

How dare Maclean have faith in the goalie that carried the team last year and the year before and has started this year with a .920 SV%?

Clearly he is an imbecile and should default to the expert analysis of HFSens that Lehner is clearly better which cannot be quantitatively proven in any way.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Are up we for the most panicky fan base award this year?

Seriously, 4 of our 5 losses were against 2 of the top teams in the entire league. The only loss that we really should have marked in the "win" column prior to the game was against the Oilers, and the team actually played pretty well in that one.

The game against the Hawks will also be brutal tough. I suppose people will be jumping out of tall buildings if we drop that one.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Are up we for the most panicky fan base award this year?

Seriously, 4 of our 5 losses were against 2 of the top teams in the entire league. The only loss that we really should have marked in the "win" column prior to the game was against the Oilers, and the team actually played pretty well in that one.

The game against the Hawks will also be brutal tough. I suppose people will be jumping out of tall buildings if we drop that one.

I think the expectation was that we will be in that 'top teams' grouping. Meaning that we should be able to beat other top teams, and especially at home. Our expectations need to be adjusted. With adjustment there will be pain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad