This team lacks top end talent

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal
Let’s be honest this team has no superstar, just take a look at the teams in our division

Tampa has
Stamkos
Kuch
Point

Leafs have
JT
Matthews
Marner

Bruins have
Berg
March
Pasta

Can you name one forward on the Habs that is one the same level of the players I just named? Not only is this team small and soft af but they have no talent to that could be PPG. My solution for this is to tank for Alexis Laf. This is the only way we will move forward, we need to draft top end talent and we have a chance to draft Laf or Byfield. Who’s with me?

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Let’s be honest this team has no superstar, just take a look at the teams in our division

Tampa has
Stamkos
Kuch
Point

Leafs have
JT
Matthews
Marner

Bruins have
Berg
March
Pasta

Can you name one forward on the Habs that is one the same level of the players I just named? Not only is this team small and soft af but they have no talent to that could be PPG. My solution for this is to tank for Alexis Laf. This is the only way we will move forward, we need to draft top end talent and we have a chance to draft Laf or Byfield. Who’s with me?

Have you found a way to rig the draft lottery because tanking for a top 3 pick isn't a sure thing.

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal
Have you found a way to rig the draft lottery because tanking for a top 3 pick isn't a sure thing.

We haven’t made the playoffs in the last 2 years, I think there is good chance the NHL would rig the lottery for us and even if we don’t get Laf we could still get Byfield.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Been the case for 25 years, I'm not holding my breath for this team to do anything about it.

Reactions: PKWeber

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
You don't say :laugh:

That is why this summer should have been a go for broke moment get someone at all cost, Panarin, Marner, Laine, anybody. Give the four picks if need be. This team is not getting anywhere with that Top 6. Just brutal.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Doesn’t matter Habs need to tank and why is this team so small?

Ok, to answer seriously, I 100% agree with your analysis that we lack high-end talent. I got to hope we got some kids who will develop into pretty decent, perhaps elite players, but yeah, as of now, we don’t have these guys.

I’m all for improving our odds for a lottery pick but as we’ve seen twice now, tanking (albeit unintentionally) has not worked for us.

End of the day, we just have to develop who we have. Boston hasn’t tanked for a long time and look at them. Oilers are perpetual tankers and look at them as well.

Yes, getting a top-5 pick will always increase the odds of a legit star, but let’s just call it like it is... this team will never intentionally tank. As much as we aren’t elite, we are too good (barring major injuries) to be a bottom-5 team as well.

As for size, I dunno. We should fix that.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Everyone but Molson & MB realize, and care, about this...

Unfortunately, those two are the only ones that can do anything about it & we got confirmation this week that it's status quo for the next 7-8 years, so don't expect us to address this issue anytime soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->