This Team is The Real Deal!

simplysincere*

until they beat a team in the west, they have not proved anything. will see if they can even make it to the cup, probably will not get that far though because they don't have a heavyweight.

You make it as if every team in the West is better than every team in the East. Yes, the West is the better conference, but your post does not justify anything.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Well looks like I was wrong on the Cole/ Ryder deal, Ryder certainly looks like he is going to excel in Montreal. Making the trip from Montreal to see the Bruins/Sens tonight. Hopefully we can keep pace with the habs.

PricePkPatch*

Well looks like I was wrong on the Cole/ Ryder deal, Ryder certainly looks like he is going to excel in Montreal. Making the trip from Montreal to see the Bruins/Sens tonight. Hopefully we can keep pace with the habs.

And we hope you run into a red-hot Bishop :naughty:

NHLFutureGuy3

Aug 22, 2008
We are regular season real but are we playoff real?

Are we San Jose who does well in the regular season and chokes in the playoffs or are we like Los Angelas who you knew that, if they just made the playoffs, were built for the playoffs.

Can't wait to find out.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
We were bad last year....

But we weren't florida panthers bad. Jacques martin ranks probably number one on my list of worst nhl coaches ever.

That would be a terrible list without any doubt.

Martin was actually a good coach and did good with what he had. I've been watching the Canadiens for the last 15 years and he's the only coach that pushed this team to the ECF.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Martin was actually a good coach and did good with what he had. I've been watching the Canadiens for the last 15 years and he's the only coach that pushed this team to the ECF.

I agree, if Krejci didn't go down and Boston didn't blow that 3 game lead to philly, we most likely see a Montreal Boston series going 6 or 7 games. Not sure if the habs could have beat the blackhawks but you never know.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
We were bad last year....

But we weren't florida panthers bad. Jacques martin ranks probably number one on my list of worst nhl coaches ever.

I'm not a huge JM fan but there are a gazillion worse NHL coaches out there. If you look at what he was missing most of his tenure and how far he went with those teams he's a good coach.

Last year's team only started playing like crap when Cunneyworth took over.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Yes , and no. The East is pretty pathetic this year...

Habs

Feb 28, 2002

Halak pushed this team to the ECF and made JM look brilliant.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I'm not a huge JM fan but there are a gazillion worse NHL coaches out there. If you look at what he was missing most of his tenure and how far he went with those teams he's a good coach.

Last year's team only started playing like crap when Cunneyworth took over.

JM is/was a good coach, but he isn't much of a motivator. It isn't a coincidence the team started struggling when Muller left. Muller was the motivational figure behind the bench, JM was the tactician. They worked well together, but Muller's role wasn't adequately filled when he left.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
The thing with Jacques Martin is; He was given a team that didn't fit his style, and never adjusted his coaching approach afterwards. Good coaches find a way to adapt to their team. Martin forces a square peg into a round hole.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Halak pushed this team to the ECF and made JM look brilliant.

Halak sure was doing everything, from scoring goals to blocking shots in front of himself. He's also the only reason the team made the playoffs in the first place. These 82 games were all him...

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Jacques

more crappy photo alteration!!!

Last edited:

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Right now we are statistically playing over our heads.

http://nhlnumbers.com/2013/3/11/pdo-numbers-by-nhl-team-mar-11

Our PDO is 1.024, which means we've been getting some luck on our side. That being said, in a 48 game season the PDO stats are skewed, since a team definitely can ride a hot streak.

Don't be surprised if we tone it down a bit, but that being said so far so good!

Breaking news; the best teams in the league are somehow overachieving, while the weakest are shown as underachieving.

There's a reason why microstats indicate the Oilers are always one of the best puck possession team, and why Gomez is a great player.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Breaking news; the best teams in the league are somehow overachieving, while the weakest are shown as underachieving.

There's a reason why microstats indicate the Oilers are always one of the best puck possession team, and why Gomez is a great player.

Breaking news, that wasn't breaking news you posted, at all, lol

But there's a very good chance we tone it down a little. That's all. It's just pointing out that our numbers are higher than the average, which means we had a little luck on our side, something all good teams need.

As for fancy stats indicating Gomez is a great player....that's news to me.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Breaking news, that wasn't breaking news you posted, at all, lol

But there's a very good chance we tone it down a little. That's all. It's just pointing out that our numbers are higher than the average, which means we had a little luck on our side, something all good teams need.

As for fancy stats indicating Gomez is a great player....that's news to me.

Of course we won't maintain a .750 winning percentage. It's a fate that would make us one of the best teams in history.

That being said, I doubt any team that had success in the last few years had a number under 1,000 on that stat.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Halak sure was doing everything, from scoring goals to blocking shots in front of himself. He's also the only reason the team made the playoffs in the first place. These 82 games were all him...

Halak was the only reason the team made it anywhere in the playoffs, the only reason. They were outplayed, and outmatched in every series. Cammy was amazing, and the team had a wicked PP, but I'll give not an ounce of credit to Mr Potato Head.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Of course we won't maintain a .750 winning percentage. It's a fate that would make us one of the best teams in history.

Ah good, so we're back to square one. :laugh:

However in this shortened season, the fancy stats aren't that important, since there is less time to "normalize".

Definitely to our advantage, considering our start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad