This Team is Horrible (All Purpose Venting Thread)

The Real JT

In Lou We Trust: Just kidding
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
This is a thread that should be limited to sarcasm and pessimism so my apologies for previously going off topic.

Back to the title of the thread:

Do you know that our young guns (MDC, Bellows, Wahlstrom, Koivula and Bardreau) have 7 goals in 73 total games?

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
This is a thread that should be limited to sarcasm and pessimism so my apologies for previously going off topic.

Back to the title of the thread:

Do you know that our young guns (MDC, Bellows, Wahlstrom, Koivula and Bardreau) have 7 goals in 73 total games?
Anders and Ebs like that!

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Imagine this team with Panarin. I think that was 100% the plan for the next step this season. When he signed with NYR, it totally f***ed us. So we’re stuck with another season same as last year.

question is - what’s the big Panarin type FA to try and land this off season?

Reactions: bigtim1988

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I will say what I said at the beginning of this thread, when the Isles won 10+ in a row or something...It's a long season, there will be ups and downs. Don't get too high after win streaks, don't get too low after losses. This is a good team. Over 1 3/4 seasons it's been this way. Right now we are struggling for a save here, or a timely goal. The breaks will even out over an entire year.

Reactions: bigtim1988

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Imagine this team with Panarin. I think that was 100% the plan for the next step this season. When he signed with NYR, it totally ****ed us. So we’re stuck with another season same as last year.

Taylor Hall

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
This team is looking increasingly like a team with no confidence. Barzal endlessly dangling with the puck, no one in front of goal, half the team looking totally invisible out there and they leak shots on goal. As of now I think they'll miss the playoffs altogether

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Imagine this team with Panarin. I think that was 100% the plan for the next step this season. When he signed with NYR, it totally ****ed us. So we’re stuck with another season same as last year.

It clearly isn't a Panarin-level move, but I really like Mike Hoffman as a goal scorer for the Isles if he hits UFA. He would fill a big need and I think he would fit in well (assuming the off-ice issues aren't a concern).

I don't think the Isles will be able to find a Panarin, either by free agency or trade, so I think they have to ultimately move Leddy+ in trade for a player like Vincent Trocheck or a comparable center. That way the money works as well.

A top-9 of: Barzal, Beau, Nelson, Lee, Bailey, Eberle, Hoffman and a center comparable to Trocheck plus Bellows and/or Wahlstrom should be solid.

With a "fourth" line of Cizikas and Clutter plus one of Johnston or Uncle Leo, depending on the matchup.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA

It's unwise to put your eggs in one basket. This team would certainly be better with Panarin but that would have been only one piece when we need several.
Hall is an unrestricted free agent and I don't see why the Islanders would be a good landing spot for him since he will have multiple suitors unlike Panarin who wanted to play in a big city/NY.
Lou's plan is to take one day at a time and try and build through the draft. Problem is we aren't getting lottery picks.
Trading a second for Greene is worse than Snow trading a third for that Oilers defenseman or bringing in Hickey and Strait off waivers and playing them heavy minutes.
Greenes a good player capable of long minutes but that's a move I feel you make when you are on the verge of contending.

Last edited:

mike50591

Apr 3, 2012
My worry this year is that since before Thanksgiving they're 17-16-4...it's not exactly a rut they're in...maybe this is just what they are.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Yea but that team progressed as the season went on. This team peaked at the start and has stumbled out the gate since Pelech got hurt.

They went through a lull around this time of year last season, but they got off to a slower start and picked up in late November/December until now if I remember correctly.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
OK, so let's take inventory as to why this team is horrible:

Lou because all he does is sleep.
Trotz because he doesn't play the kids.
Barzal because he's selfish
Greene because he's an old UFA and not a Top 6 forward.
Bailey because he's Bailey.

Who else am I missing?

Reactions: nyisleslover

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
I'm here because I got swindled by some motivational speaker that told me I have potential. I could've used that $ for a few cases of 'Grandpa's Wrinkly Ass'.

Reactions: doublechili

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Missing 2/3 of their ID line & their top D & the team is not the same as the one won 18 straight. Oh definitely the goalies are not as sharp as they were earlier too.

Barzy being frustrated - wingers can't skate/shoot, refs constantly missed all kind of stuff other team does to him but happily dish out penalties to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->