This Team is Horrible (All Purpose Venting Thread)

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
They're making too many careless mistakes right now, taking too many penalties and not converting their chances. very reminiscent of the team to start the year. Needs to be cleaned up for sure, but they're running a little hot and cold lately. I am patiently waiting for a goal scorer to emerge. Eberle getting hot RN would be helpful.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
The team is not horrible, but they have some glaring weaknesses that could lead to a 1st round exit. Still halfway between pretender and contender.

• Promote Cizikas to 3rd Line Center , Once Bardreau is Healthy slot him in at 4C
  • MDC needs to be replaced with someone who is going to bring more on a nightly basis, simply having flashes of looking like you may belong should not be enough to keep a roster spot - I'd give Koivula a 10 game look at his natural position of LW
  • Korn needs to do work with Varlamov, he has not been a model of consistency , you get him showing up every game and this team is a lot better
  • If Wahlstrom is around a PPG player in the AHL after 50-55 games, you have to consider bringing him back to inject some life into the lineup, he may not have registered a point but he played with jump and you just knew he was going to start cashing in on opportunities sooner then later
Rants from the rocking chair...

Reactions: brachyrynchos

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Why is Johnson on top line? He is a good player but not that good. Need someone with more skills on line 1.

I will try this as lately Isles have trouble scoring:

Fast line - Beau, Barzal, Ebs. It worked before and I think this be harder for the opposition to check against & should generate more goals. All 3 has to commit working harder to get out of their own zone & need to be playing with top D pairing No. 3 & 6 most of the time.

Power line - Bailey, Lee and Nelson, with Bailey doing his best to set up either one of the two for scoring if the other two can open up space for him.

Checking line - Brassard, Cizikas & Clutter, should be able to provide more real offensive threat with tight checking on opposition. I would like best if D 25 & 24 plays with them.

Energy line - Martin/Johston alternating with ? C (preferably good skater) & MDC/Komarov alternating. If anyone struggled too much, promote someone who has played extremely well in Bridgeport. If MDC is not going to be in Isles long term plan, trade him for a middle round 2020 pick or another young forward who is also struggling with make his mark in NHL.

Should a trade become available for a trigger man who can also win face-off & decent skater, start shopping now. I will not trade Dobson though.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
The team is not horrible, but they have some glaring weaknesses that could lead to a 1st round exit. Still halfway between pretender and contender.

• Promote Cizikas to 3rd Line Center , Once Bardreau is Healthy slot him in at 4C
  • MDC needs to be replaced with someone who is going to bring more on a nightly basis, simply having flashes of looking like you may belong should not be enough to keep a roster spot - I'd give Koivula a 10 game look at his natural position of LW
  • Korn needs to do work with Varlamov, he has not been a model of consistency , you get him showing up every game and this team is a lot better
  • If Wahlstrom is around a PPG player in the AHL after 50-55 games, you have to consider bringing him back to inject some life into the lineup, he may not have registered a point but he played with jump and you just knew he was going to start cashing in on opportunities sooner then later
Rants from the rocking chair...

Funny how things age. Looks like Korn did the trick with him. He's been super consistent as of late.

Don't know what to think of Wahlstrom as I don't watch BP, but the Athletic says he's just focusing on defense which is why perhaps he has very little offensively to show from his time down there.

Reactions: Costigan77

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I have to make small talk in the office about the New York Islanders now...

Someone I know where I live is an "Islanders fan" who doesn't watch or know anything. Every time I see him he brings them up but it's just too painful to keep the conversation going so I don't.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Is that 15 or 16 goals allowed the past 3 games?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->