This Season: Ty Rattie or Jesse Puljujärvi?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Two Oilers with potential to put up some nice points. Simply basing it on the 2018-19 season in standard fantasy categories, which player would you choose? My thoughts on the two:

Ty Rattie - Lit it up last year playing 3rd wheel to McDavid and RNH with 9 pts in 14 games, and a nice preseason has cemented that spot on the 1st line - at least for the time being. My concern is that if his play falls off, he'll be on a shorter leash with Yamamoto making the team as well. If he's demoted off the top line, he's most likely next to worthless.

Jesse Puljujärvi - Huge potential and obviously is going to have a long leash to make mistakes given his draft pedigree. Still playing with a great player in Draistaitl, but more importantly its looking like he'll begin on the Oilers #1 PP unit. If his plays falters he'll most likely be demoted in favor of Rattie or Yamamoto and given 2nd PP minutes.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Ty Rattie for this year, he'll put up a ton of points with McDavid.

Puljujarvi long-term though.

edit: Puljujarvi doesn't play on the top PP unit. We're going with a dumb 5 lefty setup.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I almost sense that Rattie could be strong out of the gate like the (hare) but Jesse wins the race by seasons end (turtle)

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I almost sense that Rattie could be strong out of the gate like the (hare) but Jesse wins the race by seasons end (turtle)

Ya, this is my thought as well.

When Rattie gets into a cold stretch he could just vanish for the team.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
JP.

He has been absolutely flying this preseason and looks like he’s ready to breakout . He’s definitely faster and looks confident . I’ve never seen him play like this before .

Remember , McLellan likes to line juggle so it might not be long before Rattie is moved to another line .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->