Post-Game Talk: This Loss was Brought to you by the Letter C: Columbus 5 - Leafs 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Bernier .932(Somewhere around that)

Reimer .917

Reimer's seasons without a concussion 19-8-5, 20-10-5

I won't even bother to put up Berniers cuz it aint better. Give me the guy who wins more games over the guy who's around 500 with a better sv% in more games.

dballislife2

Jul 7, 2011
refs killed any momentum team was trying to build, called every little thing tonight

almost every team we played has worked harder than us this year

how d f we manage to give bernier 30-40 shots a game

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Most annoying loss of the season by far. The refs well and truly sucked this game.

A lot of guys really had dumb moments here. Clarkson was fine though, brought a lot of energy and a good cycle game.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I don't care if I get flamed for this but the refs were the reason we lost. Yeah, we didn't play great but how were we supposed to? Whenever we gained some momentum, a penalty was called against us. Not to mention the amount of diving Columbus did and the amount of no calls for them.

This this and this. Every ****ing time we started playing, we got a call. it's ********.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
We just lost to one of the worst organizations in the world of hockey, but only by intention. Carlyle didn't want to win this game, as he knows that all 82 games cannot be won. Ever.

So he decided to rest his toppers and floppers. Sitting Phil etc lupuls etc. Tomorrow is a differento game. It can be won, or lost. It doesn't matter ether because we have won almost every game this season. Even without our key players who have been injured. We are that great and will be the hardest team in the league when the regular season ends. Then all those fights etc are happening again. Hitting and all. It feels good.

Please stop

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto

I won't even bother to put up Berniers cuz it aint better. Give me the guy who wins more games over the guy who's around 500 with a better sv% in more games.

Reimer would have been 2-1 if it wasn't for Beriner.

And obviously Bernier is number one judging by how many games he has played so far.

bobbyt911

If you don't want to get called for a tripping penalty, maybe dont one hand swing your stick at someones skates from behind????

Do not blame the refs folks. Every call was deserved.

I dunno man that call was B.S, most of the other calls against the Leafs were correct but it was the missed calls against the Jackets that ticked me off. Especially the one on Kadri near the end of the 3rd.

But the team played really bad!! their bread and butter is a quick hard skating team and they just weren't skating and the lack of second effort in lost battles was glaring.

1 other thing I have noticed over the years is that in games when a team(particularly Leafs) gets a significant roster player back after a lengthy injury or suspension they loose that game.

glg51*

You're very short sighted. He has star potential so we'll play him.

Ps he hasn't played that bad especially for a 19 year old

He was terrible tonight. I counted 6 giveaways which 3 were absolutely brutal leading to great scoring chances.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I'd welcome Quinn back instantly with a more defensive minded approach. We're starting to turn into a Wilson team again

With a only a few exceptions, we have pretty much been a Wilson style team all along.

I expected a better team defensively with Carlyle. Maybe he is not the answer with the talent base we have.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton

Win-losses is a team stat...

Asif16*

Did carlyle condone players from fighting? Why arent we fighting anymore. Pisses me off

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
He was terrible tonight. I counted 6 giveaways which 3 were absolutely brutal leading to great scoring chances.

So 1 game equals 75 percent?

It's 1 game dude, everyone has bad games. I'd rather play him and develop him

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
Leafs definitely wont make the playoffs if they keep playing like this. I thought they may have turned a corner after that Ducks game, but I guess not.

I wonder how bad the Penguins will out-shoot the Leafs tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->