This isn't over

Status
Not open for further replies.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Balej20 said:
I just heard from an unnamed, unknown, uninformed source on the side of the players that the SEASON IS BACK ON!!! I was just told right now, he called me and told me a deal has been agreed to and it will be annoucned tomorrow.

.....Lets see EJ Hrjadek take this rumor and run wild with it...
That'd be funny if by some stroke you were right, and the sarcams wasnt detected... you'd be poster of the year and supplant Eklund in popularity

Balej20*

futurcorerock said:
That'd be funny if by some stroke you were right, and the sarcams wasnt detected... you'd be poster of the year and supplant Eklund in popularity

who said i was being sarcastic???

Icey

Jan 23, 2005
DownFromNJ said:
From pieces together what I've gathered from all the various media outlets, we're talking about a 2.5 million dollar difference here.

Here are the facts:

1) NHL wants 42.5 million. A good sized group of owners are willing to go higher.
2) NHLPA wants 45 million. A good sized group of players are willing to go lower.

I think the NHLPA is waiting for the NHL to cave in to their 45 million dollar offer. The NHL broke off from the meeting and said those harsh comments today to force the NHLPA to cave.

It's all posturing. I don't think they will walk away this weekend without "uncanceling" the season.

Here is the problem.. neither side has proposed the 45M offer. They both say they would seriously consider $45M if it was offered, but so far it hasn't been put on the table. Both are waiting for the other side to propose the offer and when they don't they just say "I though (fill in name) was going to propose a $45M." But so far neither has.

Seems like both sides are lacking some serious BRAINS here.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think the problem lies within the arbitrtion system, something that they were never on the same page on, and I think has become a bigger problem than the actual cap itself. The PA can say that they're still after a cap at 49 but we all know that number is coming down to at least 45, but I think based on whatever happens with arbitration is where the cap would be set, I predict it will be more owner-friendly which is why I think the owners will eventually come off of their $42.5 and come up to $45, and if not the big money owners who make all the money for the league starts to get involved.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Lady Rhian said:
According to him, in Germany today, they announced that players were leaving to get ready to play in the NHL. :lol Man, he needs to give it a rest. I need to stop reading his blog, for that matter. :joker:

I admit I keep reading it. I don't put any stock into it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad