This isn't over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
futurcorerock said:
As before, it's a good sign that something is going on. When there was nothing going on, Saskin, Daly and everyone in between were shooting their mouths off and making everyone sad.
Don't do that man, it's not cool. Everybody has had a very bad and emotional rollercoaster of a week and when I read that my heart jumped a little till I realize you based it on absolutely nothing, then I was pissed and depressed even more if that's even possible.

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
Lou is God said:
Don't do that man, it's not cool. Everybody has had a very bad and emotional rollercoaster of a week and when I read that my heart jumped a little till I realize you based it on absolutely nothing, then I was pissed and depressed even more if that's even possible.

I wouldn't doubt the players are up to something, but I doubt anything will come of it... I wish the fans had more of a say in this negotiating process somehow...

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
bcrt2000 said:
I wouldn't doubt the players are up to something, but I doubt anything will come of it... I wish the fans had more of a say in this negotiating process somehow...
You might be right, but you don't make it sound like there is something going on based on a hunch.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Lou is God said:
Its a valid point - not my fault everyone got off to the proverbial ***** of the prospect of a 04-05 season.

NewBreed19

futurcorerock said:
Its a valid point - not my fault everyone got off to the proverbial ***** of the prospect of a 04-05 season.
Let it go! You seem to be grasping at straws. It's o.k to want the NHL to return, but it clearly isn't going to happen. Even if they struck a deal on Monday, they would need time to get the players ready and in game shape with a mini camp. They would need to play the regular season in march and april , just to make the season legit. This is very unlikley; it's over...... stop dreaming. :banghead:

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
NewBreed19 said:
Let it go! You seem to be grasping at straws. It's o.k to want the NHL to return, but it clearly isn't going to happen. Even if they struck a deal on Monday, they would need time to get the players ready and in game shape with a mini camp. They would need to play the regular season in march and april , just to make the season legit. This is very unlikley; it's over...... stop dreaming. :banghead:
Does it make you feel better to discourage the optimists?

I hope it does, its the same tone that says "no NHL!"

I simply think things dont add up to what happened yesterday.

NewBreed19

futurcorerock said:

I'am just realizing the facts, which you don't seem to be doing. You are promoting false hope and you want to help us believe that there is some form of a season; the season is dead. There is no more time.......... :D

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
NewBreed19 said:
I'am just realizing the facts, which you don't seem to be doing. You are promoting false hope and you want to help us believe that there is some form of a season; the season is dead. There is no more time.......... :D
You're basing your facts on the same media that lied to you friday night.

Uh huh?

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
futurcorerock said:

I feel the same way. Especially how there's been nothing in the news today. You would think some owners, players, whoever would be vocal today. Skepticism is now the way to go.

NewBreed19

futurcorerock said:
You're basing your facts on the same media that lied to you friday night.

Uh huh?
You are so wrong! How many times does the league need to cancell before it reaches your thick skull!! :shakehead

Figaro95*

NHL IS DONE!!!! ItS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FACE IT.........owners are going to want 30 mil cap with linkage and the players are goin to go back to the luxary tax and no accept a cap nemore....Give it 4 years and maybe goodenow or betmann will be dead

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
Guys, I hate to do this, because I am effectively doing what other people are doing in this thread, but don't hate on other peoples posts. You can disagree with optimists, but please, be civil.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
go_leafs_go02 said:
look at Sir Eklund's consipracy theory now. :joker:

I'm highly skeptical of it, but I do have more respect for the guy now, than i did before.

According to him, in Germany today, they announced that players were leaving to get ready to play in the NHL. :lol Man, he needs to give it a rest. I need to stop reading his blog, for that matter. :joker:

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Bruins4419 said:
I feel the same way. Especially how there's been nothing in the news today. You would think some owners, players, whoever would be vocal today. Skepticism is now the way to go.

Hun, the Kool Aid pitcher is empty, and won't be refilled. We have to face it, it's over and done now. Much as I would love to think a season to be played is in the cards, the deck has all jokers in it, and that is the card of us fans believing something will get done in time for this year.

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
Lady Rhian said:
Hun, the Kool Aid pitcher is empty, and won't be refilled. We have to face it, it's over and done now. Much as I would love to think a season to be played is in the cards, the deck has all jokers in it, and that is the card of us fans believing something will get done in time for this year.

I think most people who are optimistic, including myself, have not necessarily given up hope on this season, but are focusing on getting a deal done now, because if it isn't done within the next 2-3 weeks the NHL is going to try to break the union or the union will have to cave in.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Lady Rhian said:
According to him, in Germany today, they announced that players were leaving to get ready to play in the NHL. :lol Man, he needs to give it a rest. I need to stop reading his blog, for that matter. :joker:

LR, I agree this season is over and done with, but *he* didnt say that about the guys in Germany, he quoted a media outlet that reported it. That is a pretty odd thing to make up......although I assume it is posisble.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Bruwinz37 said:
LR, I agree this season is over and done with, but *he* didnt say that about the guys in Germany, he quoted a media outlet that reported it. That is a pretty odd thing to make up......although I assume it is posisble.

I'll have to do some digging, and see if I can find any links. Of course, if this leaks out to ESPN, you just know "Season's On" will be news at 11:00 pm. :lol:

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
Lady Rhian said:
bcrt2000 summed it up quite nicely. It's vital for the NHL/NHLPA to keep negotiating in the next few weeks because there won't be any urgency to in the summer. They're probably procrastinators. (I know I am.) If there isn't a CBA by August, chances of training camps opening with NHLers would probably be slim.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
bcrt2000 said:
Guys, I hate to do this, because I am effectively doing what other people are doing in this thread, but don't hate on other peoples posts. You can disagree with optimists, but please, be civil.
I think bashing on optimisits is how the pessimists cope with their fear of there being no season. Why have some people happy when everyone can be all sad.

Get a life guys... there's enough reason to doubt the media on this and think somethings going on

Balej20*

I just heard from an unnamed, unknown, uninformed source on the side of the players that the SEASON IS BACK ON!!! I was just told right now, he called me and told me a deal has been agreed to and it will be annoucned tomorrow.

.....Lets see EJ Hrjadek take this rumor and run wild with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad