This Is The Year Thread (Where GIFs Speak Louder Than Words!)

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
I think we should have one. I mean with all these hopes, excitement and expectations.
Amirite?
6_minuutin_paasta_hyppaa.gif

Just a nice warm old-fashioned thread to bump during the playoffs.
kzDCAj4.gif

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I think the Blues would have won last year if not for the injures at the end of the season.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
To keep this board in a positive mood, I move that we sticky this thread and make it a gif only thread.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
It's hard to curb my enthusiasm, this year's roster is so much better then last years.

My enthusiasm is nearly beyond containment as well, in particular after this winning streak of a pre-season.

I think it's pretty much a guarantee...the Blues are going all the way this year.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness

:laugh:

Did you get that from the official web site of the Chicago Cubs or something?

As an outsider, there is no jinx in telling you guys that if your goalies can manage to be solid and consistent (no heroics required), there is enough depth, skill, and size on your roster from top to bottom, to beat anyone in a 7 game series. Your GM took a shot with Miller, but he has a bad history with these sorts of things, so I wasn't shocked he had some bad games in the playoffs.

Who knows who will be hanging around next deadline (maybe Marc Andre Fleury -- let the "Fleury for Tarasenko" rumors begin! :laugh: ) if you need another G, but I like your chances if your team is healthy. If Allen steps up (not sure what his status is but he seemed to be a gamer for a while there), that would be huge.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
:laugh:

Did you get that from the official web site of the Chicago Cubs or something?

As an outsider, there is no jinx in telling you guys that if your goalies can manage to be solid and consistent (no heroics required), there is enough depth, skill, and size on your roster from top to bottom, to beat anyone in a 7 game series. Your GM took a shot with Miller, but he has a bad history with these sorts of things, so I wasn't shocked he had some bad games in the playoffs.

Who knows who will be hanging around next deadline if you need another G but I like your chances if your team is healthy.

I actually agree to be honest. Top to bottom this is the deepest Blues team we've iced since the lockout. Easily.

I commented on how the goalies only needed to be consistent like Halak and Elliott were during their Jennings year. Allen is easily just as good as Halak is, and Elliott only needs to keep doing what he's been doing. So in that regard, the goaltending is fine.

The big problem this team could have is Hitch. I worry about our physical play (other teams taking runs at us and doing nothing back, which I believe Hitch instructs his team to not respond) and our power play (playing grinders or just not playing our best offensive weapons on our pp units, which you can point at Hitch for quite easily).

For me, this season is on Hitch and Hitch alone. No reason we can't go far with this assembly of talent, it's on him to bring it all together.

Last edited:

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I think the Blues are going to start slow this year, look like a pretty average team for a couple months, and the rest of HF is going to let us know how they lack any elite players, need a true scoring threat, have sub-par goaltenders, and that Hitchcock is past his expiration date.

And in the 2nd half of the season the team is going to go on a mission to be ready for the post-season.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
I think the Blues are going to start slow this year, look like a pretty average team for a couple months, and the rest of HF is going to let us know how they lack any elite players, need a true scoring threat, have sub-par goaltenders, and that Hitchcock is past his expiration date.

And in the 2nd half of the season the team is going to go on a mission to be ready for the post-season.

kings style?

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO

I'd be fine with this.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I think our team looks great on paper but yeah I'm not gonna expect anything. I just can't, as it would only end in disappointment.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I don't care if the Blues finish with 95 points or 125. All about what they do in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad