this is the pgt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Why are you some afraid of the Habs getting tough? I prefer hockey when it's as far as ballet as possible.

I don't have any problem with the Habs getting tough, I just find the insecurity among fans ridiculous. Do you really think replacing Moen with a guy who fights more and Gionta with Ryan Clowe was going to keep Price and Budaj from ****ing the bed?

The game was over before toughness became an issue. Would I have loved someone to teach Kadri a lesson? Yes, I would have, but I say that as a fan. The Habs had nothing to gain, the game was a lost cause and it really wasn't that important of a game to begin with.

And please don't give me a ridiculous strawman about ballet. Even the soft players in the NHL are tougher than anyone who posts on this forum. Well, maybe not Kaberle...

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I don't have any problem with the Habs getting tough, I just find the insecurity among fans ridiculous. Do you really think replacing Moen with a guy who fights more and Gionta with Ryan Clowe was going to keep Price and Budaj from ****ing the bed?

The game was over before toughness became an issue. Would I have loved someone to teach Kadri a lesson? Yes, I would have, but I say that as a fan. The Habs had nothing to gain, the game was a lost cause and it really wasn't that important of a game to begin with.

And please don't give me a ridiculous strawman about ballet. Even the soft players in the NHL are tougher than anyone who posts on this forum. Well, maybe not Kaberle...

haha! even him, he'd surprise a few posters in here I think. :nod:

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I see your three-lucky-bounces-by-Philly and raise you four-goals-in-five-shots. We went from unlucky in Philadelphia to poltergeists in Toronto. We were outshooting and outplaying Toronto last night, but we were doing it while playing with an empty net. Think about that: We could have pulled our friggin goalie and had practically the exact same outcome! No wonder our skaters lost their cool and their system and were easy to contain - the game was over before they had a chance to play it.

But yes, I agree with you about Emelin's importance. We really, REALLY need a bigger, more physical presence on our D.

You said it yourself, we were ghosts in Toronto. Yeah, we kept attacking, but could we score? No, not even good chances. You can say that the players stopped trying after down 3-0 (although did you see them react after Drew's goal? Seemed pretty happy, not just cuz it was DD44's first), even 4-1, but I don't think for a second that they stopped trying to score, and they couldn't. Not the first time this has happened against toronto. I guess my point is that we did play a whole other 50 mins trying to get back into it (it was far from over at 3-0) and the leafs waltzed into our zone, shot (if you can call it that) from the blueline and made it 4-1. We then started to pinch heavily (anyone remember a single good odd man rush from us?) and THEY benefitted from it with JVR to Kessel.

We need to be able to score like that and there are a couple of guys that need to play a hell of a lot better to make that happen. MT also has to learn to adjust in game. Didn't see him talking to the players, only Gallant.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I see your three-lucky-bounces-by-Philly and raise you four-goals-in-five-shots. We went from unlucky in Philadelphia to poltergeists in Toronto. We were outshooting and outplaying Toronto last night, but we were doing it while playing with an empty net. Think about that: We could have pulled our friggin goalie and had practically the exact same outcome! No wonder our skaters lost their cool and their system and were easy to contain - the game was over before they had a chance to play it.

But yes, I agree with you about Emelin's importance. We really, REALLY need a bigger, more physical presence on our D.

Too be fair, I think this 'carrying' the play talk is a bit overblown.

Teams with big leads tend to sit back, how many difficult saves did the Reimer really have to make? I think T$N gave the favor in scoring chances to the Leafs, 15 to 5, despite the shot total...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Too be fair, I think this 'carrying' the play talk is a bit overblown.

Teams with big leads tend to sit back, how many difficult saves did the Reimer really have to make? I think T$N gave the favor in scoring chances to the Leafs, 15 to 5, despite the shot total...

The Leafs were up 4-1 despite having only 1 scoring chance.
That makes the game a whole lot easier.
All you gotta do after is focus on the defense, play a tight and pressured style in your zone keeping the opposition on the perimeter blocking the middle, and capitalize whenever the opponents take risks.

We didn't play any inspired hockey. The opposite of what happened versus Boston.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

Having a more intimidating fourth line against the Leafs would have helped, yea. Flyers went to the Stanley Cup finals with two bad goalies cause they had desire, guts, skills and grit.

What makes me the most mad is that the team doesn't get more mad when we lose or when our players get flattered on the boards like Gallagher get sometime.

Well some of us have played hockey or still play hockey and we've faced situations where we were in front of a more intimidating oppositions. The physical element in a game is not fairy tales. Personaly when I played I enjoyed getting physical, I was a heart & soul type player so I cannot comprehend someone like Moen at all.

con310*

Not sure why you keep repeating the same thing after you've been proved wrong - three times. I'll share a strategy with you: Typing the words, "The sky is green", does not make it so, no matter how many times you repeat it.

I've answered you politely thus far because you're obviously a young guy looking for validation for your team. But I expect you to make an actual point, rather than be a character in Monty Python's Argument Clinic (ask your parents).

I'm not repeating the same thing simply stating the truth. Not only did i prove you wrong, You even admitted it.

If you read my posts I already made several points, you on the other hand have not but continue on being wrong, you seem to be good at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad