OT 19/3: This is the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Hmm. One Punch Man seems to have the most buzz behind it, and it looks really funny. Nothing else really calls to me yet from their descriptions. I haven't watched anything yet though. There's a new Gundam, hopefully that's good.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Hmm. One Punch Man seems to have the most buzz behind it, and it looks really funny. Nothing else really calls to me yet from their descriptions. I haven't watched anything yet though. There's a new Gundam, hopefully that's good.

The new Gundam was alright(been a fan of that since Wing was first shown on Toonami) but it looks a little too...cartoony. I prefer that show when it's as close to realistic as it can get.

The new Noragami started off good, if you were interested in the first series. If you want something a little more colorful and random Concrete Revolutio is had a strong first episode

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I tried it way back when it was in beta. Had some good ideas, but no friends wanted to play it with me so I never played it more. I heard the servers are crazy full and laggy ever since it went free to play.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
GAAAAH

Hockeystreams down...

How do I watch my precious hockey? :cry:

Costs like $35 bucks to get it here locally and then I don't get our own commentators but instead some budget Swedish commentators.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Just saw Concrete Revolutio. That was confusing as well with the way the plot jumped around. Hopefully subsequent episodes fill in the blanks. Love the style of it though.

Heavy Object was way more pervy than I expected. Interesting take on mecha though, but I wonder how deep it'll be in the end.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
So I got some ghost pepper BBQ sauce at this local BBQ joint. Tried it in small doses and thought it was good and could handle the heat.

Tried a hefty amount on a sandwich just now.

If I don't post again, you'll at least know how I died.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
So I got some ghost pepper BBQ sauce at this local BBQ joint. Tried it in small doses and thought it was good and could handle the heat.

Tried a hefty amount on a sandwich just now.

If I don't post again, you'll at least know how I died.

I expect better from the Macho Man

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Floorball season started, so fun to play!

2006_1_floorball1.jpg

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Note to Americans for next year: Elections are way more entertaining when you allow yourself to become blissfully uninformed. What's happening in Canada right now is hilarious to me. Mostly because I have no idea what the issues are anymore and have no vested interest.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Note to Americans for next year: Elections are way more entertaining when you allow yourself to become blissfully uninformed. What's happening in Canada right now is hilarious to me. Mostly because I have no idea what the issues are anymore and have no vested interest.

John Oliver had a great bit about it last night. Here's a link.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL

It's to the point in America where it really doesn't matter who wins the presidency. They are going to sacrifice the greater good for their own agenda. I find it so funny to watch all these people analyze political races and the population intently following the candidates and issues and elections when I know it won't make a damn bit of difference.

It's all the same.
>Obama makes a bunch of promises
>He wins election
>Nobody is happy with his term and everyone denies voting for him
>Obama makes a bunch more promises
>He wins re-election

Rinse, replace Obama with X, Repeat.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's to the point in America where it really doesn't matter who wins the presidency. They are going to sacrifice the greater good for their own agenda. I find it so funny to watch all these people analyze political races and the population intently following the candidates and issues and elections when I know it won't make a damn bit of difference.

It's all the same.
>Obama makes a bunch of promises
>He wins election
>Obama makes a bunch more promises
>He wins re-election

Rinse, replace Obama with X, Repeat.

This is basically why I've become willfully uninformed. Following politics, or more specifically the way politics are covered in the media, basically turning it into a sport all about manipulation, made me lose faith in humanity as a whole. Now at least they're good for entertainment.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
I'm very proud of Canada tonight. The greater good did themselves a solid tonight. Take notes, Americans.

--

As for that discussion you two are having - watching Jon Stewart the last several years is what chiefly fueled my interest in politics. Mainly, seeing Jon eviscerate the nonsense perpetuated by politicians and the media alike. And, of course, Jon has left his seat now, so that source of evisceration has disappeared for me, and I'm sad now. If I wasn't someone who was a slave to their political beliefs (wrong descriptor word? Probably), I would be so far on the Trump wagon because the entertainment value behind a Donald Trump-led United States would be too great to be believed. I mean, either way, I would have to flee the country before he took office, but it would still be hilarious all the same for me, and I could appreciate that.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Deadwood may be the greatest show ever made. I swear, Al Swearengen makes cursing an artform in that show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad