This is our year

SteenMachine

Oct 19, 2008
Fenton, MO
Lol, Niemi hasn't been a threat since he left Chicago? Did you even watch the Sharks this past season? He had a great year, and frankly he looks even better than he did on the Blackhawks. The reason they are declining is not because of Niemi...

My point regarding MAF is he was a good goalie with a lot of potential, and Pittsburgh saw that version of him when they didn't lay him out to dry like they have recently. Elliott is not as good as him.

Your 2nd paragraph on Halak makes me think you've never seen me post anything about him. I am not a Halak fan but he is more of a #1 and more capable of carrying a team in the playoffs. Don't even like the guy but I can admit that. You're still fooling yourself if you think Elliott can carry a team through the playoffs. What has he done that makes you think he can? Yeah he played decently against LA...But not good enough to win (I already know it wasn't all his fault but the Kings obviously have a huge advantage by having a true stud in net).

Keep throwing out these examples of goalies you don't like because the bottom line is they are still better than Elliott.

He hasn't been a threat, he looked weak in the playoffs, I don't care about goalies doing well in the regular season, and you seem to act as if it's the same. He's been just as strong for them as Nabakov and just as timid in the post season. He's stuck behind a team that tries to outscore top players instead of contain them and that can do some real damage in the regular season but contenders are going to do both.

The Blackhawks slid when Keith and Seabrook did and rebounded just the same, it wasn't some developmental hurdle that made Crawford a winner; it wasn't them figuring out Kane was still better as a winger. It was being able to lock down top offensive players and PP's long enough for their best players to capitalize on mistakes or execute on a good scoring chance. Some team's get lucky and can just watch a goalie do that by himself, but those goalies don't win either.

The best goalies in the league aren't winning nearly as many championships as the best goalies in their peak season. There's a ton of goalies out there who have an NHL career because they put up a 1-and-done season, and the Blues have two guys who either already did as close to that as they can or still have a shot at being that player. Obviously they're not going to surpass anyone's career success, but neither of them is so much more prepared to carry the team.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
I'm so ready for the season to start.. Tired of speculating and predicting.... I just want to watch how it plays out now.

I can't wait for the speculation during the season. Sure the predicting and such is fun, but I'm looking forward to analyzing the team, looking at potential additions, and maybe seeing a couple playoff GDT threads.

It gets 10x more fun when the season starts and the speculation becomes reality.

Thekidline

Aug 9, 2010
Saint Louis Mo
I can't wait for the speculation during the season. Sure the predicting and such is fun, but I'm looking forward to analyzing the team, looking at potential additions, and maybe seeing a couple playoff GDT threads.

It gets 10x more fun when the season starts and the speculation becomes reality.

Exactly, the offseason is fun during the draft and during the busiest parts of the FA market. But besides that its just a long wait for the season to start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad