This is our year

Edgar

Dec 29, 2009
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/blues-win-stanley-cup-in-nhl-14-video-simulation-1.1869107

It could be a season to remember for the St. Louis Blues, according to a video game simulation of the 2013-14 NHL campaign.

The EA Sports NHL 14 simulation had the Blues winning their first ever Stanley Cup by dispatching the Pittsburgh Penguins four games to two in the final.

Defenceman Alex Pietrangelo won the Conn Smythe Trophy.

It's official according to the biggest news network in Canada, St. Louis will win the Stanley Cup this year

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
**** Now we won't even make the playoffs... I wonder, Do they have any precedence in these simulations of the champion actually panning out?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
****. Now we won't even make the playoffs... I wonder, Do they have any precedence in these simulations of the champion actually panning out?

Their playoff simulations are usually dead on, as weird as it is to say. I have no idea about the full season ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

intangible

Apr 28, 2010
Just goes to show how dumb EASports has gotten. They haven't put out a good NHL game since 2001 or so.

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
Just goes to show how dumb EASports has gotten. They haven't put out a good NHL game since 2001 or so.

you think its dumb to say we could win it all this year? just curious...

And I have to disagree with your 2nd sentence, they improved the game alot and there were really good games since 2001 (or so)!

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
I think the Blues get picked for this every year going to back to the first time they started allowing season simulation.

At this point I am beginning to believe the programmer in charge of this has the last name of Buccigross.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
So what you guys are saying is we actually HAVE won cups in the past. We need to start using this to our advantage. NHL14 is more important than real life.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I think it's safe to say that St Louis is among the teams one would call a contender (along with Chicago, LA, Pittsburgh, Wsh, Phi, NYR). But there's a long long road to the finals...

Edgar

Dec 29, 2009
I think it's safe to say that St Louis is among the teams one would call a contender (along with Chicago, LA, Pittsburgh, Wsh, Phi, NYR). But there's a long long road to the finals...

psh, not anymore. Just push sim and wait about 14 minutes to see who gets lord Stanley. There's even enough time in there for a quick ****:naughty:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The blues are certainly cup contenders. But i wouldn't use nhl 14 as evidence that they are going to win the cup next year.

Anyways good luck this season. Your one of my picks to win the stanley cup this season.

Last edited:

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
the ea predictions have actually been relatively accurate. 6 of the 7 projected winners have made it past the first round and 3 of the 7 have made it to the stanley cup finals (the only spot on prediction was the hawks winning the cup in 2010). I would say this is as good as any other news source

07 - Senators (finals)
08 - Sharks
09 - Bruins
10 - Hawks (won)
11 - Canucks (finals)
12 - Penguins (lost to philly in first round)
13 - Rangers

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
the ea predictions have actually been relatively accurate. 6 of the 7 projected winners have made it past the first round and 3 of the 7 have made it to the stanley cup finals (the only spot on prediction was the hawks winning the cup in 2010). I would say this is as good as any other news source

07 - Senators (finals)
08 - Sharks
09 - Bruins
10 - Hawks (won)
11 - Canucks (finals)
12 - Penguins (lost to philly in first round)
13 - Rangers

But does the ea predictions take into account factors such as injuries? Chemistry with players can also have an effect on whether a team wins or loses. Even the coaching style can have an effect on whether a team wins or not. All i am saying is that you really cannot put faith into these simulations even though it got lucky 3 out of 7 times on predicting the stanley cup champions.

In addition, ea should run the simulation a couple more times and see if they similar same results over and over again. If they don't, then that just proves how bogus the simulation really is.

Last edited:

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
But does the ea predictions take into account factors such as injuries? Chemistry with players can also have an effect on whether a team wins or loses. Even the coaching style can have an effect on whether a team wins or not. All i am saying is that you really cannot put faith into these simulations even though it got lucky 3 out of 7 times on predicting the stanley cup champions.

In addition, ea should run the simulation a couple more times and see if they similar same results over and over again. If they don't, then that just proves how bogus the simulation really is.
Great points, EA simulation is obviously in a vacuum (which excludes injuries and chemistry and the things that make sports interesting and, ultimately, worth following). It'll get scary when technology becomes more insane than it already is, and virtual reality becomes a legitimate force. I was just mapping out the history of these projections to show that they are just as credible as ESPN, TSN, wahtever, if not more credible

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Great points, EA simulation is obviously in a vacuum (which excludes injuries and chemistry and the things that make sports interesting and, ultimately, worth following). It'll get scary when technology becomes more insane than it already is, and virtual reality becomes a legitimate force. I was just mapping out the history of these projections to show that they are just as credible as ESPN, TSN, wahtever, if not more credible

How does ea do the simulation exactly? Do they just go into season mode and just sim an entire season?

Last edited:

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
If you think about it, this year is really our best chance to win a Cup. This year, due to the cap coming down, we're on a level playing field with other teams. In future years, the cap is certain to keep going up, and just like years prior, we won't be able to keep up.

Framing the season in this way, all of these roster moves start to make sense.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Right back at you, as our your Senators. I'm picking them to come out of the East this season.

Thanks. But i have a real good feeling on my st. louis blues pick for the stanley cup champions. They have incredible defense and great forwards. The only question mark is on their goaltending, but if chicago can win a stanley cup with crawford, then the blues can most definitely win a cup with elliot/halak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad