This is one of the worst calls I've ever seen...

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
1st base ump clearly wasn't paying any attention.

Why are we bailing out the home plate ump? the appeal clearly wasn't even necessary, should never have been an appeal in the first place.

Twitter comments say both umps were suspended....maybe they were trying to fix the game?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Why are we bailing out the home plate ump? the appeal clearly wasn't even necessary, should never have been an appeal in the first place.

Twitter comments say both umps were suspended....maybe they were trying to fix the game?

There's always a chance for home plate ump to miss it. His view could've been obstructed by the catcher, distracted by the pitch itself (umps put a lot of faith in catcher catching it). No reason for 1st base up to miss it especially since there was no runner on 1st base (1st baseman is on the bag or next to it when there's a runner).

I doubt they were trying to fix the game.

Reactions: Clowe Me

Say Hey Kid

The best all around player ever
Dec 10, 2007
This is why we need umps. Without them balls and strikes calls would be as exciting as tennis letting machines call serves in or out.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I would have pulled my team off the field and called into question if game was fixed after that call and refused to take field if those umps were still calling game

Media and fans would have sided 100% with me after seeing this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->