This is one of the best Art Ross/Rocket Richard races in a long time

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
Laine would have, and will win the Rocket consistently if/when he figures out how to be a better ES goal scorer. 24 just isn’t enough. You need to hit the high 20s at least. Even Ovechkin who relys on his patented PP one timer, potted 30 ES goals this year.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
McDavid - 106
Kucherov - 98
Giroux - 98
Malkin - 97
MacKinnon - 95

Ovechkin - 47
Laine - 44
Karlsson - 43
Malkin - 42
McDavid - 41
Staal - 41
Seguin - 40

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Pens and Flyers still playing for positioning so I see Malkin and Giroux playing in the last game. Malkin gets the Sens and Giroux gets the Rangers.

Pens and Flyers are at home.

I predict that they both hit 100 points.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Pretty much confirmed: McDavid gets the Art Ross and Ovi gets the Rocket. :)

No way, Laine can get a hat trick easily. Who knows if Ovechkin even plays.

106 eh? Not bad.

The 100 points last season was more impressive if you ask me. Winning by 11 points while playing meaningful games every night and beating prime Crosby and Kane.

Back to back Ross trophies though, not too shabby. :clap:

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
No way, Laine can get a hat trick easily. Who knows if Ovechkin even plays.

The 100 points last season was more impressive if you ask me. Winning by 11 points while playing meaningful games every night and beating prime Crosby and Kane.

Back to back Ross trophies though, not too shabby. :clap:

Crosby was on pace for 97 though and had 14 more goals in 7 less games. This season to me is more impressive, especially since he has had less help from his team and his ES dominance has been outstanding.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Crosby was on pace for 97 though and had 14 more goals in 7 less games. This season to me is more impressive, especially since he has had less help from his team and his ES dominance has been outstanding.

I see your point. But RNH and Draistl are not exactly garbage linemates, now Lucic on the other hand......

I will say I wasn't expecting the 40+ goals this early in his career. I went from thinking he would never score 50 to thinking he will top that number more than once.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I see your point. But RNH and Draistl are not exactly garbage linemates, now Lucic on the other hand......

I will say I wasn't expecting the 40+ goals this early in his career. I went from thinking he would never score 50 to thinking he will top that number more than once.

He played way more with Draisaitl last season and Draisaitl also produced more. This season two of his best defensemen have been injured too, he had possibly the worst support from the back end and on the powerplay in the NHL. I could not imagine what he would do with a team who has defensemen who could get him the puck in transition a lot more often. He has too many shifts that go wasted IMO due to the team around him, it's unreal how he still manages to generate as much offense as he does.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

snag

Feb 22, 2014

Nuge was out for two months this year so what does that say.....

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Laine would have, and will win the Rocket consistently if/when he figures out how to be a better ES goal scorer. 24 just isn’t enough. You need to hit the high 20s at least. Even Ovechkin who relys on his patented PP one timer, potted 30 ES goals this year.

It'll come.when his minutes goes up

3-4minutes a game a full 82 games.

That's roughly 15 to 18 games more worth of iced time.

Im surprised he got to 44.
I was expect 36-40 goals only.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
It'll come.when his minutes goes up

3-4minutes a game a full 82 games.

That's roughly 15 to 18 games more worth of iced time.

Im surprised he got to 44.
I was expect 36-40 goals only.
Yeah for sure.

But as Maurice said, Laine will eventually be ready to play the big minutes against top competition. There's a reason why he's not playing those minutes yet.

I don't like scaling produciton with minutes linearily.

Reactions: Jetsfareast

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Yeah for sure.

But as Maurice said, Laine will eventually be ready to play the big minutes against top competition. There's a reason why he's not playing those minutes yet.

I don't like scaling produciton with minutes linearily.

It doesnt work for most players true.
But special players with more minutes. It will add up.

Right now its Wheelers team and deservingly so. He is the top dog by far.
Most team Laine is 1st line rw.
But having him and Wheeler with the Jets i dont trade that with any other team.

Thats crazy 1 2 punch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->