OT: The thread formerly known as Mousecop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I’d like to go electric with my next one. I was on the Tesla mailing list before they released the initial roadster and for a time when the waiting list for the S. Infrastructure improves to recharging will make the shift faster. That is going to require something like a federal shift in vehicle procurement and industry endorsement to happen. Or Big Oil seeing money in that part of automotive power and doing to for themselves .... but it had to fill their coffers to happen.

In other news, I just rolled over 6,000 miles in my Subaru and I still love the hell out of it.

In other other news....

My daughter went off about the ex’s new beau being at our apartment too, and told me that she’s now wondering what else my ex is lying to her about. I said nothing. I did tell my ex that she had shit to clean up with her kids since she told both of them that he would not be in the family shared spaces, just like she had promised me. We will see how she tries to spin this. I may be making a lot of popcorn to watch this unfold. I will not be interceding on my ex’s behalf not will I be adding to the kid’s knowledge base.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I’d like to go electric with my next one. I was on the Tesla mailing list before they released the initial roadster and for a time when the waiting list for the S. Infrastructure improves to recharging will make the shift faster. That is going to require something like a federal shift in vehicle procurement and industry endorsement to happen. Or Big Oil seeing money in that part of automotive power and doing to for themselves .... but it had to fill their coffers to happen.

In other news, I just rolled over 6,000 miles in my Subaru and I still love the hell out of it.

I think we're a generation or two of cars/batteries away from full electrification.

Until there are high speed chargers (200 kWH+) (Introducing V3 Supercharging) available at nearly every exit in the US, people likely won't switch to a pure electric for two car households.

Charging on long trips, while do-able in a Tesla, is pretty much impossible on slower L2 chargers. The common chargepoint chargers run at something awful like 6.6 kWH. And even at Tesla Superchargers, most only run at "peak" speed for the 1st half of charging then slow down. My experience has been the last 20% takes as much as the 1st 80%. So my 325 Mile range Model 3 will only practically be 260 as you won't want to wait the extra 30-40 minutes to get that last 20%, and less than that because I have a lead foot. Day to Day use, charging at home is fine if you have a High Amp circuit in your garage.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
@Chainshot - is there anything codified in your agreements? It would not be inappropriate to do so given it would be in the best interests of the kids, for which the courts would advocate.

I’m actually planning on reviewing our court approved parenting plan tonight as a break from the rest of the school work that I’m doing. I’m so pleased that for the fifth out of five semesters at the school she’s creating extra drama at the end of my semester. So supportive… LOL

We have a lot drawn up regarding timetables and cost divisions, joint approval of various decisions including recreation and health. I don’t think I have a line item in there about the use of our currently shared space. Just that the duration will be until June

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think we're a generation or two of cars/batteries away from full electrification.

Until there are high speed chargers (200 kWH+) (Introducing V3 Supercharging) available at nearly every exit in the US, people likely won't switch to a pure electric for two car households.

Charging on long trips, while do-able in a Tesla, is pretty much impossible on slower L2 chargers. The common chargepoint chargers run at something awful like 6.6 kWH. And even at Tesla Superchargers, most only run at "peak" speed for the 1st half of charging then slow down. My experience has been the last 20% takes as much as the 1st 80%. So my 325 Mile range Model 3 will only practically be 260 as you won't want to wait the extra 30-40 minutes to get that last 20%, and less than that because I have a lead foot. Day to Day use, charging at home is fine if you have a High Amp circuit in your garage.

I’m actually looking at, again, PV panels and a passive geothermal heating and cooling system for any future dwelling. I feel like using passive geothermal and having the circulation and heat pumps powered by solar would be the least carbon impacting method of heating and cooling my home. I’m looking at carbon offsets for the production, shipping, and installation of all of that as a one time upfront carbon cost versus the longer-term lessened footprint. There was some guy in Connecticut who is also using solar to power his hydrogen cell production and he had retrofitted a hydrogen tank and hydrogen engine on a Ford Taurus. That shit just sounds crazy. But cool.

Reactions: cybresabre

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
The wife and I are going through a scary time. Apparently our unborn baby may have Spina Bifida, which would require aborting. The odds as of today are only 1/89 that he has it, but two weeks ago the odds were only 1/252, so the rapid increase has my wife and I worried. She called me crying in the bathroom. Needless to say, it's very hard to focus on work today.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The wife and I are going through a scary time. Apparently our unborn baby may have Spina Bifida, which would require aborting. The odds as of today are only 1/89 that he has it, but two weeks ago the odds were only 1/252, so the rapid increase has my wife and I worried. She called me crying in the bathroom. Needless to say, it's very hard to focus on work today.

We received a false positive with the test that indicates possible Spina Bifida with my younger son.

There are few things scarier than dealing with questions about the health of an unborn child.

I'm sorry that you and your wife are going through this.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
We received a false positive with the test that indicates possible Spina Bifida with my younger son.

There are few things scarier than dealing with questions about the health of an unborn child.

I'm sorry that you and your wife are going through this.
It's all I can think about. We have an ultra sound setup for Wed to find out what the issue is. It's going to be a long 2 days.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I've been big into turbo diesels since living in Germany. I'll eventually move to electric. Maybe with this new F-150 coming out.
I would like to see hybrid-TDI vehicles come to market, or more TDI and Diesel come to market in the US. Would love to be able to get a diesel Tacoma.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
After renting a diesel Mercedes while I was in Europe, I'm now permanently annoyed they're not more readily available in the US. :laugh:

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

Praying for you

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I would like to see hybrid-TDI vehicles come to market, or more TDI and Diesel come to market in the US. Would love to be able to get a diesel Tacoma.

A hybrid-diesel is my dream engine.

The diesel Tacoma is sold overseas. It’s called a Hilux. I drove one in Germany. No better truck.

I’m waiting for news if Toyota is actually putting a diesel in the Tundra. We need a full size pick up with camper top now. We move a lot (military family) and my son’s travel hockey schedule is about to get crazy if he makes the regional travel team.

If not, we’re just getting the diesel F-150.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
A hybrid-diesel is my dream engine.

The diesel Tacoma is sold overseas. It’s called a Hilux. I drove one in Germany. No better truck.

I’m waiting for news if Toyota is actually putting a diesel in the Tundra. We need a full size pick up with camper top now. We move a lot (military family) and my son’s travel hockey schedule is about to get crazy if he makes the regional travel team.

If not, we’re just getting the diesel F-150.

You can get a Hilux in parts of Latin American as well that are not sold in United States.

Reactions: Der Jaeger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad