OT: The thread formerly known as Mousecop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Random question. If I wanted to rent a halfway decent place in the Williamsville/Amherst area that'll probably cost me anywhere between $1100 and $1300 a month, correct?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Yeah! I’m not a criminal and I’m not on drugs! :banana:

I knew both this things, obviously. But my background check and drug test cleared so I’m 100% set to start in June.
You actually have to take a drug test to post on this board that consists of a single question: "Can you do a line THIS big?". If you answer "Yes" you pass!

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Random question. If I wanted to rent a halfway decent place in the Williamsville/Amherst area that'll probably cost me anywhere between $1100 and $1300 a month, correct?

That sounds about right. That would be a pretty nice 3 bedroom apartment in that price range. Rents average between $900-1600 for 2-3 bedrooms around here. That is the reason we decided to buy a house. I have a 1250 sq ft house, big yard/huge deck. 3 bedroom 1 1/2 bath, finished basement for $1150 a month including mortgage/taxes.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Mind if I vent for a moment?

So my ex...

She decided after I pointed out to her that she's been out of town and basically non-supportive for every single final week of ever single semester I have been at UF (with her tearfully mind you, explaining to me how she's my biggest supporter during my final week of last semester... while she was, you got it, out of town). So, she tells me she's not got any travel plans for this week or next a couple of months ago. I said great. Fast forward a few weeks from then and she tells me her new beau -- he of contributing to the breakup of our 20 year marriage -- is coming to town the week after Easter. I told her I figured she would do something like that. She then said they were getting an AirBNB, and he wouldn't be in our shared spaces. Again, great. I wouldn't want to do that to her in this situation so... I'm thinking, hey, she's actually acting a bit human in all of this.

So Friday, I pick up the kids because the next two weeks are my custody time to drive down to my parents house and she's been super vague about her taking care of the dog for the weekend and the key transfer for our other shared space that she will need for when she's in residence there. Flash forward to today... at my parents, a piece of mail arrived this morning that needed our mutual immediate attention (taxes, her now ex-accountant f'd up our payment) and I called her. She again is being all cagey and hasn't told me any of her plans for the week.

So after sending some pics of the kiddos coloring eggs... I started a conversation via text that my daughter mentioned being introduced to the new guy via Skype about a month ago. My daughter had laid that on me yesterday and it was odd because my ex hadn't mentioned actually doing it. I know the ex was planning on this, but she hadn't said she'd done it. So... I was like, "hey, didn't know this, I know he's in town next week what is your introduction plan?" So she tells me that we had talked about the Skype call happening (we hadn't, only that she thought it was an idea to do it). So I asked if he was in town already... and he is. So I reminded her that she had promised that he wouldn't be in either of our shared spaces and that I still didn't appreciate her doing something all about her in -- you got it -- the most important week of my semester.

So...I call her rather than continuing this in text. She tells me that she told me about his travel dates (she didn't) and that the plan all along was for him to stay at the apartment where the kids live and I live 1/2 the time. I pointed out that this wasn't what she'd told me and yet again it's her living her life and it all being about her yet again. I told her her version of events is the sort of self-advantageous shifts that happen in her father's word on matters. She told me there is my version and there is her version and they won't match, that it was only the place she and I split without the kids that he wouldn't be at. And she again told me she had told me his travel dates (she didn't, in person nor via text nor in email).

I'm not surprised that she broke her word to me again, or that she got duplicitous about it - it's a pattern. What I have to manage now is how I interact with the kids who are supposed to be meeting him this week (sidebar, her first indication of what day was in the text conversation right before our telephone exchange). And then there is my desire to find this guy and tell him what a disgusting, low-character, unprincipled piece of shit I think he is while he's in town - something I've mulled over since hearing he was coming. I've come to expect her to consistently work for her own advantage at every turn, it's how she's operated in business for years, and in relationships other than our now ended marriage.

I didn't yell. I wasn't angry on the phone. I was clear on my points.

Thanks for listening/reading.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
Mind if I vent for a moment?

So my ex...

She decided after I pointed out to her that she's been out of town and basically non-supportive for every single final week of ever single semester I have been at UF (with her tearfully mind you, explaining to me how she's my biggest supporter during my final week of last semester... while she was, you got it, out of town). So, she tells me she's not got any travel plans for this week or next a couple of months ago. I said great. Fast forward a few weeks from then and she tells me her new beau -- he of contributing to the breakup of our 20 year marriage -- is coming to town the week after Easter. I told her I figured she would do something like that. She then said they were getting an AirBNB, and he wouldn't be in our shared spaces. Again, great. I wouldn't want to do that to her in this situation so... I'm thinking, hey, she's actually acting a bit human in all of this.

So Friday, I pick up the kids because the next two weeks are my custody time to drive down to my parents house and she's been super vague about her taking care of the dog for the weekend and the key transfer for our other shared space that she will need for when she's in residence there. Flash forward to today... at my parents, a piece of mail arrived this morning that needed our mutual immediate attention (taxes, her now ex-accountant f'd up our payment) and I called her. She again is being all cagey and hasn't told me any of her plans for the week.

So after sending some pics of the kiddos coloring eggs... I started a conversation via text that my daughter mentioned being introduced to the new guy via Skype about a month ago. My daughter had laid that on me yesterday and it was odd because my ex hadn't mentioned actually doing it. I know the ex was planning on this, but she hadn't said she'd done it. So... I was like, "hey, didn't know this, I know he's in town next week what is your introduction plan?" So she tells me that we had talked about the Skype call happening (we hadn't, only that she thought it was an idea to do it). So I asked if he was in town already... and he is. So I reminded her that she had promised that he wouldn't be in either of our shared spaces and that I still didn't appreciate her doing something all about her in -- you got it -- the most important week of my semester.

So...I call her rather than continuing this in text. She tells me that she told me about his travel dates (she didn't) and that the plan all along was for him to stay at the apartment where the kids live and I live 1/2 the time. I pointed out that this wasn't what she'd told me and yet again it's her living her life and it all being about her yet again. I told her her version of events is the sort of self-advantageous shifts that happen in her father's word on matters. She told me there is my version and there is her version and they won't match, that it was only the place she and I split without the kids that he wouldn't be at. And she again told me she had told me his travel dates (she didn't, in person nor via text nor in email).

I'm not surprised that she broke her word to me again, or that she got duplicitous about it - it's a pattern. What I have to manage now is how I interact with the kids who are supposed to be meeting him this week (sidebar, her first indication of what day was in the text conversation right before our telephone exchange). And then there is my desire to find this guy and tell him what a disgusting, low-character, unprincipled piece of **** I think he is while he's in town - something I've mulled over since hearing he was coming. I've come to expect her to consistently work for her own advantage at every turn, it's how she's operated in business for years, and in relationships other than our now ended marriage.

I didn't yell. I wasn't angry on the phone. I was clear on my points.

Thanks for listening/reading.

I’d personally have a hard time not confronting the guy.

But really, you would be better off avoiding that scenario at all costs.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I’d personally have a hard time not confronting the guy.

But really, you would be better off avoiding that scenario at all costs.

Yeah, I'm not down for winding up losing any custody due to going to jail. Not that I haven't thought about letting him take a poke at me and him getting 3-6 months for instigating.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
My best revenge against the guy who my ex cheated on me with is seeing him with his wife at Wegmans and watching him squirm.
A old coworker of mine, his fiancé cheated on him, with her boss. When it came to light, a couple months later, at their company as to why her engagement ended, they both got fired. Him for sleeping with a subordinate, her for engaging in sexual acts on company time. She was using time she was supposed to be visiting customers, to go be with her boss.

My coworker had a permanent smile for about a week after he heard that news.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
A old coworker of mine, his fiancé cheated on him, with her boss. When it came to light, a couple months later, at their company as to why her engagement ended, they both got fired. Him for sleeping with a subordinate, her for engaging in sexual acts on company time. She was using time she was supposed to be visiting customers, to go be with her boss.

My coworker had a permanent smile for about a week after he heard that news.
There's people out there who think taking pleasure in the misfortune of those who have betrayed you is no way to go through life. I am not one of those people.

Reactions: Chainshot

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Would you rather:

A - $73,000 annual wage with a company truck and gas paid for. Can drive for personal use where ever you would like.

B - $80,000 annual wage, no company vehicle

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Would you rather:

A - $73,000 annual wage with a company truck and gas paid for. Can drive for personal use where ever you would like.

B - $80,000 annual wage, no company vehicle
If everything else is equal, benefits, happiness at work etc, the answer is simple. Keeping a personal vehicle plus the gas for it alwill cost much more than the $7,000 difference in wage. So go with the vehicle.

———————

The fact that I have to download a separate browser, to view this forum, with out being redirected every 2 clicks is ridiculous.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
If everything else is equal, benefits, happiness at work etc, the answer is simple. Keeping a personal vehicle plus the gas for it alwill cost much more than the $7,000 difference in wage. So go with the vehicle.

Everything else is equal, only difference being my vehicle right now is a tiny car vs a full size crew cab Silverado

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
A. Especially if you're upgrading to a Silverado and currently driving a compact car.

Mazda 3 to Crew Cab 6-6 bed Silverado. Thank god for the backup camera, it’s going to take a bit to get used to lol.

I think the key thing is piece of mind, don’t need to worry about brakes/tires/oil changes or major issues.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Mazda 3 to Crew Cab 6-6 bed Silverado. Thank god for the backup camera, it’s going to take a bit to get used to lol.

I think the key thing is piece of mind, don’t need to worry about brakes/tires/oil changes or major issues.

Exactly. You'll make up the $7,000 in gas, maintenance, and wear and tear.

Reactions: brian_griffin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad