OT: The thread formerly known as Mousecop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
It’s amazing how much the human brain develops from age 23-26 and how priorities change. Life’s about learning, boy have I learned the hard way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chainshot

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
For some reason my immediate thoughts / reactions were:
1) hookers and blow???
and
2) they have penicillin for that...

Haha nope. I was going on tinder while in a relationship when I was bored. Stupid and immature and I’m completely ashamed by it. I’ve grown up, I value relationships completely differently now.

Last edited:

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
You and me both.

Keep trying to be better every day. Take the victories gracefully. Learn from the defeats. Move forward.

I’m working very hard on it, I’ve grown so much from holding everything in to talking openly with my mother and even going to see a phychologist.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Haha nope. I was going on tinder while in a relationship when I was bored. Stupid and immature and I’m completely ashamed by it. I’ve grown up, I value relationships completely differently now.
Shit, that's light work compared to what I've done in my life. Though, I must say, I'm in a much better spot today. Use that regret to learn, but dont let it turn into guilt. Guilt can suck the life out of you, and make you spiral more. The fact you feel regret and want to better yourself shows you're a good dude.

Off topic, but trying to knock up your wife can be annoying as hell. We're both looking at every little symptom as a sign of pregnancy. Today she had light spotting a few days before he period, which she's never had before. Now both of us our getting our Hope's up. It's only been three months of trying. I can't imagine what it'll be like if this goes on for a year or so.

Reactions: 1972

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Off topic, but trying to knock up your wife can be annoying as hell. We're both looking at every little symptom as a sign of pregnancy. Today she had light spotting a few days before he period, which she's never had before. Now both of us our getting our Hope's up. It's only been three months of trying. I can't imagine what it'll be like if this goes on for a year or so.

Ummm, yeah.

I think most married guys with kids remember those days fondly.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
****, that's light work compared to what I've done in my life. Though, I must say, I'm in a much better spot today. Use that regret to learn, but dont let it turn into guilt. Guilt can suck the life out of you, and make you spiral more. The fact you feel regret and want to better yourself shows you're a good dude.

My wife and I got lazy once and did unprotected for the first time ever and ... BOOM pregnant. We were not planning at the time. Oops.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Off topic, but trying to knock up your wife can be annoying as hell.
`72, is it news that dude was Dubi Dooing your bride? Do we have to get tough, is this a where I just have to be more open minded?
Either way, I'm glad to see this ot: thread is starting to get interesting!

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
`72, is it news that dude was Dubi Dooing your bride? Do we have to get tough, is this a where I just have to be more open minded?
Either way, I'm glad to see this ot: thread is starting to get interesting!
Oh man, my transition does sound grimly as f***. Haha

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So far so good as my soon-to-be ex-mother-in-law is here for a visit and the soon-to-be ex-wife decided not to stay overnight with her/me/the kids. All good as far as I'm concerned.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
****, that's light work compared to what I've done in my life. Though, I must say, I'm in a much better spot today. Use that regret to learn, but dont let it turn into guilt. Guilt can suck the life out of you, and make you spiral more. The fact you feel regret and want to better yourself shows you're a good dude.

Thanks! I haven’t been the greatest boyfriend clearly lol. Put I’ve really grown and matured as an individual. I’m blaming it on my brain not being fully developed lol.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
So far so good as my soon-to-be ex-mother-in-law is here for a visit and the soon-to-be ex-wife decided not to stay overnight with her/me/the kids. All good as far as I'm concerned.
I can't tell you how many good families with children I've seen blown apart because the wife quit and checked out. And in each case, the guy is doing just as good if not way better several years down the road, and the woman is just emotionally lost. Every. f***ing. Time.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I can't tell you how many good families with children I've seen blown apart because the wife quit and checked out. And in each case, the guy is doing just as good if not way better several years down the road, and the woman is just emotionally lost. Every. ****ing. Time.

On that note, my ex is leaving tomorrow morning to head to PA with her boyfriend.

She is supposed to have the kids tomorrow morning until mid-afternoon and then Friday and all weekend.

But, she is planning on getting back around noon on Saturday...

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
“Life’s a dance you learn as you go”

That’s a line to live by, we all make mistakes. No ones perfect, as long as you didn’t commit a crime or what not and learn from your mistakes it’s all good.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I can't tell you how many good families with children I've seen blown apart because the wife quit and checked out. And in each case, the guy is doing just as good if not way better several years down the road, and the woman is just emotionally lost. Every. ****ing. Time.

From what my research in peer reviewed studies revealed, nearly 70% of all divorces are female lead and of those almost 80% are "life change" related (menopause or perimenopause bio-chemical changes). Of those, less than 20% reconcile during the split. I'm not sure if that translates into high-danger scoring chances, but there is certainly an advanced stat joke about defending the slot to be made. :biglaugh:

My soon-to-be ex-mother-in-law is awesome. We've had a great day together with the kids, just doing prep shopping and a little cooking/cleaning for tomorrow.

And yeah, I've come across the check-out option. I'm still stunned that she either created a new reality about some of our history (which I think is probably more likely) or was sitting on something for years (she's not very good at being mysterious, so less likely). But I'm less stunned than I was, I'm moving forward and learning from this every day.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
On that note, my ex is leaving tomorrow morning to head to PA with her boyfriend.

She is supposed to have the kids tomorrow morning until mid-afternoon and then Friday and all weekend.

But, she is planning on getting back around noon on Saturday...

Reminds me of mine setting up a one-week rotation for the kids and on her second week away booking a 10-day trip out of town. She's got an 8-day coming up that means for December, she'll be with the kids solo for a grand total of 6 days. For the month. Yeah.

The part that makes me laugh is when she says she wants to support me as I finish my degree and then she is out of town during finals. If that's support, I'm not sure I want to know what active disregard is. :biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->