OT: The thread formerly known as Mousecop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Being an earth scientist of sorts, I'll see what I can do about sending you all some of that global warming Al's been cooking up.....

That is, as soon as I come up with a way to exorcize that frickin Maunder Minimum...

Reactions: brian_griffin

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I eat bacon, eggs, sausage, and toast almost everyday, am I doing it right?

It depends on who you are, what your activity level is, what your goals are, and what you eat the rest of the day.
I've met Gras. He's pretty fit.

Two old sayings:
1. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.
2. Everything in moderation.

Two new sayings:
3. MOVE. Move any opportunities you get, especially if you're more sedentary / inactive than most, or more sedentary now than the general population was decades ago.
3. Drink more water.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Well, I found out when the temps are below 10 degrees, my gloves suck. They are nice over the cuff Marmots. And seems rather beefy. But in really low temps while snow blowing... they aren’t good after the 10 min mark when the temps are 10 degrees or lower. I had to snowblow in 10-12 min shifts. Come in warm up for 5-6 mins and go back out for more. Ugh...

I think I’ll research some extreme temp. mittens while the game is on.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Well, I found out when the temps are below 10 degrees, my gloves suck. They are nice over the cuff Marmots. And seems rather beefy. But in really low temps while snow blowing... they aren’t good after the 10 min mark when the temps are 10 degrees or lower. I had to snowblow in 10-12 min shifts. Come in warm up for 5-6 mins and go back out for more. Ugh...

I think I’ll research some extreme temp. mittens while the game is on.

There’s lots of them just be prepared to spend $100 plus if you want amazing ones

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Being an earth scientist of sorts, I'll see what I can do about sending you all some of that global warming Al's been cooking up.....

That is, as soon as I come up with a way to exorcize that frickin Maunder Minimum...
Can you scientists work on coming up with a cure for Phil Housley's coaching?

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
If you were an engineer/estimator and you were stuck doing a bunch of administrative jobs just because there is no one else to do it what would you do?

I’m at the point where it’s frustrating the hell out of me and I don’t know what to do or how to go about it. I spent a good 2-3 hours matching invoices and filing invoice today and it’s very frustrating.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
If you were an engineer/estimator and you were stuck doing a bunch of administrative jobs just because there is no one else to do it what would you do?

I’m at the point where it’s frustrating the hell out of me and I don’t know what to do or how to go about it. I spent a good 2-3 hours matching invoices and filing invoice today and it’s very frustrating.

This says it better than I could say.

Do it well while also building a case for why it is a waste of resources for you to do it.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Tough news for a Friday.

One of the kids I coach had his dad pass away last year.

Today, his older brother's girlfriend passed away.

His brother was his rock after their dad passed away and now his brother is crushed.

Not sure how to handle it if he is in the lineup tomorrow.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Tough news for a Friday.

His brother was his rock after their dad passed away and now his brother is crushed.

Maybe I’m wrong… You know him better than me, but I would think if something like that happened to me, and hockey was an outlet for joy and entertainment. I would want to just go out and play the game and not have it mentioned or made any kind of deal about it. Just a couple of hours to feel normal and alive. :dunno:

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Tough news for a Friday.

My nephew passed away last year and my first hockey game after, I did not want to talk about it. I didn't want anyone to say anything. I just wanted to play and it was a great release.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Maybe I’m wrong… You know him better than me, but I would think if something like that happened to me, and hockey was an outlet for joy and entertainment. I would want to just go out and play the game and not have it mentioned or made any kind of deal about it. Just a couple of hours to feel normal and alive. :dunno:

His mom, his sister, and himself left yesterday to go be with his brother and his mom wasn't sure if they would be back by today's game or not.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I was looking forward to seeing my younger (only) brother concurrent with a work trip in two weeks. He died of an apparent heart attack two days ago. My wife has been especially great as we try to help his wife. It seems surreal, and far too final.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I was looking forward to seeing my younger (only) brother concurrent with a work trip in two weeks. He died of an apparent heart attack two days ago. My wife has been especially great as we try to help his wife. It seems surreal, and far too final.
So sorry for your loss bg.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
That is so sad. My deepest sympathy to you and your family. Since I am well past the three score and ten I have seen too many family members and friends pass away. Each time it is a blow and leaves a sense of emptiness. We do what we can to comfort those closest and always remember the departed in our memories.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
That’s rough. I’m sorry to hear that.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Sorry to hear that. The sudden ones can be more difficult to overcome. Wishing the best for you and your family.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
My sincere condolences :(

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

So sorry to hear this news and my sympathies go out to you and your family.

It's almost the anniversary of my own younger brother's heart attack - which he fortunately survived (assisted by 4 stents). Kudos to Mercy Hospital.

Don't know if you have a personal faith belief or not. But my own reassures me that physical death is not the end. I'll take the game into overtime and ask the Lord to spread his grace over your entire family.

And bring peace and fondness of past memories to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->