OT: The thread formerly known as Mousecop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
I’ve become so spoiled by 2 day shipping, that having to order something that doesn’t have 2 day available and being told 6-8 days for delivery hurts. :laugh:

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Literally the best thing you can do for youself in life is exercise and eat a well balanced diet. So many medical issues would go away, mental illnesses such as depression would vastly improve as well. I have family members on god knows how many medications and dealing with sleep apnea and so many other issues, but the only way they try and fix it is to take more medication.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Bob

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Literally the best thing you can do for youself in life is exercise and eat a well balanced diet. So many medical issues would go away, mental illnesses such as depression would vastly improve as well. I have family members on god knows how many medications and dealing with sleep apnea and so many other issues, but the only way they try and fix it is to take more medication.
So true. I see the same thing--but it is a vicious circle. The mental/psychological issues really need a quick fix to get them on a long term fix it seems. I often feel powerless trying to help out-and sometimes feel I am just enabling them from dealing with the root issues.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
So true. I see the same thing--but it is a vicious circle. The mental/psychological issues really need a quick fix to get them on a long term fix it seems. I often feel powerless trying to help out-and sometimes feel I am just enabling them from dealing with the root issues.

It's sad to see a 40 year old not even being able to walk up a flight of stairs because they are so overweight and out of shape. I have some people I know taking medication for there medication at this point, how about just living a healthy lifestyle? It's not that hard to be able to find 30 minutes a day to exercise and make a few healthy choices when eating daily.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
It's sad to see a 40 year old not even being able to walk up a flight of stairs because they are so overweight and out of shape. I have some people I know taking medication for there medication at this point, how about just living a healthy lifestyle? It's not that hard to be able to find 30 minutes a day to exercise and make a few healthy choices when eating daily.

The main issue with eating is ... “eating healthy” is so subjective. As just one example, Maybe I think if you drink any pop (soda) you are eating unhealthy.
Someone may disagree and think “well if I have just 3-4 cans a week that’s not unhealthy at all, because I used to have 12 cans a week”.
Same can be said for “how to eat healthy” with eating certain meats, or cheeses, or foods with saturated fats. The list goes on and on with the things bad for you.
Then there are some where ignorance is bliss and they don’t really want to know what’s bad to eat because they have little will power when it comes to giving up foods they love tasting.

Exercise is subjective for many too. A casual walk around the block or if they have a job where they are on their feet all day. They have the mindset where that is enough daily exercise.
Where some look at that and think no no no ... 30-45 mins of sweat inducing exercise is what must be done.
But again, when it comes to exercise, ignorance is bliss for some.
I know you know where the answers truly are, but others don’t have the will power to change lifelong bad habits.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The main issue with eating is ... “eating healthy” is so subjective. As just one example, Maybe I think if you drink any pop (soda) you are eating unhealthy.
Someone may disagree and think “well if I have just 3-4 cans a week that’s not unhealthy at all, because I used to have 12 cans a week”.
Same can be said for “how to eat healthy” with eating certain meats, or cheeses, or foods with saturated fats. The list goes on and on with the things bad for you.
Then there are some where ignorance is bliss and they don’t really want to know what’s bad to eat because they have little will power when it comes to giving up foods they love tasting.

Exercise is subjective for many too. A casual walk around the block or if they have a job where they are on their feet all day. They have the mindset where that is enough daily exercise.
Where some look at that and think no no no ... 30-45 mins of sweat inducing exercise is what must be done.
I know you know where the answers truly are, but others don’t have the will power to change lifelong bad habits.

Being healthy isn't subjective.

The big issue is that people don't want to put in the work to prioritize their health.

It is easier to sit on the couch and eat McDonald's.

I used to live that way and I was over 300 lbs.

I've cycled between 240 and 180lbs and have settled in lately in the mid-190s.

It's just that I have decided that I will be consistent with eating meals that align with my health and fitness goals and I go to a CrossFit gym three times a week without fail.

It isn't subjective, but it does need to be personalized. It takes time and dedication to make it happen. Some people don't value their health that highly.

And what people say they value isn't what they value. What they really value is what they spend their time and money on.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada

I guess what I am saying is the people who eat cheesecake, ice cream, chips, pepsi, chicken fingers, pasta and pizza as there diet...no one is perfect, all those foods are fine in moderation, but you cannot have a muffin and a double double for breakfast, wendys spicy chicken and fries for lunch and pizza and wings for dinner with ice cream for a dessert consistently and be healthy. I was that person, If you eat like shit you will feel and look like shit. I have a family friend whose 22 and probably 300 pounds, she literally drinks a minimum 750 calories a day, just from iced coffee, pop or chocolate milk.

Exerise is very subjective, someone who works for UPS devilvering packages probably doesn't need to workout at a gym for an hour a night to get in shape, a receptionist probably does.

I was 5-9 245 when i was 22, ive been around 180 for the last 3 years. I can tell by experience how much better life is not being obese. It's worth the hard work x100.

At the end of the day it comes down to whether health is a priority to you. Having been on both sides of the coin, I can honestly say it’s should probably be one of the most important aspects of your life.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Bob

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Being healthy isn't subjective.

The big issue is that people don't want to put in the work to prioritize their health.

It is easier to sit on the couch and eat McDonald's.

I used to live that way and I was over 300 lbs.

I've cycled between 240 and 180lbs and have settled in lately in the mid-190s.

It's just that I have decided that I will be consistent with eating meals that align with my health and fitness goals and I go to a CrossFit gym three times a week without fail.

It isn't subjective, but it does need to be personalized. It takes time and dedication to make it happen. Some people don't value their health that highly.

And what people say they value isn't what they value. What they really value is what they spend their time and money on.

You misunderstood me. Sorry. I wasn’t saying the act of eating healthy is subjective. It’s the understanding of “healthy” by some people. Maybe I’m not explaining it right :dunno:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
You misunderstood me. Sorry. I wasn’t saying the act of eating healthy is subjective. It’s the understanding of “healthy” by some people. Maybe I’m not explaining it right :dunno:

Yes, there are a million different diets out there.

But, the bigger issue is that people have a hard time sticking with the tried and true basics of:

- Drink lots of water
- Eat lots of real foods (veggies, fruit, and lean protein)
- Don't eat more calories than you burn

Reactions: brian_griffin

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Yes, there are a million different diets out there.

But, the bigger issue is that people have a hard time sticking with the tried and true basics of:

- Drink lots of water
- Eat lots of real foods (veggies, fruit, and lean protein)
- Don't eat more calories than you burn
I eat bacon, eggs, sausage, and toast almost everyday, am I doing it right?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I inadvertently went pescadarian last week. I didn't try to do it, and there were some things that I ate that haphazardly -- I wouldn't say "unintentionally" since that is not in its purest sense what I did, but more so without awareness. Weird.

ValJames

Jun 9, 2015
NC
Enjoy your Snow/Cold days this week 716. Make sure your carrots on the snowmen don't freeze.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
We keep in line with the local school, so we're closed the next two days. Fridays are always off. Well, hello, unexpected 5 day vacation.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Sleep as you know it is officially OVER :) .

But seriously, congrats!!!!!!

Cute! Congrats! :5:

Congratulations!

Congrats!

I'm so sorry for your loss (of sleep). Congrats!!

Awesome, congrats to you guys

Congrats and congrats.

congrats! Thanks for sharing this is awesome!

Congrats, Doak!

Thanks everyone. They are around 10 days old....and you aren't joking about a lack of sleep. Olivia is actually a pretty good sleeper. Jackson, however, is not.

Awesome!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! They look like they're both at least 4 lbs. Any NICU time expected before heading home?

Was it Yesterday (21st) ????? That's my birthday, too!!
(Pretty sure I called that back when you announced you folks were expecting.)

They were both over 5 lbs (Jackson was 5 lbs 11 oz, Olivia 6 lbs, 4 oz) and got to 35 weeks by literal minutes (Olivia Grace was born at 12:12 AM, Jackson Davis at 1:13 AM). And it was the 20th, not 21st. Off by a day.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
So close to having twins with different birthdays. That probably would have been more annoying than cool.

Reactions: jBuds

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Thanks everyone. They are around 10 days old....and you aren't joking about a lack of sleep. Olivia is actually a pretty good sleeper. Jackson, however, is not.

The relief that comes when the kids start sleeping better cannot be overstated.

All three of my kids would only sleep while being held for the first 3 to 6 months.

When they would finally sleep in their crib.....

1qlmai.jpg

Reactions: Chainshot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->