This is how to get their attention and let them know that we want change!

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
I keep ignoring it because there's no point in discussing it. You still don't seem to get it the message of a boycott. You keep going back to improving with youth, drafting, etc..

If you boycott, you're telling MLSE losing isn't acceptable, so they won't gamble on youth. They'll go out and try to immediately solve the problems.

They're not going to call and ask you why you didn't come if you don't show up.

First off, neither me nor you know what they would end up doing so don't try to act as if you can predict the future. If MLSE came out and said that they would be seeking to rebuild this club and that it may lead to some bad finishes in subsequent years, people would still go to the games, buy jerseys, etc. The whole Burke mindset that this city can't handle going through a rebuild is ******** as proven by his half assed retool failing extraordinarily year in year out while people still fill the stands.

Second of all, I would hope that our management team isn't so stupid as to immediately think the best way to improve this team would be to sell off all our garbage for another equivalent pile of garbage that would just put us in the same position or worse.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
First off, neither me nor you know what they would end up doing so don't try to act as if you can predict the future. If MLSE came out and said that they would be seeking to rebuild this club and that it may lead to some bad finishes in subsequent years, people would still go to the games, buy jerseys, etc. The whole Burke mindset that this city can't handle going through a rebuild is ******** as proven by his half assed retool failing extraordinarily year in year out while people still fill the stands.

Second of all, I would hope that our management team isn't so stupid as to immediately think the best way to improve this team would be to sell off all our garbage for another equivalent pile of garbage that would just put us in the same position or worse.
If that's what you think then you're welcome to your opinion, but it defies logic to think that boycotting because the team is losing will encourage the team to trade off it's assets and build the team in a slower way that usually involves more losing.

cack

Jul 30, 2013

They bought out Grabovski, let MacArthur walk, signed David Clarkson to a retirement contract and wasted three draft picks for an injury riddled Bolland and you are hoping they are not that stupid to make more stupid decisions. Okay.

StringsAttached

BPD Nation!
Oct 1, 2013
Vaughan, ON
Hi all,

I am a long time Leaf fan and bleed blue every day. I have been a leafs fan ever since I lived in Toronto when I was a kid. A friend of mine won tickets to go skating with the leafs when I was 12 and I have been hooked ever since! I went skating with Rob Ramage, Brad Marsh, Gary Leeman, etc to give you an idea of how long I have been a leafs fan.

I think we can all agree that it is frustrating being a leafs fan. We seem to be spinning our wheels every year with frustrating finish after frustrating finish. I think one of the problems is that MLSE doesn't NEED to have the leafs be competitive in order to remain the most profitable team in the NHL. This leads to changes but not the type of change that will produce a cup contender or even a consistent playoff contender.

How can we get their attention and let them know that we, as fans, mean business and expect and end to the mediocrity? I have an idea. I think it is a great idea that a friend of mine mentioned the other day. It will get their attention and is something which would get a LOT of publicity if there is enough interest in making it happen.

Here is what we do. On Saturday night, everyone in the ACC leaves their seats and watches the second period from the concourse. Imagine a barren ACC for an entire period. Imagine management looking down from their box and seeing nothing but empty seats. Imagine the national broadcast panning around during the second period and seeing nothing but empty seats. This is our way to SHOUT that WE WANT CHANGE. WE WANT A TEAM TO BE PROUD OF!

Please share this post on Facebook. Share this post on other boards. Share this on Twitter. Send this to any media contacts you have. With social media, we have the ability to make this happen!

Thanks for reading.

Disgruntled leafs fan.

LOL! I was daydreaming about this earlier today. Love this idea let's do it.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
They bought out Grabovski, let MacArthur walk, signed David Clarkson to a retirement contract and wasted three draft picks for an injury riddled Bolland and you are hoping they are not that stupid to make more stupid decisions. Okay.

If anything, I would like to think that this whole sequence of events would make them think twice about doing something as stupid as what you just described though.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Management laughs all the way to the bank. They already collected the money for those seats

cack

Jul 30, 2013
If anything, I would like to think that this whole sequence of events would make them think twice about doing something as stupid as what you just described though.

Brace yourself because they will continue to make stupid decisions to attempt to patch up their past mistakes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad