WJC: This is great - Eberle goal without Pierre

Youreallygotme

Aug 21, 2003
Kelowna BC
Nice! There's an even better one shot by somebody at the game right in front of the blue line, you can just hear the crowd go ballistic. Anything without Pierre's terrible terrible commentary is good really.

Sep 19, 2008
It's not really without Pierre but there are a few gaps of silence where you just hear the crowd

Amazing

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
When Eberle gets back from injury, I think Renney needs to sit down with him and show him this video. It may just inspire this kid, light a fuse under him that causes him to break out.

Tavaresmagicalplay*

I was laughing when Pierre made the call. To me the goal stands out because of Pierres brutal call. I had chills and was lmao at the same time.

Vomiting Kermit*

This is beautiful.

McGuire ruined what was a great call by Miller.

Joseppi

Oct 12, 2008
Kepler-22b
Thanks for that. So much better without that stupid schpiel Pierre went on.

I still get chills watching that. I'm swelling with patriotic mucus
k211302_Zoidberg.jpg

Patchey*

probably favorite hockey moment...

Can you imagine how much MORE godly Eberle would have seemed if we won that game against the states in Saskatoon. I was joking with my girlfriend that if he scored both goals to tie it, I was going to dump her and date him instead. Well, thank god my girlfriend can take a joke. :laugh:

SidGenoMario

Apr 10, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
I forgot how bad Pierre actually ruined that moment:

1) Most importantly, ruining what should have been dramatic silence after "Can you believe it?" in order to soak up the crowd noise
2) Actually answering the theoretical question with an answer. An answer that makes it seem less amazing then it was
3) Spending time talking about the dumb Russian instead of how magnificent the moment was
4) Second most important, calling it "Tavares' magical play," when the moment will always be remembered as Eberle's, and rightfully so.

Pierre, you bumbling moron.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I can just imagine him in high school English class.

Teacher: "To be, or not to be? That is the..."

Pierre: "To be! Because of the fact that Claudius committed regicide - and look at his body language now, he's crushed - Hamlet had to step up and make a magical play! The crowd loves it! Hamlet's magical play!"

Teacher: *forehead slap*

Last edited:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I can just imagine him in high school English class.

Teacher: "To be, or not to be? That is the..."

Pierre: "To be! Because of the fact that Claudius committed regicide - and look at his body language now, he's crushed - Hamlet had to step up and make a magical play! The crowd loves it! Hamlet's magical play!"

Teacher: *forehead slap*

This is my vote for post of the year. Brilliant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad