this is from newyorkislanders.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
this is form newyorkislanders.com

The GM did shed some light on a potential sleeper selection with his first round pick. "We have our eye on a player that we hope, but don't expect, will be there at 16," Milbury said. "He might not be that high on every team's list, but we like him a lot. When I talk to my scouts, they get that twinkle in their eye talking about him. So we'll see."

who do you think he's talking about?? the description sounds like it could be Wolski?

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
Sounds like Valabik to me.

Someone that isnt high on everyones list, but would probably be gone by then anyway.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Ice Demon said:
Maybe Radulov or Korpikoski.

Seems like they could fit the bill. The Isles have really focused a lot of their scouting in Sweden/Finland in the past few years and it reflects in their picks. So I could definitely see it being Korpikoski.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
JNRhockeyGURU said:
wow you sound confident? any sources? or just a feeling? i'd love radulov (as long as schremp was off the board)

It's more of an educated guess really. It goes back to the 2000 draft(comments made by Waddell about the pick) and not taking Gaborik

leafaholix*

TMHUNH said:

Someone that isnt high on everyones list, but would probably be gone by then anyway.
Frank Bonelli (Bonello?) of CSB said (in an interview) that he see's Boris Valabik as the guy that will go higher than most people expect.

He also graded this draft year as a 'C'... (A, B, C, D, etc..)

Brain Hemorrhage

Jan 16, 2003
Boston, MA
I got a feeling it will be Nokelainen and not Korpikoski... despite the fact Korpikoski has been the one jumping up the charts.

Edit: Don't discount Johan Fransson or Carl Soderberg.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
TMHUNH said:

Milbury also said he wants a skilled player who can compete.I don't think it's Valabik.He looks like a project pick.

My guess is Korpikoski.

degroat*

The key to what Mad Mike said was: "we hope, but don't expect, will be there at 16"

That means it's probably not Korpikoski, Soderberg, Fransson or Smid.

Chances are it's someone like Wolski, Radulov, maybe even Schremp.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
tom_servo said:
"Yes, we can't wait to trade... er, draft this kid."

:lol:

Because Yashin's eating so much of the budget over the next 4 yrs,it's tying MM's hands,forcing them to start developing and keeping their kids.

That's why the isles passed on moving 19 yr old Bergenheim or 23 yr old Weinhandl at the trade deadline for Witt or Carney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->