This is a good team

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Subtracting Lundqvist recent play, this is a bottom 3 team.

Given his current play and a jump with a new coach, this is a bottom 3 team that is playing like a 7th place team that will finish as a 9th place team, and lose the lottery roll to pick 13th.

This franchise really isnt ever going to win a cup.

That doesn’t seem to bother a lot of you, so it is what it is

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
this is a bad team that tries hard sometimes to execute a system and usually plays with passion.

henrik was the difference tonight.

the sabres are more talented. by alot.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
this is a bad team that tries hard sometimes to execute a system and usually plays with passion.

henrik was the difference tonight.

the sabres are more talented. by alot.

As they should be. They've had tons of high picks.

WeRa

Nov 2, 2017
I don't think this team is above average right now. They are promising... We have three wins in a row, but Ducks and Sharks play really bad this time. We have beaten the Sabres and I'm really surprised... but they have back to back game. Hank is the King .. again.
But ... we are not as bad as I supposed. What does it means? Jack Hughes isn't topic for us...

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
I don't think this team is above average right now. They are promising... We have three wins in a row, but Ducks and Sharks play really bad this time. We have beaten the Sabres and I'm really surprised... but they have back to back game. Hank is the King .. again.
But ... we are not as bad as I supposed. What does it means? Jack Hughes isn't topic for us...

They are not good. And when we sell half the team by February, they will be even worse. Hughes should certainly be a possibility.

At the very least, Kakko, Cozens, Dach.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
We will be good in a couple years

Unload
Georgiev

Staal
Smith
Shatty
McQuaid

Zucc
Names
Spooner
Hayes
Vesey
McLeod

In
Shesty

Hajek
Miller
One of Rykov/Lindgren/Lundkvist
UFA, own prospect or trade

Lias
Hughes (or other Top 5 pick)
Kravtsov
Panarin
UFA, own prospect or trade

Add numerous draft picks and prospects acquired through trades
Looks decent
Decisions will be made on Kreider and Zib before next season as well. They might bring back that D we so much long for

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Would have been nice to get a real coach before gutting the roster but hockey is different here.

Give me break. Quinn has already done something our previous three coaches couldn't do. He's gotten the meatheads on this team to shoot the puck. Hopefully, Gorton will actually fully commit to the rebuild, bring Hajek and Andersson up. Release McLeod and find someway to get either Smith or Staal off of this freakin team. Staal is still better than what a lot of teams use on their 4-6 defensman. See the Devils who have an AHL defenseman squad. If they retain on Staal they should be able to move him.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I highly doubt that Panarin will end up here @BBKers

I agree with Smith though he should be moved as well at TDL, but there are other relative young players in Mika, Kreider, Skjei I would consider moving as well to start over with a new core based on health and past injury situations with some of those players. And the current market value with B. Skjei - there are other top NHL teams right now that have a weak defense which would result in a great return while we are rebuilding.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
We were terrible last night. Hank stole the game.

We also have been healthy thru the start. Wait till a few injuries come about as they always do.

You then also are going to deal Hayes and Zucc and probably namestnikov maybe Smith.

We’re a bottom 5 team right now as we should be

Reactions: jas

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
More like this ISN'T a BAD hockey team. They aren't necessarily all that good, but nowhere near bottom 5 bad, to most of this board's chagrin.

Montreal will be an interesting contest on Tuesday.

Then two very winnable road games over the weekend in Detroit and Columbus. Win these next three, and maybe it's time to re-think the season goals.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
More like this ISN'T a BAD hockey team. They aren't necessarily all that good, but nowhere near bottom 5 bad, to most of this board's chagrin.

Montreal will be an interesting contest on Tuesday.

Then two very winnable road games over the weekend in Detroit and Columbus. Win these next three, and maybe it's time to re-think the season goals.

The Rangers should become buyers at the deadline.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The thing with the Sabres (kind of like the Devils, Oilers and the Islanders) is they've been down so long that when they finally do turn things around they have to figure out what it takes to consistently win and that very often is a very hard lesson to learn. Some of that 'what it takes' is still in the Rangers locker room. So having talent is one thing but a winning culture is another. Henrik goes out every night with the idea in his head that his team is going to win. Kreider, Zucc, Fast and Staal think that way too. I'm not sure Jack Eichel or Connor McDavid do.

Are the Rangers a good team? I don't think so but the Rangers have had a decade's worth of winning without ever having really elite talent (apart from Lundqvist). We faded the last 3 years partly because we didn't have a coaching staff that would push the team hard enough--though there were other things like not being able to draw on our AHL team because we'd sold off so many draft picks. Now we have draft picks who are great but not ready and we have a coaching staff that will push the team very hard.

6 wins--13 points in 14 games. It's not bad considering where we were at the end of last year. If we had 7,8 or 9 at this point I wouldn't have been shocked. 4 of our 6 wins in OT---they are still wins. We have an issue hanging on to leads late in games. OTOH the team hasn't deflated when that happens. On talent alone 3v3 in OT pretty much almost never favors us but until now somehow the team hangs in there in OT. There's a bit of resilience here. Resilience is something that winning teams have. We'll see if this continues.

Reactions: NCRanger

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Lundqvist is not going to make it through the season in one piece at this rate. Quinn said before the Florida game Lundqvist is dealing with an upper body injury two weeks ago. Carpiniello wrote it is a neck issue.

Lundqvist took a hit to his head and neck in the LA game last Sunday or last Tuesday in SJ. I think it was the LA game. He looked dazed on play. McLeod ran into Lundqvist’s head and neck. Joe said Lundqvist felt a burning sensation running down his arms after the McLeod play. Stinger.

He took a slap shot off his mask last night in the first period. Lundqvist didn’t know where he was.

In the second period, Lundqvist decides to chase Dahlin behind the net and Dahlin’s knee hits a sliding Lundqvist in the same head and neck area. He had difficulty getting up after that hit.

Henrik Lundqvist was terrific in making 39 saves, but he also took a shot to the head/neck from fellow Swede Rasmus Dahlin late in the second period that put the goalie down. Lundqvist had dealt with neck issues earlier in the season, but stayed in the game.

“It was kind of my fault,” Lundqvist said. “When he started going around, I tried to attack him and he kept going, so I think I got his knee or his hip right into my head or neck. So we’ll see how it feels [Monday]. It’s not a great feeling.”

https://nypost.com/2018/11/05/rangers-bright-spots-status-uncertain-after-exiting-with-injury/

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Yes, this thread was made to poke fun at the threads of previous years when we expected to be good, but got out of the gate slowly. That said, I think there is some truth to it. Defensively, we are better than we were last year. Scoring is down, but we've been in almost every game until the end.

This is probably still a bottom 5 team once we start selling. It's just ironic that we can never seem to get out of our own way.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I have to laugh about the "great coaching" stuff for a team that that has 2 regulation wins with a goalie standing on his head. And this is not a shot at Quinn -- I think he's doing a fine job. Seems to me this is a cheap shot at the last coach without nearly enough evidence to back it up.

Anyway, allow me to be the stick in the mud that reminds everyone that points in the standings do a great disservice to the organization this season. The stars have aligned and the Rangers need to embrace the suck.

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Lundqvist is not going to make it through the season in one piece at this rate. Quinn said before the Florida game Lundqvist is dealing with an upper body injury two weeks ago. Carpiniello wrote it is a neck issue.

Lundqvist took a hit to his head and neck in the LA game last Sunday or last Tuesday in SJ. I think it was the LA game. He looked dazed on play. McLeod ran into Lundqvist’s head and neck. Joe said Lundqvist felt a burning sensation running down his arms after the McLeod play. Stinger.

He took a slap shot off his mask last night in the first period. Lundqvist didn’t know where he was.

In the second period, Lundqvist decides to chase Dahlin behind the net and Dahlin’s knee hits a sliding Lundqvist in the same head and neck area. He had difficulty getting up after that hit.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/05/rangers-bright-spots-status-uncertain-after-exiting-with-injury/

Resting Lundqvist for the rest of the season would be the best thing to ever happen to this team. I say this only half in jest.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
I have to laugh about the "great coaching" stuff for a team that that has 2 regulation wins with a goalie standing on his head. And this is not a shot at Quinn -- I think he's doing a fine job. Seems to me this is a cheap shot at the last coach without nearly enough evidence to back it up.

Anyway, allow me to be the stick in the mud that reminds everyone that points in the standings do a great disservice to the organization this season. The stars have aligned and the Rangers need to embrace the suck.

Not enough evidence? You're freakin kidding right? For starters Hank came out and said he could go back to playing the way he used to because things were different in front of him with the new system and coaching staff. That alone is enough evidence. Vets and young players are being scratched fairly where as moron AV never benched certain dogs. The team under AV refused to shoot the puck for years where as Quinn has already changed the mentality to a shoot first team. There was almost no shot blocking under AV where Quinn has players sacrificing to block shots when it makes sense. Physical, stay at home defenseman like McQuaid are given legit chances to win jobs on the team where AV wanted to play nothing but small, pucking moving defenseman who were poor defensively. Under AV, Skjei was a disaster last year. He kept regressing from his first year. He's just now starting to find his game again. There is a ton of evidence.

Reactions: NCRanger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->