Confirmed with Link: This Is A Bad Hockey Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I'm not one for fights and stuff but we need 20 minutes of Lemieux doing stuff to get his team engaged and involved. 4 games now in empty arenas of straight up sleep walking hockey. Only game where we looked half decent was when Lemmy has minutes in G3 against the Canes. We need more Lemmy, Lindgren, Smith, and Tony. Everyone else is either too young and preoccupied with their own learning curve to step up or just too mellow.

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
These boards never cease to amaze haha...youngest team in the league, roster turnover with some key vets gone, shortened season, COVID delays, no preseason. I'm not looking to make excuses but my god, it was game 1 against a very good team.

With the rant over, I will say it's tough to find positives from that display...but there were a few. Laf-Chytil-Gauthier line had some good shifts and Laf looked quite comfortable. Miller looked ok, especially for a rookie whose main critique has been his defensive abilities. Shesty settled down after a period and a half and made some strong saves in the 3rd.

Other than that, it was dismal. Way too many turnovers, too many penalties, sloppy defense, soft goals, no offensive pressure. I'll chalk it up to what I said in my first sentence. If they still look this bad after a week or two, my level of concern will rise.

Rockets17

Oct 6, 2017
Not sure what you mean. He clearly made two stick handles through the triangle of DeAngelo, which allowed him to get closer to the goal and not allow Shesterkin to really get a good read on the release. I'm not saying he got dangled out of his shoes or anything, but better defensive defensemen don't let that happen.

In that situation you'd love for the d-man to prevent the shot. But its not like Barzal got around him. He took a low percentage shoot through DeAngelo. 9 out of 10 times an NHL goalie stops that shot. Look if you think the d-man can prevent that shot 10 outta 10 times, well you're not being very realistic. That goal is mostly, if not all on Shesty. Blaming DeAngelo is really, really picking at straws.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004

giphy.webp

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Not a NYR fan, bud this is an embarrassing thread. Your team was one of the best in the league in March, then there was a huge lay off before the Canes series and another huge lay off before this game. Let them play for a while and create some chemistry

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Not a NYR fan, bud this is an embarrassing thread. Your team was one of the best in the league in March, then there was a huge lay off before the Canes series and another huge lay off before this game. Let them play for a while and create some chemistry

Thank you for reeling everyone in. This was very 'Frazier' during his 'Cheers' years of you.

We'll be ok. We have to build the chemistry. I thought that first shift Kak & Laf took together looked so promising for a moment, it was like peaking through the curtain into a glorious future scene.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
this thread is posted every year after our first loss traditionally lol, doesn't matter if we actually played well or not

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
In that situation you'd love for the d-man to prevent the shot. But its not like Barzal got around him. He took a low percentage shoot through DeAngelo. 9 out of 10 times an NHL goalie stops that shot. Look if you think the d-man can prevent that shot 10 outta 10 times, well you're not being very realistic. That goal is mostly, if not all on Shesty. Blaming DeAngelo is really, really picking at straws.

not even sure what we're arguing about. i don't disagree it was a pretty stoppable shot. my original post was in regards to someone saying Barzal embarrased Adam Fox on a takeaway when the game was essentially already over.

When a forward stickhandles through your triangle like that and then gets a shot off and scores, it's embarrassing and i consider it getting beat 1on1 to an extent. i bet the fishdicks were giving to Tony on the ice/bench after the goal.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
not even sure what we're arguing about. i don't disagree it was a pretty stoppable shot. my original post was in regards to someone saying Barzal embarrased Adam Fox on a takeaway when the game was essentially already over.

When a forward stickhandles through your triangle like that and then gets a shot off and scores, it's embarrassing and i consider it getting beat 1on1 to an extent. i bet the fishdicks were giving to Tony on the ice/bench after the goal.

Good, hope it got Tony angry for Saturday please. He and Lemmy need to go all out next game.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Rockets17

Oct 6, 2017

Interesting take, I guess. I see it as if you keep your body between Barzal and the puck and the net, and instead to skating around you, like Barzal has done to many NHL defensman force him into a low percentage shot, you've done ok. Again that goal is almost all, if not all on Shesty. But people view things differently and if you want to say its on DeAngelo, so be it!

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
This is HFNYR tradition. Not even kidding. I think its been happening for roughly a decade. IIRC, Machinehead usually makes it around the all-star break. It is some sort of pre-emptive self jinx. I love these threads tbh.

i guess it’s easier to read and laugh than battle to change the culture

ty :)

Reactions: Rongomania

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

hahaha we lost our first 3 games (first in Europe then on the road due to MSG renovations) in 2011-12 and we got this same thread. Then went on to finish a point shy of the President's Trophy.

That 3rd loss that birthed the thread was an embarrassing loss against the Islanders too.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
This thread title hasn't been funny in 3 years.

Yeah but it's like that shitty family tradition everyone has at the holidays that was novel/funny once then gets carried on until everyone secretly hates it but we do it anyway for grandma.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas

We make this thread every year. It’s half tongue in cheek, half a place to vent. We all know it’s one game. It’s just HFNYR tradition.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Posted this in another thread, but now I actually really want to do this:

I think our “thing” this year, should be sarcastic homage to how important it is to have veteran like JMFJ!!! in the locker room. Thus, we should refer to every playing on the team as such: Alexis Mother f***ing Lafreniere, or AMFL.

Sick save by IMFS! Big hit by RMFL there.

Please click like, share and subscribe below :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->