Confirmed with Link: This Is A Bad Hockey Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Short season this year so no time to f*** around with tradition.

Don’t want to overreact to one game in extraordinary circumstances, but I’m slightly alarmed this team hasn’t played anything resembling good hockey since March.

I expected growing pains, I didn’t and still do not expect them to be good, but a decent performance in a losing effort would be nice.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I like the fact that we're trying different PK combos

I thought Howden was great last night

even though Miller had a rough start (understatement lol) he settled in a bit and I can absolutely see the potential.

Also can see what they're trying to do with Gauthier. He barreled in and won quite a few battles. I think with some seasoning he can be a good compliment to the Panarin line.

Panarin has been sleep walking since February and I'm not a fan.

Strome is useless when his linemates are useless

Fox somehow looks better than last year

AL looks like he's been here before

Kreider on the PK looked awesome

JMFJ is dumber than dog shit.

Trouba has negative value if he keeps this up

whatever

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I like the fact that we're trying different PK combos

I thought Howden was great last night

even though Miller had a rough start (understatement lol) he settled in a bit and I can absolutely see the potential.

Also can see what they're trying to do with Gauthier. He barreled in and won quite a few battles. I think with some seasoning he can be a good compliment to the Panarin line.

Panarin has been sleep walking since February and I'm not a fan.

Strome is useless when his linemates are useless

AL looks like he's been here before

Kreider on the PK looked awesome

JMFJ is dumber than dog shit.

Trouba has negative value if he keeps this up

whatever

I’ll agree with most of this but I didn’t think trouba had a bad game. You kind of have to isolate what he did when he didn’t have to cover for a mistake his partner made. When Miller settled down, he was able to play well.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
“We just weren’t prepared to play the right way right from the get-go”

This isn't the first time we've heard this from Quinn, and it was no different after the bubble camp and play-in tourney. I have no idea what the pace has been in the practices and scrimmages (because the Rangers were one of the only teams to not provide a stream of them to their fans), but this is starting to become a trend.

If I recall correctly, it also happened after the newly established bye week the Rangers had season or two ago as well. I don't think Quinn is on the hot seat just yet - but that performance should definitely raise some eyebrows in the front office.

We all know this is a super young team, but Quinn himself said it's ok to make mistakes as long as they are the wrong ones. That they need to be more physical and a harder team to play against.

Yes, its one game - but I didn't see much of anything to suggest anything has changed in that regard and if you are a top coach it doesn't matter what average age your club is, you can motivate them to at least play a spirited game on opening night in your home barn.

Let's hope it was all nerves and after a few games things start to jell a little better. But the effort needs to increase. Passion needs to be displayed. Otherwise I will seriously start to doubt the effectiveness of this head coach.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Good PK structure. Poor defense exploited. Lack of offensive creativity. Lack of intensity. Unremarkable goaltending most of the game.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Fox was amazing the first half of the game but fell off hard towards the end. Him getting embarrassed by Barzal was probably the single worst play of the night, but everyone (including me) gives him a pass because he is Fox. Taken as a whole I'd call it a below average performance from Fox in comparison to his tenure as a Ranger.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Good PK structure. Poor defense exploited. Lack of offensive creativity. Lack of intensity. Unremarkable goaltending most of the game.

i worry a little that the game was pretty much over when the had “good” pk’s. Probably just as much of a product of the Islanders being lax

Reactions: CasusBelli

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Fox was amazing the first half of the game but fell off hard towards the end. Him getting embarrassed by Barzal was probably the single worst play of the night, but everyone (including me) gives him a pass because he is Fox. Taken as a whole I'd call it a below average performance from Fox in comparison to his tenure as a Ranger.

Meh. It was 4-0 in the 3rd period and he got his stick lifted.

DeAngelo got more embarrassed by Barzal on tha rush where he attacked his triangle and stickhandled through him before scoring to make it 3-0.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Meh. It was 4-0 in the 3rd period and he got his stick lifted.

DeAngelo got more embarrassed by Barzal on tha rush where he attacked his triangle and stickhandled through him before scoring to make it 3-0.
DeAngelo was bad on that play but was still in it and caused interference in his shot attempt, also was only in that situation due to JJ's massive f***up. That was a 5% chance that Shesty should've gotten.

Fox was the last man back with his head in the clouds giving Barzal a clean break at the goal with nobody within miles of him. That chance was roughly equivalent to a penalty shot and at least a 30-40% chance that was all on Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad