This is a Bad Hockey Team 2019-20

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
this isnt a bad hockey team its a young hockey team with a young rookie coach and veteran players who havent got anything going yet and kids who havent gotten the chance yet. quinns fault there.

kreider and skjei have been bad. staal a whole other level of bad.

ready for this

THREE thats the number of points that

KAKKO
FOX
ANDERSSON
HOWDEN

have collectively. 3 points. thats it. 3 total points.

ryan strome has 4 people. everyones whipping boy stromer has more points than those 4. hello ?

who would have thought that adam fox would have zero points after 7 games ? no one. nada. he has none. andersson. ditto.

and ready for this one. ONE. 1. uno. GOAL.

SKJEI
KREIDER
BUCHNEVICH

collectively that 3some has 1 GOAL after 7 games. that seems impossible. its true.

Reactions: TheGortonConspiracy

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
No, but neither is he. Again, for top line consideration a veteran with an actual track record should and will get the nod ahead of an 18 year old with no track record whose play can best be described is mundane.
But it's also worth nothing that, as a rebuilding team, we're not subject to traditional TOI competition. We have to consider what's best for development.

I'm unconvinced that playing Kakko and Andersson 9 minutes does anything positive for them.

Reactions: Lias Andersson

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think it's especially true for Andersson.

Kakko is a baby, so I get the tough guy act with him even if I don't agree with it.

Andersson is 21 years old and this is the fifth season he's playing pro hockey. He's either in or he's out.

And while Kakko isn't necessarily in competition with wingers in the same situation, Andersson is (with Howden) and he's better.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
kakko needs to have top 6 mins. period.

he needs to be on one of the PP's. given.

andersson needs off the 4th line. obviously.

the howden is a 2C thing is dead. 3/4 C is his probable upside. play him there let him help where he can.

strome can play anywhere from the 2-4C or wing. he wont hurt you. hes a gamer.

chytil needs to be back here. thursday. if not at the 2C then in the top 9 somewhere. hes too talented to not be here.

CK needs to come off the PP. period. hes ineffective and needs to have a lesser role.

smith needs to pay on line 4 and PK D mins.

staal needs no more than 10-14 mins per game and zero PK.

play your most talented players more even if they are young. play your least talented players less. again even if young. play talent. play the plumbers and traffic cones less.

thats a start.

Last edited:

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
There are 7 Rangers skaters who are 23 and under.

Georgiev is a goalie.

I'm going by Hockey-Reference where age is listed as of Feb. of present season.

So, Winnipeg also has 7 23-and under skaters, but Appleton turns 24 in January.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I think it's especially true for Andersson.

Kakko is a baby, so I get the tough guy act with him even if I don't agree with it.

Andersson is 21 years old and this is the fifth season he's playing pro hockey. He's either in or he's out.

And while Kakko isn't necessarily in competition with wingers in the same situation, Andersson is (with Howden) and he's better.

There's also the issue of who those minutes are alongside. I don't care about Lias getting top-6 minutes or even think it's a good idea ATM. But to not get a game with NHL wingers? Why?

And for those who think harping on Lias or Staal is inventing problems or just the fallout of expectations built in ignorance, this gets back to my real disappointment regarding Lias which I've stated since basically his first game with us: that the player the organization sees in Lias is a fourth line player and penalty killer. They think he's a scrub. They think Howden is a gamer. They think Shattenkirk is better paid to play against them than for them. They think Staal is a capable penalty killer and defensive-defenseman. They think Haley is a deterrent. They think Namestnikov is a fringe-NHLer and that Strome is a middle-six forward...

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
kakko needs to have top 6 mins. period.

he needs to be on one of the PP's. given.

andersson needs off the 4th line. obviously.

the howden is a 2C thing is dead. 3/4 C is his probable upside. play him there let him help where he can.

strome can play anywhere from the 2-4C or wing. he wont hurt you. hes a gamer.

chytil needs to be back here. thursday. if not at the 2C then in the top 9 somewhere. hes too talented to not be here.

CK needs to come off the PP. period. hes ineffective and needs to have a lesser role.

smith needs to pay on line 4 and PK D mins.

staal needs no more than 10-14 mins per game and zero PK.

play your most talented players more even if they are young. play your least talented players less. again even if young. play talent. play the plumbers and traffic cones less.

thats a start.

Agree with all your points minus the Chytil point. Chytil is one of our most talented prospects and has tons of tools but not sure throwing him into this mess right now is a good idea. Hartford isn't the complete mess we are used to and having him continue to develop there at both ends of the ice at the center position is what we need long term.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
2018-19: Just call up our prospects. Hartford is not a good environment to develop prospects

2019-20: Just send down our prospects. New York is not a good environment to develop prospects
Kinda sad but true right now. At least keep the ones that have been performing well (along with the team) In Hartford for the time being.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Agree with all your points minus the Chytil point. Chytil is one of our most talented prospects and has tons of tools but not sure throwing him into this mess right now is a good idea. Hartford isn't the complete mess we are used to and having him continue to develop there at both ends of the ice at the center position is what we need long term.

weighed against the revolving door that is howden and strome, i think chytil deserves a chance there.

if he isnt up to the 2C, then hes a top 9 winger on this roster and stays.

hes too talented to be in hartford.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
But it's also worth nothing that, as a rebuilding team, we're not subject to traditional TOI competition. We have to consider what's best for development.
And clearly Quinn, Gorton and JD determined that gifting Kakko top line time, at least for now, is not best for his development. You deem giving him favorable treatment over a vet, despite the fact that he has shown basically nothing, is good for development. Seems management disagrees. Maybe he will do something that will spur them to try.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
And clearly Quinn, Gorton and JD determined that gifting Kakko top line time, at least for now, is not best for his development. You deem giving him favorable treatment over a vet, despite the fact that he has shown basically nothing, is good for development. Seems management disagrees. Maybe he will do something that will spur them to try.

He's literally on the top line tomorrow night.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
kakko needs to play top 6 5v5 mins and PP1 mins.

hes too talented to sit on the bench while the likes of kreider and buchnevich play ahead of him.

the kid is a high end talent even if he is 18 yrs old.

let him play. benching him and giving him 9:30 of ice is a joke. quinn is clueless. enough already.

Reactions: TheGortonConspiracy

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
kakko needs to play top 6 5v5 mins and PP1 mins.
Kakko needs to get his head out of his rear end and actually play like he is trying to accomplish something.
hes too talented to sit on the bench while the likes of kreider and buchnevich play ahead of him.
Kreider is a top line wing in the best league in the world. Let's talk about Kakko deserving to be ahead of him, when he can be thought of as such a player. Buch was given the chance because he showed something last year. Now that he has gone back, mayhaps Kakko gets his chance.
the kid is a high end talent even if he is 18 yrs old.
So what? What good is talent if you have no will to play?
let him play. benching him and giving him 9:30 of ice is a joke. quinn is clueless. enough already.
This is beginning to look like the DeAngelo debates from last year. You were the only genius and Quinn was the idiot. And the lo and behold, DeAngelo had his best year as a pro. Now we are dealing with an 18 year old. And again you are the genius and Quinn is clueless. Judging by track record, I will take Quinn's side on this one.

Reactions: mrmovies779

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Kakko needs to get his head out of his rear end and actually play like he is trying to accomplish something.

Kreider is a top line wing in the best league in the world. Let's talk about Kakko deserving to be ahead of him, when he can be thought of as such a player. Buch was given the chance because he showed something last year. Now that he has gone back, mayhaps Kakko gets his chance.

So what? What good is talent if you have no will to play?

This is beginning to look like the DeAngelo debates from last year. You were the only genius and Quinn was the idiot. And the lo and behold, DeAngelo had his best year as a pro. Now we are dealing with an 18 year old. And again you are the genius and Quinn is clueless. Judging by track record, I will take Quinn's side on this one.

im not so sure quinn is responsible for deangelo for anything buddy. thats comical.

talent is talent. tony needed minutes and some confidence. not a noose around his neck. quinn retared his development. i give Quinn zero credit for tony. none.

quinn playing howden and staal and fast and smith and benching lemme and kakko and deangelo.

anything stand out there ?

the guy is in way over his head.

you kreider love is admirable. its foolish though. hes done nothing. he has less goals than kakko. hes perhaps after staal, the single biggest blight on this team thru 7 games. hes a vet guy who's supposed to be a top line winger. act like one. do something.

kakko

“My goal is to have a leading role,” he said. “I don’t want to hear any talk about how I’m the youngest guy and I need to be given time to get used to the style. I want to be the guy who scores goals and wins games right away.”

sounds like will to me bro.

9:30 mins last night.

quinn=idiot

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
There's also the issue of who those minutes are alongside. I don't care about Lias getting top-6 minutes or even think it's a good idea ATM. But to not get a game with NHL wingers? Why?

And for those who think harping on Lias or Staal is inventing problems or just the fallout of expectations built in ignorance, this gets back to my real disappointment regarding Lias which I've stated since basically his first game with us: that the player the organization sees in Lias is a fourth line player and penalty killer. They think he's a scrub. They think Howden is a gamer. They think Shattenkirk is better paid to play against them than for them. They think Staal is a capable penalty killer and defensive-defenseman. They think Haley is a deterrent. They think Namestnikov is a fringe-NHLer and that Strome is a middle-six forward...

I have often wondered this myself. They have the choice to send him to the A to get big minutes which they did with Chytil. Andersson doesn't need minutes to develop but Chytil does? If the organization has already decided that Andersson is a 4th liner it goes a long way towards explaining his deployment right now.

Also spot on with his linemates.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
quinn=idiot
So let me get this straight. The Golden Prophet of hockey (Deangelo) is solely responsible himself for having his best season as a pro and coaching had NOTHING to do with it? Right. Then why would he not do this in previous organizations? Quinn was responsible for holding him back and eventually through sheer force of his will and his second to none talent, DeAngelo overcame all that to have his best season by far?

Oh, and let’s continue. Your next Golden Child who could do no wrong, Kakko said that he wants to be the main guy. Well that’s it then. He said it so it must be so. Of course. Because he said so but has not shown ANYTHING , Quinn MUST make him THE man. After all, he said so. Hurry up, Quinn. Kakko has spoken and you must do his bidding.

It is rather a miracle that you are not in the management business of some NHL franchise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->