This could be the best or worst (hockey) day of my life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcus-74

Apr 27, 2005
Oh boy, Russia came soooooo close getting Switzerland in the QF, but that Italian ape defenseman(?) :D just had to give that awful pass in the final minutes vs. SUI! Yeah, the lifeless, lame (and darn lucky!) Swedes really deserve that game, eh? And what good did winning all those matches do for Slovakia? They may very well beat the Czechs, but...

Well, the semi-finals is the furthest Team Sweden will likely get. And who knows, maybe there´ll be Salt Lake City pt. II in the store? GO SWITZERLAND GO!

I don´t know about you, but Canada - USA/Sweden final would be a gigantic bore for me! Haven´t we seen enough of those already in this millenium?

Since I´m 100 % sure that Finland will take care of USA (ok, lots of humble pie will be eaten by me if not), the Russia - Canada game is the biggie for me. If it goes to OT or even worse, shootouts, this old heart of mine is not gonna last! So, goodbye to all of you in advance...

It´s gonna be tough since I´m sure Canada will be better than thus far, but Team Russia has the SKILL, will, toughness, SKILL, and also goaltending this time around (and did I mention SKILL?). Let me get Herb Brooks-esque for a moment:"Team Russia; You were meant to be here. This is your time" :D

Not even a miracle will be needed, though. Just Russia´s best performance of the tournament. C-A-R-P-E D-I-E-M

A country that has produced a cutie like the alpine skier Kelly Vanderbeek (why can´t she be mine? :cry: ) can´t be all that bad, but I´m still hoping all the worst for Canada today...

Last edited:

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Hmm, as far as the title of the thread, yeah, same here.

As far as your post, you've got to calm down enough to enjoy the game! This is not a day for pretty faces. If Canada fielded a team of Playboy models, I'd still want Ovechkin & Kaspar to run them over and for every forward on the Russian team to score. And then score a goal. :)

shawn_kemp*

today = most important day of my life

do you guys think I can have white hair at 25?

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
brendadervin said:
As long as you are not going bald everything is just fine and even then still plenty of hockey to go.

I'm wondering if I'm going to end up pulling my hair out and be bald by the time I watch all the hockey.

Would look particularly strange on a me being a younger woman....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad