This Canuck version is boring as hell

nmain37*

I have been a fan of the Canucks for 10 years. I know compared to some I am noob. This version of the Canucks is so lacklustre. I can barely get through these games without switching the channel. Everything just seems so scripted. Watching other teams around the league you see and feel the emotion with every whistle. Fights, hits and scrums. We are just a bunch of robots with no emotion.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
They are making due with what they have, considering the holes they have in their top 6 with Kesler and Booth out. The 2008 team was even more boring, and wasn't a winning team. I'd watch this team over the 2008 version any day.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
theyre playing cynical hockey right now for points, but it wont do them any favours when the intensity picks up next month and they have to flip a switch to a different style of hockey to score goals

also the fanbase should stop blaming columbus, colorado, minnesota et al for boring games and realise its the canucks that are the common conservative denominator

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Most boring team since 2008; though 2008 was a bit more frustrating because we were continuously hoping on reclamation projects and washed up WCE era players to provide some offense.

We at least have some semblance of talent on this team; oh and a whole 2nd line on IR.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
theyre playing cynical hockey right now for points, but it wont do them any favours when the intensity picks up next month and they have to flip a switch to a different style of hockey to score goals

also the fanbase should stop blaming columbus, colorado, minnesota et al for boring games and realise its the canucks that are the common conservative denominator
Those teams are actually boring if you watch their other games. Except for Colorado.

The Canucks are just making it worse with he they are playing but they're a team that has a ton of injuries.

Stonz

Oct 10, 2006
Burnaby, BC
Funny how this team's fan base has become so spoiled in such a short timespan.

The team continues to maintain a spot in the top quarter of the conference despite missing an entire second line, and we've got people moaning about style points.

I'll take the wins, thanks.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Funny how this team's fan base has become so spoiled in such a short timespan.

The team continues to maintain a spot in the top quarter of the conference despite missing an entire second line, and we've got people moaning about style points.

I'll take the wins, thanks.

We're going to make the playoffs regardless. I'll take some entertainment, thanks.

LolClarkson*

I have been a fan of the Canucks for 10 years. I know compared to some I am noob. This version of the Canucks is so lacklustre. I can barely get through these games without switching the channel. Everything just seems so scripted. Watching other teams around the league you see and feel the emotion with every whistle. Fights, hits and scrums. We are just a bunch of robots with no emotion.

We played the same way after we acquired Loungo and made it to the second round with a worse team

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
We're going to make the playoffs regardless. I'll take some entertainment, thanks.

They really won't. Strong defence is winning them games they wouldn't otherwise win. If they didn't win the games, they'd fall out of the playoffs - you'll note that they were on the verge of not being a playoff team when they went defensive to the degree they've gone.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
06 to 08 versions of the team were even worst.
Other the Sedins, there were no offensive talents anywhere else.

This one, other than the Sedins, has Raymond and Hansen
At least with this version, they can score 5 once in a while.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
06 to 08 versions of the team were even worst.
Other the Sedins, there were no offensive talents anywhere else.

This one, other than the Sedins, has Raymond and Hansen
At least with this version, they can score 5 once in a while.

Not to mention that there's 4 defencemen who can score 30+ points on this team.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
and to think we were the highest scoring team 2 years ago

makes me sick how far we done fell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad