Speculation: This 20-21 Penguins team misses the playoffs... UPDATE - WRONG

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
If we’re out at the deadline you gotta blow it up. Malkin, Letang, can probably recoup some 1sts and a prospect or 2 for them. Bullshit like ZAR & Sceviour can get you late picks.
Agreed. Only so much time left before those two very likely hang 'em up, and the longer you wait to blow things up the longer the rebuild is going to take.

Gives them a shot at one last Cup before they're done too.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I am going to CONSTANTLY rub this shit into everyone’s face who early on in the thread said so much dumb shit :)
did we miss the playoffs already? Damn. I mean, you may be right, but its a bit premature to rub it in anybody's face :laugh: Pens started the 2016 season 0-3. That turned out pretty well :nod:
If we’re out at the deadline you gotta blow it up. Malkin, Letang, can probably recoup some 1sts and a prospect or 2 for them. Bullshit like ZAR & Sceviour can get you late picks.
Unless Geno wants out he deserves the right to go down with the ship along with Sid for as long as he wants to be here.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I seriously hope the influence of Reirden & Vellucci is starting to show up in that 3rd game going forward. The usage of Riikola was nice, it was actually nice to see that happen. Now I don't know if Sullivan suddenly calls up Czuz..whatever the f*** his name is, to play him in a regular game (that would be f***ing awful) or just to keep an extra D on the Taxi Squad for bodies since Matheson's injury is a little more long term.

I just want them to be a little more creative with the top 6.

I think this is the one time, Sullivan can utilize is 2 pair system with the 3rd line. Tanev-Jankowski works, that means you can swap McCann out.

I'd like to see...

Guentzel, Crosby, Kapanen
McCann, Malkin, Zucker
Tanev, Jankowski, Rust
Rodrigues, Blueger, Sceviour - I'm so sorry Blue, you're still my boy...

I actually really hope Sullivan's hard on for O'Connor means he gets in for the next game. I would absolutely love to see O'Connor-Blueger-Rodrigues/Sceviour. It's the one time I'd be ok seeing a kid thrown in on the 4th line to ease him in as Blueger has been fantastic and deserves someone with better hands.

Jarry looked rusty, but it wasn't because his game is shit, his timing looked off, he was moving fine but he just looked like he wasn't in any sort of rhythm which is better than whatever Murray used to battle with, with Muzz it always felt like an injury then he'd be out because he was hurt somehow. Jarry's issues seem like he's over anticipating on some shots and then slow to react on others, that's purely timing to me and I have absolutely zero issues in him rebounding soon.

The defense, f*** me...Dumoulin is god awful and Letang is either trying to suck even worse so his pal doesn't feel bad or he's also just as bad right now. But that duo needs to be swapped, it's time to split them and try Pettersson there and hope his good couple of games rubs off on Letang and maybe Marino can make Dumoulin look less stupid.

I'd love to see Riikola-Ruhwedel as a pair for a couple of more games before they attempt to throw Ceci back out there.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I really like the idea of McCann-Malkin-Zucker, both are shooters, both will shoot, so all Geno needs to do is figure his shit out and pass them the puck, Zucker looked great on the RW with Sid, I believe his 2 goals vs the Habs were from his off wing, so he doesn't look uncomfortable there, he looked better on the RW than McCann.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Those are some massive nostrils. Kuznetsov wishes.
dWor34C.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad