GDT: Third Time's A Charm Game|Jackets vs Lightning|Round 1 Game 3|7:00 4-14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
I’ve not seen any info on this but it looks like Alex Killorn left in the 3rd after an injury and didn’t return. Just another thing to add to the list for the Bolts. Nibdoy seems to have talked about it after the game.
A shame for Tampa as he was really one of the few bright spots for them this game. Brought a lot of energy to the game, especially in the 3rd

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I never get envious on any level but those who witnessed the game in the NWA last night: wish I could be there myself. I'd even grab one of those American beers to get into the right mood. Not Coors light or Bud though.

I hope the good guys finish the job tomorrow and get some well deserved rest.
They have Canadian and Mexican beer there too

Reactions: Madifer

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
The handwringing from some in the media and some posters is amusing.

I haven't enjoyed a post season so much in years. :popcorn:
There is one Lightning fan who has already started the narrative that Tampa is losing due to clutch/grab trap hockey from the lower seed. Basically we are the 96 Panthers to their Penguins so to speak.

No playboi, you are losing because all that passing and possession is leading to loafer shots from the perimeter with barely any traffic in front of the net. Also, the Jackets are playing the disciplined hockey they have been playing all season, so Tampa's powerplay has not run roughshod over us like they did to the league this year

Also, while Tampa had one of the best seasons ever, the CBJ are not your usual 8th seed either. How many 8 seeds have had 47 wins and 98 points? And 5 legitimate all stars?

Reactions: GoJackets1

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Really shocked (well actually, I shouldn’t be) how the national narrative is that Tampa is still going to come back in this series. It’s all the SiriusXM guys have talked about. And how it’s more Tampa self destructing, yada yada. Do these guys even watch the games?

Both Cooper and Tyler Johnson mentioned in their post-game interviews that it was hard to believe they didn't have a man advantage the entire game. So yeah, whatever helps you feel better.

Yeah I was kinda surprised on the way into work today to hear the NHL SirusXM morning crew saying the way Tampa played the 3rd period has them thinking they'll be storming back to win this series.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't like our 3rd period "prevent" style of play, but we weathered their best shots. We just have to continue to play our game plan of keeping them in our pace, the puck in their end with a relentless forecheck and we'll be fine.

Also helps our power play has suddenly came to life and is 4/8 in this series..

Last edited:

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Let me be clear: Wennberg sucks and is a disgrace as a North American hockey player. He plays with no heart and no passion. To him it is all a technical operation of passing the puck between dots. He is the antithesis of what it means to be a hockey player in North America. He is Euro thru and thru.
Grapes?? Is this you???:laugh:

Inquiring Minds

Jul 12, 2007
Grandview, Ohio
Yeah I was kinda surprised on the way into work today to hear the NHL SirusXM morning crew saying the way Tampa played the 3rd period has them thinking they'll be storming back to win this series...
And the way TBL played in the 3rd period yielded them exactly how many goals?
It couldn't win them a period, and it's going to win them four games in a row?

SerusXM is just trying to figure out what scheduling they are going to use to fill three games of open space

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
And the way TBL played in the 3rd period yielded them exactly how many goals?
It couldn't win them a period, and it's going to win them four games in a row?

SerusXM is just trying to figure out what scheduling they are going to use to fill three games of open space

This time we did yes. As I said we weathered the storm... but with Kucherov back in the mix on Tuesday I'd prefer to stick to the style that has built us this series lead... a relentless forecheck.

Letting Tampa have the majority of the possession and frankly starting to tee off on us a bit, does not equal success for us more times than not.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
This time we did yes. As I said we weathered the storm... but with Kucherov back in the mix on Tuesday I'd prefer to stick to the style that has built us this series lead... a relentless forecheck.

Letting Tampa have the majority of the possession and frankly starting to tee off on us a bit, does not equal success for us more times than not.

Imo that is only part of the style...the jackets have relentlessly checked all over the ice, avoided odd man rushes for the most part, got stellar goal tending, avoided the box, and stuck to the Lightning like white on rice. In short they have done about anything and everything a team needs to do in order to win in the playoffs.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Imo that is only part of the style...the jackets have relentlessly checked all over the ice, avoided odd man rushes for the most part, got stellar goal tending, avoided the box, and stuck to the Lightning like white on rice. In short they have done about anything and everything a team needs to do in order to win in the playoffs.

Sure, and if they continue to do the other stuff they'll be in good shape.

But getting away from a tight forecheck gives the 3rd period we had last night, and again I think we can all agree we lose from that type of play more often the not.

It all starts with the forecheck. The rest is needed but pretty much falls in line after, with the outlier being goaltending.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
That was just such a *****ebag move by Stamkos. I used to like him. Now I just think he’s a little *****.

I literally think he just doesn't know. If a guy like Callahan (who's had some playoff success and is a respected vet) comes in the lineup and plays the role of "vet leader" by insinuating himself into every scrum and taking penalties with his physicality, then Stamkos probably thinks that's what he should do. That, combined with his likely frustration, and you get dbag stuff like that.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I literally think he just doesn't know. If a guy like Callahan (who's had some playoff success and is a respected vet) comes in the lineup and plays the role of "vet leader" by insinuating himself into every scrum and taking penalties with his physicality, then Stamkos probably thinks that's what he should do. That, combined with his likely frustration, and you get dbag stuff like that.
Yeah he has no clue what to do now. He’s totally lost.

Mar 1, 2002
Let me be clear: Wennberg sucks and is a disgrace as a North American hockey player. He plays with no heart and no passion. To him it is all a technical operation of passing the puck between dots. He is the antithesis of what it means to be a hockey player in North America. He is Euro thru and thru.

Sounds like you are describing Sonny Milano.

GTFO with this Euro crap.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
There is one Lightning fan who has already started the narrative that Tampa is losing due to clutch/grab trap hockey from the lower seed. Basically we are the 96 Panthers to their Penguins so to speak.

No playboi, you are losing because all that passing and possession is leading to loafer shots from the perimeter with barely any traffic in front of the net. Also, the Jackets are playing the disciplined hockey they have been playing all season, so Tampa's powerplay has not run roughshod over us like they did to the league this year

Also, while Tampa had one of the best seasons ever, the CBJ are not your usual 8th seed either. How many 8 seeds have had 47 wins and 98 points? And 5 legitimate all stars?
Interesting they'd go down that rabbit hole. No question we're playing a version of the trap, but I don't see the clutching and grabbing used by many teams who employ it (Boston is among the worst offenders). What we are doing is playing a solid trap and winning more battles on the boards (along with delivering a good offensive game).

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Four in a row against the same team, though, is a different story. It's why it's only happened like 4 times, ever. I get being cautious, though.

Yeah, last year we almost took Washington to this same spot and they did beat us 4 in a row. This series is far from over. We're doing what we need to do and we've had a lot of players elevate their game.

If we continue to play the same type of team defense/counter style it will be hard for them to put together a winning streak. If we get out of our game and start trading chances we could see this lead disappear quickly.

Looking forward to seeing how we respond on Tuesday. Great learning experience for the players. We kind of forget how young this team is.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Love how the narrative has now changed to, “well Boston is going to kill them in the second round” lmfao never change HF mains
Honestly Ive said here before when people were saying our team sucked and we werent going to even make it that only 2 east teams scare me Boston and TB and Boston not only because they are a good team with people who have been in the playoffs plenty of time but we have an amazing road record but from what I can remember always shit the bed in Boston. IMO beating TB the first 2 didnt surprise me because we came in hot and they had been locked in at 1 for a while and we are road warriors. But Boston seems to have have our number at TD garden i think its called these days.

Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors, Natty, The Beast
It's all filth I wouldn't be caught dead drinking.
The beast is that milwaukee's best? Skunkiest shit I ever let myself drink. When your 17 and dont know whats good just trying not to get carded you grab what you can and hope for the best. We were Natty lite 24pk for something stupid like $11 or the Miller high life cube of 30 for $13 If we wanted those extra 6 really bad haha
Also, Nicky's eyes...

The first thing I saw was his eyes after that punch. I swear Foligno is the most underrated badass in the league. He isnt someone who goes looking for it but qhen he needs too he does and when he does its a 85% chance he whoops your ass, 10% its close to a draw but he gets in shots that let you know dont f*** with him and 5% chance he will lose his balance and go down first. Notice I didnt say lose because Ive never seen a punch knock him down. Now its extremely likely one has and I missed it but to my knowledge any fight he lost a good portion of it is from grip or balance.

People on the main boards before the series started said something like what are the cbj going to do Foligno doesnt intimidate anyone. Tell that to the bolts Capt who wouldnt do shit until 1 ref had an arm and johnson had the other. Stamkos doesnt have the balls to drop them and if he does I for Stamkos's future hope the refs get in quick because Fligs will concuss the shit out of him.

Honestly it doesnt make sense but the Bolts honestly are better without those 2. They both seem like guys who cant handle the pressure. Kuch was being knocked on his ass all night that last game and was slashing guys behind the play to guys who did nothing to him just because they wouldnt call ticky tac shit and it finally caught up to him when he was sone playing and wanted to take his ball and go home and they wouldnt send him off the ice he made them.

Hedman is a big boy but watch game 2 when Anderson had him. Despite Hedman being the larger guy and the one that kinda instigated the scrum you could see once Anderson got pissed he wantes nothing to do with it. And we are all kinda thinking about Stamkos and the sucker punch we are forgetting we owe Kuch for the hit that Im assuming knocked Nuti out the last game. Fligs got to him fast but he turtled like the little minuscule petty micro dicked bitch he is qnd wanted nothing to do with his actions having consequences. If we get back Quaider Id love to see him get one of the guys and drop them. A #6D for any of the 3 named is an amazing trade off that hurts us 0, gives us momentum for repaying the garbage, and hopfully being the cherry on top of the most epic moment in cbj history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->