World Cup: Third-Place Play-off: Belgium vs. England, 7/14/2018

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Englands D looks like West Ham under Allardyce. Slowing it down, a few alibi passes and then starting to panic and hoof it.. Yikes.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Is this the two teams in the tournament with the least embellishment, or is it just the game?

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Is this the two teams in the tournament with the least embellishment, or is it just the game?

It's the game.

Although it would be correct to say that England are the only team in the tournament who don't dive, whose players shower properly, use the right toothpaste, help old ladies cross the street, and rescue dishevelled orphans from packs of hungry wolves.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
It strange to see how many shots on goal are being thwarted by the attacker not being able to get the ball off in time. Not only in this game.

Reactions: Stray Wasp

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Dear England,

I know it's tough that football is not coming home, but giving yourself up after 35min. into the game is ****ing crap.
I hope Southgate has a few words..

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
It's the game.

Although it would be correct to say that England are the only team in the tournament who don't dive, whose players shower properly, use the right toothpaste, help old ladies cross the street, and rescue dishevelled orphans from packs of hungry wolves.

Please, Kane and Maguire have definitely pushed one or two old ladies into the street for the bantz

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Belgium's goal was one of the nicer fast breaks of the tournament. Wish the Raptors did it as well.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Can't play a pass to save his life, though.
I disagree. He's not going to wow anyone with his ball playing abilities, but he can be relied on to make short and safe passes when needed. He's best paired with some players who are better with the ball than he is and will complement his strengths.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Maguire can struggle with quick passing I guess. But give him some time on the ball and he will find his options. Can make some nice splitting passes.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
People complain but then still watch it. The way I see it, after this and the Final there's almost 2 years before international tournament football and a good month without interesting football of any type, so we may as well enjoy it while it lasts.

Also Germany always seem to win this when we play in it, because if Germany is in it, it actually is seen as a game we should win.
The Gold Cup is offended

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->