Third Jersey returning for 2018-19

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'm glad. Now if only they could make the cannons the main jerseys. The stars and stripes (what most non-Ohioans think our main jerseys are supposed to be about) is not a good ambassador for the club. If anything I think the club should take a cue from Vegas and go for something even more evocative of a Blue Jacket soldier.

Yes, I know, there's no consensus on this.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I hope they will wear new blue trousers, the old one looked faded in last season already and didn't match the jersey color.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
I'm very ok with this.....very clean, traditional look.
Already one of the best thirds in the league, why change it? Just for the sake of change?

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
I missed these when they were gone. I much prefer the cannon logo to the primary logo, and I like the color scheme. I'm also glad they changed the font, but I was hoping for something different from the primary jersey font. It's an improvement, I guess, but a different font could have made the third jerseys stand out even more.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
For me, the time of the debut of the 3rd was the low point of the organization. I love the 3rd, but man those were bad times!!

This were the best players of the time. :whaaa?:

groupfulluniformrelease.jpg

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Typical Blue Jackets , they should have made the 3rds their primary jersey , and pushed something exciting , to usher in a new era of hockey led by Seth Jones , Werenski, Pld . But just like our roster strategy , we can’t be flashy, the growth must come within :laugh:[/GALLERY]

Attachments

• F1B0AF90-BFE1-4704-A7CB-C5650EA63FAD.png
    F1B0AF90-BFE1-4704-A7CB-C5650EA63FAD.png
    496 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Reactions: CarolinaBlueJacket

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Typical Blue Jackets , they should have made the 3rds their primary jersey , and pushed something exciting , to usher in a new era of hockey led by Seth Jones , Werenski, Pld . But just like our roster strategy , we can’t be flashy, the growth must come within :laugh:[/GALLERY]

I’m just the opposite - the primary is distinctive and the thirds look like pajamas.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Someone had created a red home jersey with Letestus number with white and blue stripes across the middle. The away was similar but white of course. I am to lazy to look them up but those were always my favorite. No stars on the sleeves, very little piping, just very simple but classic. I would actually buy both of them.
Or perhaps they could put a large penis in a wheelchair on the crest?? I mean, come on guys, is nobody thinking?? You seriously created a mascot that looks like a penis when you are already known as the BJs? What's next? Have a Pens fan ride the zamboni? Man those were dark days.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Someone had created a red home jersey with Letestus number with white and blue stripes across the middle. The away was similar but white of course. I am to lazy to look them up but those were always my favorite. No stars on the sleeves, very little piping, just very simple but classic. I would actually buy both of them.
Or perhaps they could put a large penis in a wheelchair on the crest?? I mean, come on guys, is nobody thinking?? You seriously created a mascot that looks like a penis when you are already known as the BJs? What's next? Have a Pens fan ride the zamboni? Man those were dark days.
#bringbackboomer.......:D

Reactions: thebus88

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Yep:

“The Columbus BLUE Jackets have a specific shade of blue that the team uses for their primary jersey - it’s a union blue, the same shade used by the Union Army in the Civil War, and it’s only where the name of the team comes from.”

The Columbus Blue Jackets Third Jersey is Coming Back, And It Is Actually Bad
I don't have any real problems with the jerseys, they're fine, they just feel lazy to me. I don't know if that's the right word but I just feel like they could have done so much better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->