Third best player on the Rangers

3rd best player on the Rangers?

• Total voters

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I read the poll as who “has been” so far this season to get the Rangers to this point so voted ADA. Going forward it must be Shesterkin.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

mti79

May 11, 2007
DeAngelo's only 1pt from tying Kreider's career high in points, in 10 less games; as a defenseman lol

Yes, he's having a great season. Can he do it every year? I didn't answer it as a one year assessment. Can Tony become the 3rd best player on this team? Yes. Is he there yet? In my opinion, no.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
It’s between Shesty, Tony and Foxy. Kreider deserves all the credit in the world for what he does, but he isn’t as talented and won’t make as much of a difference to our success as the other three.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
You know after letting it sink in....we have some pile of talent moving forward . Imagine if K'Andre and Kravs & Barron prove out plus Lundkvist along with KK and Chytil .....and add in NHL regulars like Panarin, Mika,Kreider,Buchnevich,Fox,Tony,Igor,and maybe just maybe Gauthier ! Plus that leaves out 56 million dollar Trouba . I sure hope Gorton is up for this task of handling all these assets and getting the contracts and dollars figured out . We could end up like the Hawks and win a Cup and then have to move guys out like they did after their first win ....but they also won 2 more after that . The future looks bright . BTW...picked ADA in the poll .

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Torn between ADA and Fox. Better player right now would be ADA, but Fox is younger and has more upside (not to mention two-way game and discipline).

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I put Igor because I more or less have changed my mind about Alex and him since he was recalled. Not to get me wrong Alex is an excellent young goalie but Igor is better. I'm convinced now that Igor could be an elite goalie in this league.

This is about as far as I'm going to go with this kind of survey though--at least not without Kakko in it. He's the other guy I expect is going to be an elite player. Our right side D are all excellent players but they also have different functions. To be honest though the way Fox plays as a 21 year old rookie is pretty stunning. It's not just offense either. He is our smartest defensive defenseman.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
You know after letting it sink in....we have some pile of talent moving forward . Imagine if K'Andre and Kravs & Barron prove out plus Lundkvist along with KK and Chytil .....and add in NHL regulars like Panarin, Mika,Kreider,Buchnevich,Fox,Tony,Igor,and maybe just maybe Gauthier ! Plus that leaves out 56 million dollar Trouba . I sure hope Gorton is up for this task of handling all these assets and getting the contracts and dollars figured out . We could end up like the Hawks and win a Cup and then have to move guys out like they did after their first win ....but they also won 2 more after that . The future looks bright . BTW...picked ADA in the poll .

I keep preaching cap b/c I agree. Ton of talent so figuring out the dollars is on,y easier if we don’t tie up a ton today. And yes, I’m thinking Kreider.

Reactions: leetch99

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
24 year old defenseman DeAngelo is going to pass Kreider's career best numbers by a decent amount and people think Kreider is the better player, yikes.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
24 year old defenseman DeAngelo is going to pass Kreider's career best numbers by a decent amount and people think Kreider is the better player, yikes.
By no objective measure is Kreider better than DeAngelo, I think it’s mostly an emotional attachment to one of the few remaining home grown talents left from the old core

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad