Thinking out loud -- a possible side benefit from Sid and Geno on the same line?

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
One thing has been pretty obvious to me these playoffs compared to years past.

When other teams try **** after the whistle against Sid and Malkin, they are clearly not getting sucked into extra curricular activities like years past where they'd end up in the penalty box or cause the team to self destruct. Just thought it was interesting since the coaching staff must've drilled this into them....

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
One thing has been pretty obvious to me these playoffs compared to years past.

When other teams try **** after the whistle against Sid and Malkin, they are clearly not getting sucked into extra curricular activities like years past where they'd end up in the penalty box or cause the team to self destruct. Just thought it was interesting since the coaching staff must've drilled this into them....

Did you watch the game tonight?

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Talbot definitely did. He doesn't morph into Ryan Malone lite, and no way the Pens win the cup (or beat Washington).
The Pens are a different team now though. When you have only two players down low and then that F3 way up high... those two down low NEED to be able to skate with the puck and and make plays.

If Malkin and Sid do stay together the third wheel needs to be Dupuis... not Kunitz. Kunitz is a his best when he can bang and crash down low and get around the net.

Another benefit from them playing together is that now the players targeted in trades need to fit 2nd line duty. They're more gettable.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I still don't like it.... But I might hate the alternative more, as DB is apparently unable to conceive of more than one alternative.

I don't like it either. And it's less effective every game. But then he rolls out his 'one alternative' and that's even worse ... so, yeah, I'm there with you on this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad