Thinking of doing a fantasy draft...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Burke

Barnaby3636 said:
I think that it should be a 65-75 million $ Cap

That really isn't much of a restriction, IMO. There almost might as well not be a cap if it's THAT high.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I say anything between $50-55 million is fair. Where are we going to get the salaries for the players, NHLPA.com? Is this going to be an NHL-only league...no incoming draft picks (Ovechkin, Malkin, etc.)? I've never done a salary mock draft before...I hope this works out.

Jon Burke

Shoalzie said:
I say anything between $50-55 million is fair. Where are we going to get the salaries for the players, NHLPA.com? Is this going to be an NHL-only league...no incoming draft picks (Ovechkin, Malkin, etc.)? I've never done a salary mock draft before...I hope this works out.

OK, the cap will be $50 million. No, it won't involve upcoming draft picks or anyone who has not played in the NHL because that's just too confusing in terms of player salaries. So, yes, it is an NHL-only league. The salaries will be according to NHLPA.com.

Fleuryfan29

Apr 1, 2004
Barrie, Ontario
www.freewebs.com
Danrik said:
OK, the cap will be $50 million. No, it won't involve upcoming draft picks or anyone who has not played in the NHL because that's just too confusing in terms of player salaries. So, yes, it is an NHL-only league. The salaries will be according to NHLPA.com.

Rookies could all be $1 million each!!!

Jon Burke

Fleuryfan29 said:
Rookies could all be $1 million each!!!

That's a possibility. If a bunch of people want to be able to draft rookies like Ovechkin or Malkin, then I guess we could. I have my reservations though.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
You've got to think about guys like Kari Lehtonen also. I don't believe his contract is on NHLPA's site. You should make a price for 1st round picks that haven't played in the NHL yet. Have different values for each round. $1.5 million for 1st rounders, $1 million for 2nd rounders, $750K for 3rd rounders and so on. You need to figure out a price for those guys that won't have their salaries posted on the site. Can't forget about AHL players also...I can't imagine many of them are on the site either. Just laying that out so we don't have problems during the draft. If you want a guy to keep track of salaries, I can help.

Jon Burke

Shoalzie said:
You've got to think about guys like Kari Lehtonen also. I don't believe his contract is on NHLPA's site. You should make a price for 1st round picks that haven't played in the NHL yet. Have different values for each round. $1.5 million for 1st rounders, $1 million for 2nd rounders, $750K for 3rd rounders and so on. You need to figure out a price for those guys that won't have their salaries posted on the site. Can't forget about AHL players also...I can't imagine many of them are on the site either. Just laying that out so we don't have problems during the draft. If you want a guy to keep track of salaries, I can help.

Good idea, but I think that your numbers are a little high. How about:

1st round draft pick (i.e. Lehtonen, Phaneuf) - $1 million
2nd round draft pick - $800,000
3rd round draft pick - $600,000
4th round draft pick - $400,000
5th round draft pick or lower - $250,000
AHLers (someone undrafted or signed away from original team as a free agent i.e. Kiel McLeod or Peter Sejna) - $250,000

No undrafted players (i.e. Ovechkin). Sorry. There are other fantasy drafts for that.

LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

May 15, 2003
Visit site
Guys like Lehtonen's salary will be on the NHLPA site when they are with the big club...but until then they are not. When players are sent down they take them off the site.

Jon Burke

I made up a word document with the official rules and regulations typed up. I'll attach it so everyone has a hard copy rather than just a bunch of rules scattered throughout this thread. Besides, I keep changing my mind... :D

Fleuryfan29

Apr 1, 2004
Barrie, Ontario
www.freewebs.com
Danrik said:
Should we make this draft worth something? I.E. Compile the stats (goals, points) and figure out who would be the best team? Do some polls? that sort of a thing? Or should it be "just for fun"...

Polls and stats would be fun, I like that idea as well.
Lets get started!!!

Jon Burke

Fleuryfan29 said:
I like it too, but What do you mean I have to make 2 picks at once?

**I can't believe nobody has taken Washington yet!

You're running Pittsburgh and Columbus right, so let's just say you win the lottery. Therefore, Pittsburgh will pick 1st overall and Columbus 2nd overall. The draft order will be designed so that people have both their teams picking back-to-back in the draft.

We need one more GM before we get this thing started... Let's go people...

Jon Burke

Brad Coccimiglio said:
Assuming you still need another GM, I'll take whatever two teams that are left whic I think are Washington and the New York Islanders.

We do. Good to have you aboard.

I'll do a random draft order and post it up shortly.

Jon Burke

A new thread is up and running for you to make your selections in. The draft will start as soon as Barnaby3636 is ready.

Fleuryfan29

Apr 1, 2004
Barrie, Ontario
www.freewebs.com
Danrik said:
You're running Pittsburgh and Columbus right, so let's just say you win the lottery. Therefore, Pittsburgh will pick 1st overall and Columbus 2nd overall. The draft order will be designed so that people have both their teams picking back-to-back in the draft.

We need one more GM before we get this thing started... Let's go people...

Yeah I understood after I wrote this, So now I know and Iam really excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad