Things you Hated

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDaddy TLC*

I can't say I hate anything on that list other than Nick Kypreos.

I hated what happened to Norm Leveille.
I hated what happened to Pelle Lindbergh
I hated what happened to Michel Briere
I hated what happened to Tim Horton
what happened to Bill Barilko, Steve Chiasson, Dmitri Tertyshny.

What you listed for the most part (exception being Winnipeg having to go through the loss of a team they really shouldn't have had in the first place) are all just things that make hockey the great game that it is. All the colourful characters, with their faults, but their enthusiasm.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Hull's '96 World Cup Illegal goal that killed Canada with 3:18 remaining. (Ok, ok it was eight years ago and we've mopped the floor with them every time since, but still!)

Lindros hitting the post in the shootout vs. the Czechs in Nagano and Hasek not even knowing what happened and then acting like he made the save!

- Nik Antropov
- almost everything Jeremy Roenick does
- Matthew Barnaby

nckd

Jun 16, 2004
NY
I vote for annoying arena music, too. Even worse is the stupid games played during breaks in play. The kiss-cam, guys dancing badly for a chance at a $20 gift certificate -- all that stuff that seems to be borrowed from inning breaks at baseball games.

I'd throw dancing girls in tight outfits in there, too, just because they look ridiculous trying to do cheerleading moves on arena steps. Of course, they're clearly not there to entertain those of us not interested in other women's breasts.

Can't hate on Tom Barrasso. He doesn't have a real winning personality, and he was never one of my favorite players. But I always got the impression he had more issues than anyone was willing to talk about.

jacketracket*

I'd go with all the team re-locations. Passionate fans losing their teams....

A few more to add to this list:

1. TV timeouts. Hate, hate, hate them. Momentum killers.

2. The noticeable decline in good hitting. Used to be whan certain teams were coming to town you knew there were going to be be good, hard, clean checks all over the place. Now? I'll go 3 or 4 games in row before I see one good hit.

3. Ridiculous music at every stoppage in play. Wish Reg Dunlop would go up to the DJ booth or whatever is is and threaten the guy if he ever plays 2 Unlimited ever again.

4. The Wave. Sit Down.

5. People who read books at the game. Stay home.

6. People who listen to their radios at the game. You're sitting right there... you need someone to describe what you're seeing in person with your own eyes!?!

7. Boards and glass that doesn't rattle enough. Is it too much to ask?

8. Between period interviews. Absolutely pointless waste of time.

9. Player cliches. Either be funny, interesting, insulting to your opponents or shut up.

And finally 10. Players with the puck, skating up the ice on an open wing, under no pressure, who dump it in the corner. As far as I'm concerned this is the equivalent of an on ice-cliche. Doesn't risk anything, doesn't force the defenceman to stop you, doesn't make the goalie make a save and bores the hell out of anyone unfortunate enough to see it.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
KOVALEV10 said:
Ya but Kovalev was MTL's best player in the playoffs and in round 1 of the entire playoffs he was also the best player along with Sakic and someone else. Oh and Im glad kovalev redeemed himself in the next game with 2 goals and 1 assists performance :) cuz u only had to be in MTL to know how much the fans were pissed at him.

What does that have to do with him blowing a play because his hand was hurt.

Bob Baun played on a broken leg. Kovalev didn't play on what might have left a bruise...

Kravitch

Hasbro said:
  • Jim Belushi: Doesn't do much for the image of us hockey fans

Not to mention his advice blows!

He tells his TV brother while watching a game "You don't follow the puck you follow the player!"

BULLS*IT! I've been following the puck more than the players for years and thats the only way I watch the damn game. UP YOURS JIM, YOU'RE NOT HALF THE MAN YOU'RE BROTHER WAS! :p:

( :help: )

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Out of the things listed I went with the 3rd Jerseys. Add the ******** commercial with Michelle Quan and Kristi Yamaguchi in last years playoffs.

Youreallygotme

Aug 21, 2003
Kelowna BC
overexpansion
half empty buildings
that guy who attacked Tie Domi in the penalty box acting like a hero and acting all tough, And then the bizarre lawsuit with no basis at all. I mean, I dislike Domi and all, but :shakehead
The Trap
The way mark messier and Mike Keenan joined and ruined the canucks
Lockouts
how Heatley is the innocent hero who never did anything criminal :shakehead
The inconclusive goal in the finals that was said out to be in for sure
boring games

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
#66 said:
  • Gary Bettman
  • Kerry Frasers hair
  • Dale Puritin backing down from Eric Cariens (pukes)
  • Peter Nedveds St. Louis contract
  • Fox trax
  • One piece sticks
  • Division and confrence name changes
  • Slap Shot 2
  • 4-3 Overtime PP

This is pretty close to my list, as well. Add third jerseys (or better yet, get RID of them!), and that's about it.

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
Malefic74 said:
A few more to add to this list:

1. TV timeouts. Hate, hate, hate them. Momentum killers.

2. The noticeable decline in good hitting. Used to be whan certain teams were coming to town you knew there were going to be be good, hard, clean checks all over the place. Now? I'll go 3 or 4 games in row before I see one good hit.

3. Ridiculous music at every stoppage in play. Wish Reg Dunlop would go up to the DJ booth or whatever is is and threaten the guy if he ever plays 2 Unlimited ever again.

4. The Wave. Sit Down.

5. People who read books at the game. Stay home.

6. People who listen to their radios at the game. You're sitting right there... you need someone to describe what you're seeing in person with your own eyes!?!

7. Boards and glass that doesn't rattle enough. Is it too much to ask?

8. Between period interviews. Absolutely pointless waste of time.

9. Player cliches. Either be funny, interesting, insulting to your opponents or shut up.

And finally 10. Players with the puck, skating up the ice on an open wing, under no pressure, who dump it in the corner. As far as I'm concerned this is the equivalent of an on ice-cliche. Doesn't risk anything, doesn't force the defenceman to stop you, doesn't make the goalie make a save and bores the hell out of anyone unfortunate enough to see it.

OK, THESE make my list complete! Good calls! Especially #10. This is the equivalent of a basketball player crossing the halfcourt line, not seeing any teammates with him, and throwing the ball out-of-bounds. Or a quarterback just fumbling on purpose because he didn't "see any play". WTF? MAKE a play! DO something with the puck besides give it to the other team! Circle back and start over! Sigh....

Jacques Plante

Aug 29, 2004
Montreal--Downtown
I voted for Glen Healey & Nick Kypreos . Both of these guys are absolute boneheads.

Kypreos was nothing but a goon. His Hockey insight is terrible.

Healey's just taken too many pucks in the head.

They're both Maple Leaf biased, IMO.

HabsRenegade

This is fine
Nov 8, 2004
Montreal
Nordiques Going To Colorado...

:cry:

And Winning The Cup The First Year!!!

:banghead:

And I Hate The Ex-Nordiques Fans That Will Never Stop Hating Canadiens...

:mad:

Last edited:

Kravitch

I hate it when everytime the Canucks do well in the playoffs it in a year when their not supopse to do well. :mad:

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
- Crappy music at the arena
- TV timeouts
- Interview cliches
- The Legion of Doom
- The Ottawa Senators for always losing to the Leafs in the playoffs
- Rejean Houle and Mario Tremblay - who the hell thought of that combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->