Things to look forward to in the second half

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
We don’t have much, but here’s what I got

- Can Zadina get to 20 goals? Probably unlikely but a few multi goal games changes things. Mantha possibly being done for the year helps.

- Does Seider burn a year of his ELC?

Ratatoskr

May 27, 2004
Germany
We don’t have much, but here’s what I got

- Can Zadina get to 20 goals? Probably unlikely but a few multi goal games changes things. Mantha possibly being done for the year helps.

- Does Seider burn a year of his ELC?
Certainly not. To what end? He might get his 9 game stint, but I don't see any reason to call him up for more.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Certainly not. To what end? He might get his 9 game stint, but I don't see any reason to call him up for more.

Contract implications. If you burn year one of his contract, you do so with the intent of getting to his second contract negotiation before he has a chance to build a big resume and commands more money.

Northwing19

Apr 9, 2018
I can see zadina getting around 20, as for seider, he will get his 9 games after the deadline. No point in burning a year when the team is historically bad.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
I can see zadina getting around 20, as for seider, he will get his 9 games after the deadline. No point in burning a year when the team is historically bad.

like hen kolland said, teams have started doing this for cheaper second contracts.

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
It seems incredibly likely that Seider will make next years team out of camp, so being able to negotiate with him a year early has benefits. Otherwise, you’re looking at him possibly getting his second contract with another full year of data to bring to the table.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
theres been allkinds of good things about redwings all season for non cry babys . ive enjoyed heck out of this season seeing the gunsmoke line become a top 20 nhl unit . tuzzi-larkin-mantha have all become top 100 nhlers , larkin an excellent two way centerman that can haul mail and hound any opponant center . tuzzi also an excellent 200' playerwith high hockey iq and scrappiness . manthas become a rugged powerforward with lethal shot . yzerman made a GREAT trade for robbie fabs whose a serious o zone weapon and another high iq hockey player . now zadinas found himself and looking to become a deadly sniper ands hustling like crazy . and finally have a legit top 4 offensive dman in hronek thats also got ruggedness to him . nemeth was a good signing for a rugged stay at home guy that could be around long term . then theres seider thats looking to be a top pair elite dman ands another rugged hockey player that weve not had in ages . velenos already shown to be a good wheeled power skater and strong in circle , now in my eyes hes starting to show signs of higher offensive talent . then theres ras'mountain who you can see is physically maturing and getting closer to his adult level of strength which is a scary thing as hes like a mountain man that bulldozes people , the injury has delayed it becoming obvious that hes going to be a wrecking ball . theres also mcissac coming off injury but was still chosen by team canada so its looking like weve actually got 3 legit dman finally and who knows what else yzermans got going with tuomisty and johanson . this is the first time in ages redwings future looks bright after we spent over a decade with no good young players being developed . and now we might get PICK #1 . last but not least STEVE F YZERMAN is our gm , im am STOKED with everything thats gone on this past redwings year .

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
There is definitely enough young players to follow.

This Perlini guy has to be sent down. He has some creative plays, but he does not get anything out of it.

It would help a lot to get solid goaltending. It would help if a goalie can steal a game or 2 here or there.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
theres been allkinds of good things about redwings all season for non cry babys . ive enjoyed heck out of this season seeing the gunsmoke line become a top 20 nhl unit . tuzzi-larkin-mantha have all become top 100 nhlers , larkin an excellent two way centerman that can haul mail and hound any opponant center . tuzzi also an excellent 200' playerwith high hockey iq and scrappiness . manthas become a rugged powerforward with lethal shot . yzerman made a GREAT trade for robbie fabs whose a serious o zone weapon and another high iq hockey player . now zadinas found himself and looking to become a deadly sniper ands hustling like crazy . and finally have a legit top 4 offensive dman in hronek thats also got ruggedness to him . nemeth was a good signing for a rugged stay at home guy that could be around long term . then theres seider thats looking to be a top pair elite dman ands another rugged hockey player that weve not had in ages . velenos already shown to be a good wheeled power skater and strong in circle , now in my eyes hes starting to show signs of higher offensive talent . then theres ras'mountain who you can see is physically maturing and getting closer to his adult level of strength which is a scary thing as hes like a mountain man that bulldozes people , the injury has delayed it becoming obvious that hes going to be a wrecking ball . theres also mcissac coming off injury but was still chosen by team canada so its looking like weve actually got 3 legit dman finally and who knows what else yzermans got going with tuomisty and johanson . this is the first time in ages redwings future looks bright after we spent over a decade with no good young players being developed . and now we might get PICK #1 . last but not least STEVE F YZERMAN is our gm , im am STOKED with everything thats gone on this past redwings year .
This right here. THIS is what I want my hockey fan forum to be like!

Reactions: HisNoodliness

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Upper Deck Series 2 on 2/19. Smith and Zadina Young Guns. Also looking forward to see if Seider gets a taste of NHL action before the season ends.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Hopefully Rasmussen, Seider, Svechnikov, Smith and maybe even Veleno/Lindstrom get some NHL time.
If Mantha returns our forward group could start to look decent.
Maybe Yzerman can make another trade to land a reclamation project.

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
I look forward to seeing the kids play. Hoping seider gets his 9 games, maybe ras and svech get called up for a short while before the griffins playoffs.

I wanna see dmac back up and hopefully during whatever round of the playoff we find out.we have the #1 or #2 pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad