Things that will happen on 2006 draft day

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Chicago won't pick more than 1-2 defenseman, and that happening in the later rounds. 5-6 forwards and some goalies is what I expect. I also predict alot of GM's will say "I didn't think he'd be available to us, we got a steal." That hurts just typing it.

StanAjax

Jul 30, 2003
Nantes
Visit site
insider said:
Edmonton picks up Joensuu with the Niinimaki compensation pick, ending up with another Rob Schremp player

Joensuu is ours. We tanked in the last period of the regular season to make sure we draft before you. :sarcasm:

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
For Calgary, I predict Sutter trades one of his picks down for two. I also predict that he will lose himself for a minute and draft a guy from the Q at some point.

AgentNaslund*

Vancouver makes a pick, announces it to the fans later , that they made a "safe" pick :)

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
The Canucks will take a safe pick, Cal Clutterbuck - at 14 overall. ''This kid is going to be a foundation for our energy line for the next 10-15 years.'' - Ron Delorme, Canucks head scout.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
rt said:
St. Louis will draft Staal with the first overall pick. Watch.

I really could see them drafting Staal..........but not with the first pick........they know they can get him at 2 at least if not 3 or 4 and would trade down.

Roy G Biv*

The Ottawa Senators attempt to draft the entire 18 yr old male, Russian population.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
The Florida Panthers try to draft Angelo Esposito, saying that if put his age in years living on Mercury, he's actually way over the age of 18.

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
monster_bertuzzi said:
The Canucks will take a safe pick, Cal Clutterbuck - at 14 overall. ''This kid is going to be a foundation for our energy line for the next 10-15 years.'' - Ron Delorme, Canucks head scout.

at 14 he's a great pick! That's pretty much where I got him...

sehnsucht

Mar 10, 2004
I really hope they don't, I like White, but he will never be more than a checker in the NHL IMO.

I'll take a good checker with a late 1st rounder. Better than a boom or bust player that 75% of the time won't make the NHL. But I doubt the internet will ever appreciate Sutter's drafting style because he takes projects that arn't immediate impact players and arn't "sexy" prospects. So on and so forth. I'd be happy as long as the players make the NHL in some role, that's how you measure a successful draft, not how many prospects make the various top 50 lists.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
LA takes Helenius at #11 :eek:

Dal takes Jonessu with 1st pick.

Sanguinetti and Sheppard are in the top 9.

San Jose takes Fischer at #20.

Calgary takes Clutterbuck, Foligno or Fiala.

Either Atlanta or Washington pick a d-man over 6'5'' :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->