THG: The Playing Career of Steve Yzerman

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
THG fan here, not too high on his history videos personally but has other good videos too.

Why is that? I think his history videos are some of the best because he gives a fun perspective on how those players were generally perceived at the time, and it helps people like me who might have never watched those guys during their early years and only have numbers to go with. The way he explains the struggles of early Yzerman's teams and how they ended up being successful really helps put Steve's outstanding competitiveness on the map. I do wish he'd go more in details for every year, but the video might end up being too long!

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I don't get why people watch this guy. All superficial stuff. Often wrong when you get down to it.
I guess it might be decent if I wanted to learn more about another team, and watch him tell me about Florida or New Jersey or something,

But about Detroit? Or Yzerman? No thanks.

He just wrote a bunch of stats that I could look up on any reference site and babbled a bunch of very, very general context about the stats. He just sounds like an average HF user.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
He just wrote a bunch of stats that I could look up on any reference site and babbled a bunch of very, very general context about the stats. He just sounds like an average HF user.

Exactly.
And lots of HF users are pretty informed about hockey.
But not very many are informed about all the team, and all the guys who've ever played.
On reddit yesterday, there was some guy who got upvoted for a website that has scouting reports for every player on every team. I was skeptical. Sure enough, I loaded up the Red Wings and red 1-2 reports and realized it was complete garbage.

Reactions: Cyborg Yzerberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->