THG Power Rankings - Avs #1, Wild #31

TequilaBay

May 30, 2019
I'm sure this video will put a smile on every Avs fans face. Not only are we first in the power rankings, but the Wild are in dead last. It's like a double whammy... :nod:

In all honesty though, I would probably have the Avs at number 3 or 4 at best on the power rankings. Yes, we're undefeated, but at the same time, we got lucky with three of those wins, and the defense still makes me nervous. If I were to power rank each team right now, both on wins and how well I think they've played recently, I'd have it like this;

1. Carolina Hurricanes
2. Boston Bruins
3. Edmonton Oilers
4. Colorado Avalanche
5. St. Louis Blues
6. Buffalo Sabres
7. Washington Capitals
8. Winnipeg Jets
9. Vegas Golden Knights
10. Toronto Maple Leafs
11. Anaheim Ducks
12. Nashville Predators
13. Pittsburgh Penguins
14. New York Rangers
15. Detroit Red Wings
16. Calgary Flames
17. Tampa Bay Lightning
18. Montreal Canadiens
19. Arizona Coyotes
20. Vancouver Canucks
21. Philadelphia Flyers
22. New York Islanders
23. Florida Panthers
24. Los Angeles Kings
25. Dallas Stars
26. Columbus Blue Jackets
27. Chicago Blackhawks
28. Ottawa Senators
29. Minnesota Wild
30. New Jersey Devils
31. San Jose Sharks

Reactions: CB Joe

TequilaBay

May 30, 2019
Coilers & bruins above us? In what world?

Oilers are 5-0, players like Neal, Daisaitl, and McDavid are producing in spades, and Mike Smith has been exceptional to say the least.
As for the Bruins, our win over them a few days ago is under the asterisk of overturned goals.
Our team is excellent, but I want to see more before I can put them at the top.

Reactions: Newusername

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Oilers are 5-0, players like Neal, Daisaitl, and McDavid are producing in spades, and Mike Smith has been exceptional to say the least.
As for the Bruins, our win over them a few days ago is under the asterisk of overturned goals.

What is unsaid is how incredibly fast, quick and skilled this team is. It's obvious that we are far more versatile than last year and not solely reliant on 9296 to win the game. The thing that's striking is that even when Avs players are having bad games, they're still competitive. You can clearly see that with a little more playing time and line combinations gelling, that this team will be absolutely dominant. It's really beyond dispute.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Oilers also beat absolute cans. There was no playoff teams on their schedule.

PS

I don't get the asterisk thing. Goals were overturned with good reason.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Bruins, Canes, Blues and Knights look like they are in it for the long run. I expect Nashville to jump up too. I think the Avs will get a bit worse before they get better.

TequilaBay

May 30, 2019
That’s a sad State of Hockey.

Sad state of sports in general. The Wild, Vikings, T-Wolves, United FC, the North Stars before they moved to Dallas, no championships for any of them. To add insult to injury, they got cucked by Dallas in 1999. Also, the less said about the Lakers, the better for their sake.
The Minnesota Twins won a couple World Series, but that was back when the USSR still existed.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Oilers had to come back to win every game. That luck will run out eventually. We never trailed in 3 of 4 games.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Sad state of sports in general. The Wild, Vikings, T-Wolves, United FC, the North Stars before they moved to Dallas, no championships for any of them. To add insult to injury, they got cucked by Dallas in 1999. Also, the less said about the Lakers, the better for their sake.
The Minnesota Twins won a couple World Series, but that was back when the USSR still existed.

We joke, but the state itself’s contributions to the sport are significant. Mercifully it hasn’t lent itself to a Stanley Cup title. :laugh:

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
The Avs have double the amount of points (8) than the Stars, Hawks and wild have COMBINED (4).

Minny is especially terrible as the only team in the whole league with 0 points.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lets be honest, will you lot be surprised if Oilers lose their next four in a row? I know I wouldn't - they're obviously playing with some spark due to new coach and Smith (both aren't consistent enough long term).

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
5 come from behind wins doesn't strike me as sustainable either.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017

Not sure why there would be an asterisk... Those 2 goals were illegitimate. The rules may be absurd on the offside challenge, but it was offside. It was also pretty clear interference as you can see Grub slide right into Krejci's skate 2 feet into the crease.

We've had more than our fair share of being on the other side of those.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Some top teams are struggling atm, like Tampa, WSH or the Leafs. Realistically the AVS should be somewhere between 6-10, which is perfectly fine. But right now we are pretty good :)

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
It’s unreal how incredible we’re playing when at the same time we could be playing even better. I would have to say it does seem everything is working for us at the moment when as we know sometimes it’s just working against you. Lets enjoy the ride!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->