Great Britain: Thf

ukyote

User, Interrupted
Dec 19, 2005
London, England
Does anybody know if there's a special trick to registering for THF? I've sent two separate emails as they ask, not from a web-based supplier, but have heard nothing back. Has the GB hockey scene reached capacity? :sarcasm:

villevalo

Feb 29, 2012
UK
Does anybody know if there's a special trick to registering for THF? I've sent two separate emails as they ask, not from a web-based supplier, but have heard nothing back. Has the GB hockey scene reached capacity? :sarcasm:

Some people have been waiting years. It'd be better with some fresh blood but it's mainly become pretty deadening with most of the registered guys not following hockey anymore.

They'd let new guys on but the admin and the mods have all gone off hockey so it means the rarely ever do anything THF wise any more.

howeaboutthat

Jun 20, 2012
A ways outside MI...

You need to know a silly handshake and be mates of a mate of a bloke who drinks with one of the Mods. I haven't used my account in years and have forgotten the handshake.....

I really wouldn't be that fussed though, you really aren't missing much.

THF condensed.

- All EIHL teams are the evil, with the Panthers/Neil Black being the devil incarnate.
- EPL teams are all financially stable and the hockey played in the EPL is every bit as good as the EIHL/AHL/NHL*.
- NIHL and lower hockey is 'proper' hockey and people who follow such hockey are 'proper' fans.
- "I played rec hockey once upon a time so know how to run an EPL/EIHL/AHL/KHL/NHL* team".

(*delete according to absurdity of poster)

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
The people who run the site are useless, much like most of the posts on there

I just use a friends' shared account to read the hilarity

Don't bother with it, I'd like to see more people registering on here since there's only a dozen or so of us.

ukyote

User, Interrupted
Dec 19, 2005
London, England
Fair play, cheers for the advice guys. I'm up for checking this site more regularly, as you can see I signed up for this thing nearly a decade ago.

ChaiTiefling

Aug 29, 2006
Manchester, UK
I registered back in 2008 with nobody to vouch for me and got confirmed within the hour. Must have been one of the lucky ones.

THF condensed.

- All EIHL teams are the evil, with the Panthers/Neil Black being the devil incarnate.
- EPL teams are all financially stable and the hockey played in the EPL is every bit as good as the EIHL/AHL/NHL*.
- NIHL and lower hockey is 'proper' hockey and people who follow such hockey are 'proper' fans.
- "I played rec hockey once upon a time so know how to run an EPL/EIHL/AHL/KHL/NHL* team".

(*delete according to absurdity of poster)
That about covers it.

ChaiTiefling

Aug 29, 2006
Manchester, UK
Or Zukiwskyfan, with his unsettlingly fetishistic obsession with everything violent. The only man self-obsessed enough to quote himself in his signature.

howeaboutthat

Jun 20, 2012
A ways outside MI...
Or Zukiwskyfan, with his unsettlingly fetishistic obsession with everything violent. The only man self-obsessed enough to quote himself in his signature.

If its any conciliation he has exactly the same obsession with 'titles', 'weight classifications' and 'tilts' both on The Cage and in person.

I have tried to explain that fighting in hockey is part of the game rather than the purpose of it and promote MMA as an alternative but it doesn't seem to have had much effect....

ChaiTiefling

Aug 29, 2006
Manchester, UK
If its any conciliation he has exactly the same obsession with 'titles', 'weight classifications' and 'tilts' both on The Cage and in person.

I have tried to explain that fighting in hockey is part of the game rather than the purpose of it and promote MMA as an alternative but it doesn't seem to have had much effect....
The Cage is where I first saw him, strikes me as the sort of person who would start an argument in an empty room if it got his point across.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad