Post-Game Talk: They're sweating in New Jersey: Panthers destroy Habs 5-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I wonder how many people have tried driving into and out of Downtown Ft. Lauderdale in rush hour? It is miserable. If you are driving up from Miami it would add an extra 45 minutes onto the drive without going any extra distance.

Also, yes there may be a ton of restaurants and nightlife in downtown FTL, but there aren't many residents. Downtown is filled with businesses and Condos that are occupied by tourists. You think the Tuesday night games against Ottawa are empty now? add in that extra traffic and watch how few people show up.

Reactions: PanthersHockey1

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
This team is playing unbelievable hockey right now.

I really am eating crow about Boughner. I hated him to start, thought he had no structure but this team is playing incredible under him.

Everyone has a role and everyone plays it. The guys look loose out there and the talent is really coming to the forefront.

Holy **** I hope we can sneak into the playoffs. This next month is going to be nuts.
He did have a some structure, but it was not very good defensively. He adjusted IMO, and it's better, much better. It's still a work in progress though IMO. That's why I said for the first few weeks that he was mediocre so far. He was new on the job and I figured he would have to learn as he went. He's learning. I hope he keeps learning, because if we make the playoffs, I think he'll have to be even much better.

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
He did have a some structure, but it was not very good defensively. He adjusted IMO, and it's better, much better. It's still a work in progress though IMO. That's why I said for the first few weeks that he was mediocre so far. He was new on the job and I figured he would have to learn as he went. He's learning. I hope he keeps learning, because if we make the playoffs, I think he'll have to be even much better.

coaches need playoff experience, too. this is a good opportunity for him as well as our players. hope we keep this pace up!

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Don't know how much it will help, but the Metropica area they are building right next to BB&T may bring in some more attendance if we don't suck when it opens.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I wonder how many people have tried driving into and out of Downtown Ft. Lauderdale in rush hour? It is miserable. If you are driving up from Miami it would add an extra 45 minutes onto the drive without going any extra distance.

Also, yes there may be a ton of restaurants and nightlife in downtown FTL, but there aren't many residents. Downtown is filled with businesses and Condos that are occupied by tourists. You think the Tuesday night games against Ottawa are empty now? add in that extra traffic and watch how few people show up.
Yup. Ft Laud and 95 there are the worst. Miami downtown is obviously even worse but Sunrise is actually pretty good drive wise.

And there actually are decent places for a pregame brew like Yardhouse if people just bother to look around.

Reactions: Beezeral

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I’m not sure if the cats will make the Playoffs or not but it is nice to be in the race after their tough start to the season. It’s also funny to watch Lumbus and the Devils run for their playoff lives! What more can I ask for as a fan?

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
I’m not sure if the cats will make the Playoffs or not but it is nice to be in the race after their tough start to the season. It’s also funny to watch Lumbus and the Devils run for their playoff lives! What more can I ask for as a fan?
the owners to spend the cap and 2 seasons in a row in the playoffs.

Reactions: CatscratchFever

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
to be fair we had a good streak feb 2017 and blew it. i understand the hesitation in getting excited.
this ones a much better streak but I get it too. I don't truly understand why a team that lost more than it won is suddenly 14-3-1 without a roster change. its kind of baffling.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
this ones a much better streak but I get it too. I don't truly understand why a team that lost more than it won is suddenly 14-3-1 without a roster change. its kind of baffling.
A few things. The top 6 getting red hot for a month straight, Luongo playing like an all star every night, and the defense playing much smarter hockey.

geisterpanthers

Feb 7, 2018
Germany
I really like the attendance how it is at the moment. no sellouts but more than 10.000 each game is fine, just be realistic, fans are there but there ar other things going on in their lives as well.

Reactions: Rahooji
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->