They're from Columbus!

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I agree and was thinking this about Sillinger in particular when we added his brother to the org. Neither of his brothers, despite being relatively close in age, was born in Columbus, and none of them played youth hockey here. I’m tempted to say playing youth hockey here is more important than being born here. That said, I reserve the right to claim Cole.
I'll agree with you here. Being born somewhere is just something that happens. Actually being developed here through the AAA Blue Jackets program or otherwise shows that Columbus had an impact on their development.

Reactions: NotTooWideArena

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Braiden Clark (6’0” 185 C, AAA Jacket from UA) committed to Providence. He will play there starting the 2023/24 season. His draft year is this year, maybe he goes in the 5th round?

Nate Leaman is the Providence coach (US WJC coach too) and is actually an Ohio guy as well… he’s from Centerville.
Leaman is a guy I had hoped they would interview for Torts’ replacement, which is off-topic for this thread I guess.

Good for Braiden.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Braiden Clark (6’0” 185 C, AAA Jacket from UA) committed to Providence. He will play there starting the 2023/24 season. His draft year is this year, maybe he goes in the 5th round?

Nate Leaman is the Providence coach (US WJC coach too) and is actually an Ohio guy as well… he’s from Centerville.

He is Chris Clark’s son.

Reactions: LJ7

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Some years ago, I was watching the infant son of friends for an evening. They were relocated Pens fans. Naturally, I dressed the kid in a tiny CBJ sweater and sent them a picture. Today, the same kid is playing for one of the local hockey teams that wear the CBJ crest. The parents also came to their senses and root for the Jackets. Maybe one day this kid will be in the NHL, who knows? But yah, it’s cool having a local NHL team to help inspire kids.

Last edited:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Deleted...because I posted this same exact thought last year when the thread began :)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad