They're all still in New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuckerdomi

Dec 4, 2004
Ontario
I hear no one has left New York is this true? if their still there then that could be a positive thing, usually they would be long gone. I beleive there will be a Team name on the Cup for a 2004-2005 season. :handclap:

Phil333

Dec 26, 2003
New York City
tuckerdomi said:
I hear no one has left New York is this true? if their still there then that could be a positive thing, usually they would be long gone. I beleive there will be a Team name on the Cup for a 2004-2005 season. :handclap:

Well you've obviously lost it. This thing is dead.

Jaysfanatic*

Yeah, the PA is taking in the sights, watching real people do real work, and getting paid peanuts. I heard that a doctor just walked by, and Linden, Guerin, and Goodenow all stopped him and said "Hey, you're a doctor right?" To which he replied "Yes, I am." Which caused the 3 to point and laugh and say, "hahahahaha we sat out of playing HOCKEY for a year, and we're still richer than you!" Goodenow added: "While I don't play hockey, I am their boss, and they bring in the money for me, I sat around, insulted many people, and Im still freakin' rich!"

A Good Flying Bird*

tuckerdomi said:

I never bought Bettman's cancellation the first time.
But I've got almost no hope for this season.

Barring a complete capitulation by the players, by tomorrow, it's over.

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
They could go sightseeing tomorrow. :joker: Just kidding.

I don't know if they've left or not. I know some media reports said the NHLPA guys would be heading back to Toronto. So it's anybody's guess right now.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
tuckerdomi said:
I beleive there will be a Team name on the Cup for a 2004-2005 season. :handclap:

Man, I have to applaud your desperate optimism... You must be one of those guys who think Elvis is still alive.

tuckerdomi

Dec 4, 2004
Ontario
ParisSaintGermain said:
Man, I have to applaud your desperate optimism... You must be one of those guys who think Elvis is still alive.

Naah Elvis is Dead, but 2 Pacs still kickin it somewhere. :bow:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Devilsfanatic said:
Yeah, the PA is taking in the sights, watching real people do real work, and getting paid peanuts. I heard that a doctor just walked by, and Linden, Guerin, and Goodenow all stopped him and said "Hey, you're a doctor right?" To which he replied "Yes, I am." Which caused the 3 to point and laugh and say, "hahahahaha we sat out of playing HOCKEY for a year, and we're still richer than you!" Goodenow added: "While I don't play hockey, I am their boss, and they bring in the money for me, I sat around, insulted many people, and Im still freakin' rich!"
Taking in a NBA game while they are in town .. but those NBA Players make the NHL players contracts look like they are playing for peanuts .. This really can't help the process ..

Jaysfanatic*

The Messenger said:
Taking in a NBA game while they are in town .. but those NBA Players make the NHL players contracts look like they are playing for peanuts .. This really can't help the process ..

Lucky for the league, the NBA is off this weekend, unless the PA flies off to Denver.

Pavel

Mar 1, 2004
Houston
This is ridiculous. This is worse than the announcement canceling the season. I hate them for doing this to us.

greatlakeshab

Jan 26, 2005
First they canceled then they uncanceled now they canceled the uncanceled. Tomorrow they cancel the canceled uncanceled. :D

Briannj1970

Jan 15, 2005
Pavel said:
This is ridiculous. This is worse than the announcement canceling the season. I hate them for doing this to us.

I was telling my wife this a few hours ago. I think everyone did far more damage today than they did on Wednesday. At least when it was assumed that the thing was dead we could at least move on with stuff. By dangling that carrot today and taking it away, that was like taking away a candy bar from a little kid, turning around and saying, "Okay...you can have it", getting the kid all smiles and all sorts of excited, only to take it away again.

At this rate I won't even believe them if they do come to an agreement. In fact, I'll probably be tuned into the first game (whenever that is) and wait for the color bars to come up and a message reading "due to philosophical differences beyond our control...."......

Last edited:

Grandpabuzz

Oct 13, 2003
Dallas, Texas
Hopefully they remain in NY until they reach an agreement so next season can be saved. This season is toast, put it on the back page, front page, whatever, they will not win game 5 and the Stanley Cup will have a sunburn once it is given out at least a year from now.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
They are better off stepping away from the table for a while if they want to appease the fans. Ive been saying that if they reach a deal in the next few weeks and there's no season.. it's going to piss a lot of people off.

WhalerBoy

Jul 22, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Briannj1970 said:
At this rate I won't even believe them if they do come to an agreement. In fact, I'll probably be tuned into the first game (whenever that is) and wait for the color bars to come up and a message reading "due to philosophical difference beyond our control...."......

:yo:

saillias

Sep 6, 2004
Calgary
There needs to be some radical political group with big guns that kidnaps them all, shoves em in a building and doesn't let them out until they make an agreement.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
tuckerdomi said:

Ok I 'll ask: where did you hear this? *smashes face into his keyboard*

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
saillias said:
There needs to be some radical political group with big guns that kidnaps them all, shoves em in a building and doesn't let them out until they make an agreement.
The only radical group I can think of doing this would be French Canadians.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
OilerMania83 said:
Maybe it'd be called the FULQ Crisis?
Definitely wasnt a slam on French Canadians.

Political Bell Curve...they are considered hard left. Wasn't there a movement in the 90's for Quebec to declare themselves independent from canadian rule?

SuperUnknown

Mar 14, 2002
Visit site
futurcorerock said:
Definitely wasnt a slam on French Canadians.

Political Bell Curve...they are considered hard left. Wasn't there a movement in the 90's for Quebec to declare themselves independent from canadian rule?

Right now Quebec's government is center-right to hard-right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad