"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
G
I mean, we had a few looks, but nothing that screamed "Should've been a gimme"

B
Mostly we just skated around, rarely asserted, no plan of attack

U
The one time we have a body in front, it's a disallowed goal. f*** you very much, NHL.
The quitting body language and playstyle continues

UUUUUU
I'm part of the problem. I'm watching games still.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Well what can I say , I high draft pick and the chance at Hughes , Kaako, Cozens , Byram etc is the only silver lining that will come to this season and Housley is one more step closer to getting fired so that’s a bonus

Reactions: MagnumForce2

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Three wins in the last 19.

Can’t wait to find out if that is totally acceptable to this organization in the offseason when it comes to a coach who is f***ing indefensibly awful.

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
G:
Devils' board being mad about the GI call warms the heart.
Some of you will be happy for the tank.
B:
The usual things.
U:
I'm excited for a Sens game?? They seem to be playing harder than expected.

Reactions: sabremike

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Looking to categorize the following and don't know if it should be G B or U

Reinhart now following the Eichel 1-vs-all model of hockey.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Tampa's going to have more wins this year than we've had the past two seasons combined
If this happens. That’s a stat that should open some f***ing eyes. I keep ripping on Edmonton saying they need to fire and re hire EVERYONE like FLA did a few years back. I think we need the same thing. Rid this organization of bad juju and change this culture somehow

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
If this happens. That’s a stat that should open some ****ing eyes. I keep ripping on Edmonton saying they need to fire and re hire EVERYONE like FLA did a few years back. I think we need the same thing. Rid this organization of bad juju and change this culture somehow
"Culture change" is the new "accelerated rebuild."

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
"Culture change" is the new "accelerated rebuild."
Sure? I didn’t mention anything about trades or accelerated the rebuild. Just that we should rid ourselves of people who have a loser mentality. It’s all over this organization. Everyone who has a role in this team should have an exit interview and have it be determined whether or not they should return for next season. Enough is enough.

member 311261

Good- Rick calling the game. I don't care what any of the naysayers say... He's still the very best and I wish he called all 82. From a technical standpoint, I think he still does a really good job of describing the action. Listening in the car, I can follow the play when it's Rick, but not with Dan.

Bad- If only Rick had a good team in front of him!

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Attended this one with good cheap seats at least

Good
Lots of shots
Three lines made sense
Pilut was pleasant to watch, even though he is still getting a little manhandled
Devils fans cheering when Eichel iced a puck on Schneider and he saved it

Bad
Two penalties by Sobotka. Two shots on PK lead to goals. Unreal this guy still gets minutes. Same thing happened last game too, but who is sitting? Mittelstadt! Unreal, Fire Housley
Eichel dogging it away from the puck. He’s mailed it in, and the rest of the team has followed. To be fair, it mostly went downhill effort wise when Eichel was suspended though
They take too long to take their shots. Time and time again a forward, usually Eichel or Skinner, circle the puck into the top of the slot. Get past the guy blocking it, then wait three more strides before shooting a gimme to the goalie. These guys need to shoot immediately after getting past the blocker before the goalie can find them. The lack of urgency is why we never score. Same goes for on the power play. No urgency. I’d need my toes to count the number of times we had nobody in front of the net while we had control too. Yuck.
Scandella is atrocious. He can’t pass worth a damn and our zone-man defense scheme is way too quick for him to handle.
Nelson can’t handle the NHL. Sorry, he was bad.
We rarely ever skate with speed into the zone. The forwards are always dogging it waiting for a pass that never comes. Because they’re dogging it, none of them are ever open for the defenders. Even when they are, all but one or two defenders are incapable of making the pass. And our only players who can receive a pass play center and never are breaking out because they’re supposed to swing low. It’s an all around mess and puts me to sleep watching. It’s not fit for this team. And neither is the dump or chase. I don’t think I saw one check on a forecheck all night. Don’t wear down a defense you never touch.
Ullmark on that first goal. He did manage to save his first wrap around cause the guy shot it into the middle of the net.

Ugly
I just thought Newark airport was ugly, but the town is worse
They played a bit in the intermission about ‘the best part about living in Buffalo’ with the options: Snowstorms, Sports Teams, (something degrading i forget), and Nothing. Absolutely nothing won the vote. Geez. No self awareness about the pit stain Newark is in the metro.
Housley. Zero animation on the bench versus some bad reffing. The woe is me attitude he has infected the entire team and it shows. Eichel trying to talk to a ref after the second bs Sobotka penalty and the ref straight up ignores him and he skates away with his head down. Just pathetic. I miss Ruff. At least those teams made games interesting when the players didn’t decide to show up.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
I really can't complain about this game. The Sabres absolutely dominated this one. The Eichel-Nylander-Sheary line just went wild.

Pilut is the gotdam Ristolainen-whisperer, lol.

Reactions: Reddawg

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I really can't complain about this game. The Sabres absolutely dominated this one. The Eichel-Nylander-Sheary line just went wild.

Pilut is the gotdam Ristolainen-whisperer, lol.
We were playing a team that Rochester probably would've beaten the hell out of.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Attended this one with good cheap seats at least

Good
Lots of shots
Three lines made sense
Pilut was pleasant to watch, even though he is still getting a little manhandled
Devils fans cheering when Eichel iced a puck on Schneider and he saved it

Bad
Two penalties by Sobotka. Two shots on PK lead to goals. Unreal this guy still gets minutes. Same thing happened last game too, but who is sitting? Mittelstadt! Unreal, Fire Housley
Eichel dogging it away from the puck. He’s mailed it in, and the rest of the team has followed. To be fair, it mostly went downhill effort wise when Eichel was suspended though
They take too long to take their shots. Time and time again a forward, usually Eichel or Skinner, circle the puck into the top of the slot. Get past the guy blocking it, then wait three more strides before shooting a gimme to the goalie. These guys need to shoot immediately after getting past the blocker before the goalie can find them. The lack of urgency is why we never score. Same goes for on the power play. No urgency. I’d need my toes to count the number of times we had nobody in front of the net while we had control too. Yuck.
Scandella is atrocious. He can’t pass worth a damn and our zone-man defense scheme is way too quick for him to handle.
Nelson can’t handle the NHL. Sorry, he was bad.
We rarely ever skate with speed into the zone. The forwards are always dogging it waiting for a pass that never comes. Because they’re dogging it, none of them are ever open for the defenders. Even when they are, all but one or two defenders are incapable of making the pass. And our only players who can receive a pass play center and never are breaking out because they’re supposed to swing low. It’s an all around mess and puts me to sleep watching. It’s not fit for this team. And neither is the dump or chase. I don’t think I saw one check on a forecheck all night. Don’t wear down a defense you never touch.
Ullmark on that first goal. He did manage to save his first wrap around cause the guy shot it into the middle of the net.

Ugly
I just thought Newark airport was ugly, but the town is worse
They played a bit in the intermission about ‘the best part about living in Buffalo’ with the options: Snowstorms, Sports Teams, (something degrading i forget), and Nothing. Absolutely nothing won the vote. Geez. No self awareness about the pit stain Newark is in the metro.
Housley. Zero animation on the bench versus some bad reffing. The woe is me attitude he has infected the entire team and it shows. Eichel trying to talk to a ref after the second bs Sobotka penalty and the ref straight up ignores him and he skates away with his head down. Just pathetic. I miss Ruff. At least those teams made games interesting when the players didn’t decide to show up.

Kudos to you for sextupling the effort of the collective team with your one post.

They don’t deserve it.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Anyways... one thing @Icicle hit on that sits towards the top of the list of things that contributed to this motherf***ing embarrassment of a stretch of professional hockey: the inexplicable, 90% deterioration of Scandella.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Well what can I say , I high draft pick and the chance at Hughes , Kaako, Cozens , Byram etc is the only silver lining that will come to this season and Housley is one more step closer to getting fired so that’s a bonus

And hopefully the nitwit who hired him and built this roster.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Anyways... one thing @Icicle hit on that sits towards the top of the list of things that contributed to this mother****ing embarrassment of a stretch of professional hockey: the inexplicable, 90% deterioration of Scandella.

I still wonder at the vertigo to start the year and then later surfaced in December-ish. Concussion? That’s what leaves me wondering.

Reactions: jBuds

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
I still wonder at the vertigo to start the year and then later surfaced in December-ish. Concussion? That’s what leaves me wondering.
He was nothing like this last year. I think it’s entirely possible. Vertigo can be really scary.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Last night was a mildly passable effort against a team that has been in total disarray all season and they still could only muster one fluke goal.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Last night was a mildly passable effort against a team that has been in total disarray all season and they still could only muster one fluke goal.
Good thing we scratched Mittelstadt against a team we would spend some time in the offensive zone when playing. Gotta get him ready to be hemmed in with Nelson and Scandella backing him up.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad